PDA

View Full Version : Night Sights??? What happened?

phil413tx
02-24-2013, 08:10 PM
So I have a MK9 with night sights I bought new in October 2011. I love the gun but I bought a K9 a few months back. Then I also bought a g19 and a T9. The MK9 has sat in the safe since then. I have been contemplating selling it but I have struggled. So I finally took it out to take it to the range last week. When I opened the safe, I noticed only two dots glowing at me and not 3. The front sight was dark. Has anyone had this problem?

reswob
02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Sounds like the front sight was sitting on the shelf for 12 years before it got put on the gun.

wyntrout
02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
I waited 11 months for one of the first P380's with night sights. I sent it back the next day because the front NS was DOA. Kahr replaced it. They should replace yours. Send an email to Kahr CS with that picture, including your serial number. They should replace it... or Trijicon should, if it's one of theirs. They are guaranteed for 12 years... half-life for green Tritium sights.

Wynn:)

phil413tx
02-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I emailed kahr last week. Jay sent the following email

"Good morning. I am sorry to hear about the night sights. Those should still
be under warranty with Meprolight. I would suggest contacting them so that
they can assist you. I apologize for any inconvenience."

I am still waiting to hear back from Meprolight. I wish they were as quick as Kahr.

phil413tx
04-03-2013, 02:03 PM
I know I started this thread about 6 weeks ago but I am just getting around to calling Meprolight. Has anyone sent a night sight back to them before? I called and they told me it has to be taken off the slide for them to look at it. They said if it is still on the slide, they would refuse it because it is not a Kimber gun. I was very surprised by this.