PDA

View Full Version : cops in schools for free

knkali
03-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Wow an idea that doesnt require more digging into our pockets. How can that be?
Also LaPierre was practically laughed off the stage when the NRA recommended this. See the poll results after the segement? Seems having a LEO at school isnt such a bad, scarey thing.
http://www.today.com/video/today/51064492#51064492

jocko
03-06-2013, 03:12 PM
the school system in Terre Haute, Ind recently worked with the sheriff's dept and between each of them they are putting in 150K each to have a police officer (retired ) to be in the schools thorughout the day in unfirom and armed. Not costing obummer a dime to do it. None of the schools administrators was against this policy either..

ltxi
03-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I do find it sad we've come to this.

PNine64
03-06-2013, 06:29 PM
I do find it sad we've come to this.

Police in schools? Why? Twenty five years ago I was in high school and we had a police officer in our high school. The school was typically ranked in the top 5% in the nation. Good education...someone there to ensure safety...what's not to like?

How many officers per capita? How many kids in the school? If the numbers are right why wouldn't you station one there?

ltxi
03-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Fifty years ago the idea would have been rightly ridiculed. I do find it sad we've come to this.

jocko
03-06-2013, 06:46 PM
today we need to error on the side of safety to. 50 years ago Itxi, we didn't have these violent video games that kids seem so enthralled with. 50 years ago a teacher popped a kid if he was a d!ck. today the kid brings a gun to school and pops the teacher. Times have changed, certainy people have changed

ltxi
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
today we need to error on the side of safety to. 50 years ago Itxi, we didn't have these violent video games that kids seem so enthralled with. 50 years ago a teacher popped a kid if he was a d!ck. today the kid brings a gun to school and pops the teacher. Times have changed, certainy people have changed

Not arguing that,,,just saying I do find it sad we've come to this.

jocko
03-06-2013, 07:00 PM
no doubt about that ... Our current leadership is sad to.. well it is 9 p.m here and I need to takemy meds as I have a racial awareness sinsitivity class tomorrow mornin and I don't wantto miss it. Al Sharpton is gonna be our guest speaker, then a 15 minute live broadcast video from Charles Manson.:Amflag2:

QuercusMax
03-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I recently read about a small town that came up with quite a good idea: They plan to open a new branch office of their local police department - in their local high school.

Apparently the police department needed a little more space, the high school had some space, and they are both local government entities. Win - win?

ltxi
03-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I recently read about a small town that came up with quite a good idea: They plan to open a new branch office of their local police department - in their local high school.

Apparently the police department needed a little more space, the high school had some space, and they are both local government entities. Win - win?

Last time, I promise.....I do find it sad we've come to this.

PNine64
03-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Oh...and back when I was in school we carried pocket knives and had a skeet club (guns in the trunk of the car on school property). My grandpa used to talk about bringing their .22s on the bus with them. Yes...times change. The changes that make me sad are the ones that have forced our society to move to the left..

muggsy
03-07-2013, 06:32 AM
I find it sad that it took you so long to come to that conclusion. :)

PNine64
03-07-2013, 06:57 AM
I find it sad that it took you so long to come to that conclusion. :)

Me? Well I've been sad (angry really) since the Clinton era. Not a big fan of the Bush administration either but was somewhat jaded by a post 9/11 sense of patriotism. What we have now makes me physically ill.

Popeye
03-07-2013, 07:33 AM
In my 66 years of life sadly we've come to a lot of things/ideas we once would have thought was crazy. Now that the world has gone crazy nothing seems crazy.:( (Popeye ..Yogism):D

jocko
03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Oh...and back when I was in school we carried pocket knives and had a skeet club (guns in the trunk of the car on school property). My grandpa used to talk about bringing their .22s on the bus with them. Yes...times change. The changes that make me sad are the ones that have forced our society to move to the left..

carried my rifle many times in the trunk of the car and as soon as school et out 3 ouf us wouldbe goin squirrel hutng for what available daylight was left never an issue and to my knowledge never illegal even People just never thought about the violence and insanity that is going on today. Just sayin:Amflag2: