PDA

View Full Version : CM 40 Thumbs Down

BamaRick
03-08-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty disappointed in my CM40. I have read all the threads I can find, cleaned and lubed several times as instructed, shot different rounds with different weight bullets and the slide is still hanging up. Not on any particular round, it may be the second or the last. I've tried loading less bullets and it still jams. You can pull the slide back slightly and let go and the round will go in. I have a Glock 40 and Sig 40 and never had any problems. Called kahr and took awhile before anyone answered, so I guess I'm sending it back in... This will be my last Kahr.
Rick

gb6491
03-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty disappointed in my CM40. I have read all the threads I can find, cleaned and lubed several times as instructed, shot different rounds with different weight bullets and the slide is still hanging up. Not on any particular round, it may be the second or the last. I've tried loading less bullets and it still jams. You can pull the slide back slightly and let go and the round will go in. I have a Glock 40 and Sig 40 and never had any problems. Called kahr and took awhile before anyone answered, so I guess I'm sending it back in... This will be my last Kahr.
Rick
Sorry to hear you are having issue with your new pistol (saw you post on Defensive Carry as well).
Have you let another shooter fire your pistol? I ask because the type of malfunction you describe and the randomness of it could be shooter related (no insult/criticism intended here, just trying to eliminate possibilities).
Regards,
Greg

BamaRick
03-08-2013, 12:49 PM
No, Haven't had anyone else shoot it. I'm use to recoil as I shoot my 44 mag. revolver. I have tried the best I can to control the recoil to reduce any chance that it was recoil related. If it is that sensitive I won't trust it under any grave circumstance that I hope I'm never in.

hardluk1
03-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Still sometimes it pay's to have another shooter give it a good luck over and run at the shooting line. My first kahr came from a distruntled well season handgun shooter. Ran great for me and I ain't that good a pistol shooter. Plus today all companys do make a turd once in a while. Give kahr a chance to fix it.

wyntrout
03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
My P40 had similar problems and I removed a tiny bit of material and smoothed the extractor claw, and made sure there was enough room to allow the cartridge rim to fit under the claw and now it's fine.

Wynn:)

alltherage
03-08-2013, 04:28 PM
i left an action open on a shotgun for a couple weeks to weaken the spring a bit...cycled wayyy better after that. I've wondered with these stiff sprung subcompact pistols if that would help too.

scosgt
03-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Is it failing to feed or is the slide lock engaging prematurely?
PSL in mine is limited to TMJ range ammo. Works fine with JHP.
And I found that Fiocchi TMJ BEB will not feed reliably. So I shoot that in my Glock.

BamaRick
03-09-2013, 05:16 AM
Failing To Feed.

ethomas
03-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Mine has not had any problems. I would send it back for sure.

wyntrout
03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Here's my P40 FTF video. I thought it was a chamber problem but it turned out to be inadequate clearance for the cartridge rim to fit easily under the extractor claw. I smothed and polished the areas of the claw and the breechface sides where they might be to tight or narrow and the problem stopped.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/wyntrout/?action=view&current=P40ExtractorFTF.mp4

This may not be your problem, but it sounded similar.

Wynn:)