PDA

View Full Version : Reloads and Kahr warranty

Captain Crunch
02-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Anyone ever have kahr actually void their warranty for a non ammunition related issue?

muggsy
02-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Not that I'm aware of. Kahr has even repaired a few under warranty that were pre-owned.

Popeye
02-20-2013, 03:58 AM
I guess if the owner has done some of his own tinkering to the pistol, Kahr would have a problem with the warranty. Other than that I've never heard of any problems. If your asking if the Kahrs have problems shooting reloads all I can say is mine has not.

hardluk1
02-20-2013, 05:39 AM
You know that allmost all firearm companies want no reloads to be used. Can't say whats in my mix of ammo.

Longitude Zero
02-20-2013, 06:25 AM
Most do not honor warranty claims with reloads. All dishonor warranty claims if the weapon has been modified in any way however slight if the modification/change is not factory done. I have seen some disallow warranty if the sights are changed.

JohnR
02-20-2013, 08:04 AM
The local ranges sell Atlanta Arms ammo, which is reloads. Why would that void a warranty? If it's not written in the owner's manual or warranty info card, they can't getcha for it.

If you load your ammo to way above "normal" spec and it blows up, then it's really your fault not Kahr's.

Captain Crunch
02-20-2013, 08:29 AM
It is in my manual and warranty statement.

wyntrout
02-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I use those "reloads" at the range sometimes, to extend my own supply... now limited to only one box per day. That's a big company and I've had no problem with their ammo. They make precision ammo.

I don't really consider those "re-manufactured" as regular reloads. That ammo isn't made by someone drinking a beer and watching football, or otherwise distracted!:D

Any business with Kahr doesn't need to mention the ammo unless THAT's the cause of whatever problem being addressed. You use "regular reloads" at your own risk. The manual is pretty clear:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7723&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1361223430

Wynn:)

jocko
02-20-2013, 09:36 AM
any reload by any maker would more than likely void ur warranty, if u told um that up front. U can say what u want about atlant arms ammo, but it is a reload and that in itself opens up the door to have your warranty voided. I don't see kahr or anymaker making exceptions for certain reloading companies. Doesn't mean atlanta ammo is not a good company either. Forst place I would go b ack to would be atlanta ammo, as they made the bad round, not kahr.

ltxi
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Common sense here....put seriously dorked up, non new factory ammo in your gun and ruin it, it's on you. Otherwise, not an issue.

Captain Crunch
02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks to all. I was hoping for any actual experiences you may have had w/kahr. Oh well, plan to shoot my normal reloads.

muggsy
02-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Captain, if you follow safe handloading practices you shouldn't have a problem. If you use only your own reloads you shouldn't have a problem. If your gun has polygonal rifling don't used cast lead bullets. Other than that, have a ball. I've been practicing with my own reloads in both of my Kahr pistols since the recommended break-in period. I've shot my own reloads in everything I own with no problems. That includes rifles, pistols and shotguns for more than forty years.