PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr owner in Michigan

zaman
02-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Hello all. I've been hanging out here for a while, picking up info, deciding which Kahr model I wanted. Long story short, I ended up buying three!
I knew I wanted a 9mm to replace my Sr9c. The Sr9c shoots great but I find myself not carrying it allot because I really prefer to pocket carry my Bodyguard 380. My intention was to get a PM9 to pocket carry which I order through my LGS. After waiting what seemed like forever, I found a CM9 in stock at another dealer and canceled my PM9 order. After buying and cleaning the CM9, but never firing it, I found a deal on an older blunt nosed PM9 with night sights. I love the look of the blunt nose and prefer the 3 dot night sights, so naturally I bought that too. I am therefore left with an unfired CM9 to sell. Oh well. Better too many guns than too few.
To make this "short" story even longer, I enjoyed shooting and carrying the PM9 so much that I also bought a new P380 to replace my Bodyguard 380.
The good news is both guns have run nearly flawlessly. I've put about 300 rounds through the PM9 with only a small hiccup. I had the mag. drop twice while shooting Buffalo bore +p rounds. Just dropped enough to keep the next round from loading. Corbons and Guardian golds were no problem.
The brand new P380 went even better. Through 350 rounds of mixed target and S.D. ammo, the only thing I noticed is that by the end of my session the spent casings quit flying to my right and started flying directly back at me. I attribute this to the gun being tight and dirty. After cleaning and polishing the chamber the brass went back to flying to the right. I'll keep the gun clean and consider the "problem" solved.
Anyways, I just wanted to pop in to introduce myself and say thanks for the stickys and other good info I've found here. Brian.

Jules Winnfield
02-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Congrats on your new Kahrs. I too recently became a PM9 owner. My first introduction to Kahrs came by way of a rented CM9 at my local gun range. I was impressed enough with the size, trigger pull and accuracy that the following week I ran out and purchased my own PM9. The icing on the cake was that I found myself to be even more accurate with the PM9. Good luck with your new toys.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

phil413tx
02-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Congrats and welcome! you are off to a great start by buying two of them! I know you will enjoy your Kahrs! They may not be your last! I have 4 of them. The more you shoot them, the better they get.

zaman
02-23-2013, 04:58 PM
If they get better through use, they will be fine pieces of hardware within the next few months or so. I've stockpiled some ammo and intend to keep the guns from getting cold or lonely.

Rob_0t
02-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Rippin in the mitten!

Brighton here.

Flincher
02-24-2013, 05:19 AM
Welcome to the forum from North Dakota

AIRret
02-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Welcome aboard!
From Chesterfield TWP, MI

ParrotHead
02-24-2013, 07:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/ani_welcomegreen.gif

zaman
02-26-2013, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the welcomes guys. Glad to be aboard.

Tyranta
02-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Welcome from ND!

BucketBack
02-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Welcome from West MI

Geobob
02-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Hello, Zaman, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

eireguy
02-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Welcome