PDA

View Full Version : First Time Kahr Owner From RI

skeeter7
03-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Hello everyone,

New here to the forum. Took home my first Kahr (CM40) yesterday and went to the range today. After the 40th round the magazine follower broke. I was not too pleased to say the least considering it's a brand new gun. I am reading that it's sort of a common problem. Hopefully, Kahr will make good on it. I'm sure they will. Besides the follower, the gun is amazing. Shot tight groups with it and it pocket carries pretty nicely. I really want to like this gun and I hope the magazine followers really aren't its Achilles heal.

Flincher
03-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the forum from North Dakota

RevRay
03-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi there. I'm next door in CT still waiting for my permit. But I can say a little something about your follower issue. I bought a CM9 from a guy up in NH which is currently waiting at a gun shop until I can pick it up. The guy I bought the gun from sold 3 extra magazines with it which he sent directly to me. They all had the follower modifications made to them that others recommend elsewhere on the forum. I had a chance last week to do some shooting with a friend using his MK9, and the magazines all worked fine. Probably all you need to do is make the slight modification on the new one and you'll be fine.

skeeter7
03-02-2013, 05:01 PM
What exactly is the slight modification that I need to do? I haven't read anywhere about that yet.

Geobob
03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Hello, Skeeter7, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

BULLSTONE
03-16-2013, 12:32 PM
welcome to the forum from the great state of virginia.
BULLSTONE