PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you use Froglube?

swrdply400mrelay
03-10-2013, 04:24 PM
I use Frog lube on my Glock, M&P, 1911, and my 22 pistols and the results have all been better than other lubricants I've used.

Just wondering if anyone uses FL on their PM/CM pistols and their results.

Longitude Zero
03-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Nope. I use M-Pro7 and Tetra Gun on all my firearms. Never tried or have any interest in Frog Lube. To each their own.

Jules Winnfield
03-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Funny u should ask because I just received my shipment of FL this past Friday. Have yet to try it as finding 9mm FMJ for my Sig, Glock & Kahr is quickly turning into Mission Impossible:(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

340pd
03-12-2013, 07:40 AM
I got tired of the odors of Miltec, and other cleaners, so I bought the FL "kit" paste/liquid, and first tried it on my M&P Shield. The heating of the parts is a no brainier. Heat gun or a spot/flood lamp will do just fine. The stuff seems to work as advertised. I will say cleaning the gun is a total breeze and there is a nice slick sheen to the pistol now.

I have now done my Kahr PM9, XDm, a 586 matte blue revolver, and 340pd snubbie. I am working my way through my collection as needed. I think a couple of treatments on each should be plenty. FL may be the "miracle lube of the week" but it sure is easy to work with and I will continue until it is proven to create issues. So far, I have not seen a lot of negatives posted about FL.

JimC
03-12-2013, 09:10 AM
No.

FP-10 and TW25-b.

igolfat8
03-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I saw an interesting video on YouTube where a guy coated a bunch of nails with different gun lubes, sprayed them with salt water and then set them outside for 16 days. There were only three nails (lube samples) that did not have rust and they were Breakfree CLP, Eezox and Slide Glide (which isn't really a fair comparison because its a grease and not an oil). Its pretty long and dry but here is a link to the test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNbw0vRjH2s

jocko
03-12-2013, 10:13 AM
and ur point???

Salty
03-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Sand, dust and heat are my enemies - FL works fine - but so does Breakfree CLP products. For serious dust Kroil makes a good dry lube product as well as an instrument oil for those small hard to get areas.

Nimrod
03-12-2013, 11:59 AM
This is an interesting thread. I have just been researching gun lubes over the last couple of days. It seems like everything is liked by at least some people and there is nothing that everyone likes. My guess is that most all gun lubricants work pretty well, but I'm sure some or better than others.

I have used Hoppes for over 50 years and have always been pleased with the results. When I run out of my current supply of Hoppes, I think I will try Moble 1. There are a lot of good arguments for it and it is cheap.

krazman
03-12-2013, 12:16 PM
I admit it. I'm Lazy!

I have not researched gun lubricants. Nimrod, please spoon feed me the "good arguments" for Mobil 1. They must be really good to make you switch after 50 years.

I have owned/shot handguns for about 6 months so I have zero knowledge about this subject. I currently use Gunslick Pro brand because that's what they sold me when I bought my first handgun. I also use TW25b because someone somewhere wrote that it is good. DUH!

Please enlighten me. Thank you!
kraz

Nimrod
03-12-2013, 01:13 PM
First of all, Moble 1 is a synthetic lubricant.
Second, it is used in most race cars. The conditions the race engines put on the oil is much more severe than any my guns will ever put on oil.
Third, by using the 5W-20, the oil will be thick enough to stay where you put it, but be thin enough to easily coat the parts you are trying to lube. It will not get too thin at the higher temperatures your gun will put on it. At the same time, it will not get too thick in winter conditions.
Fourth, it is cheap. A quart costs about the same as a 4 oz. bottle of Hoppes or other popular gun oils.

These are some of the good arguments that I ran across. Some of the "tests" I ran across on the internet show Moble 1 to be at least as good as the best. There is one man who posts "The Plate of Turth" on you tube. Several of his tests included Moble 1. You can find these by googling "plate of truth". That should pop up these tests which include corrosion tests as well as heat tests.

Like I said, I am pleased with Hoppes, but I intend to try Moble 1.

krazman
03-12-2013, 01:39 PM
For that very informative post. Much appreciated!
kraz

BEARDOG
03-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Never tried frog lube but have never seen a rusty or squeaky frog either so it must be good stuff ;)

I use Mobil 1 works great.
I run the super duper extended mileage type Mobile 1 in our Jeep G. Cherokee and after I change it, I just fill up an eye dropper with the residue left in the jug, wa-la essentially free gun oil.
Also I use Breakfree CLP that I keep in my range bag. Some rem oil when I want a very light oil, Hoppes, gunslick grease, and some green grease that I borrowed form work that we used on High speed dies. also have Remington dry teflon lube for places where wet is a problem.
I honestly never had any issue with any lube I used on firearms

Bawanna
03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
I too have tried several oils, greases, lubes.
I think the important thing is to lube or relube when needed more so than type or brand.

Some last longer than others. Show your gun some love now and then and it'll always take care of you when you need it.

Popeye
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I simply can not go down this road again. So I'll keep it short and to the point...........No. ;)

Rubb
03-12-2013, 03:29 PM
I simply can not go down this road again. So I'll keep it short and to the point...........No. ;)

I’ll plus one that...no more lube debates for me, thanks ;)

Raulf
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
FL is working fine in my CM9, Springfield Armory XD tactical and all Kimber's, great product.

GROTMAN
03-12-2013, 05:03 PM
I think its not so much what you use as much as how you put it on that counts..:)
http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/UqFgVhN2.gif (http://uberhumor.com/ive-been-watching-this-for-10-minutes-already)

Shark1007
03-17-2013, 05:22 PM
I use it on everything and am very pleased.

jocko
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
grotman says it well, or should I say shows it well. end of story. I read so much of this lube stuff, that i am convinced now to just run it fokkig dry and to hell with reliability. At my age, the nly thing certain for me is that I was here YESTERDAY. Just sayin