PDA

View Full Version : you too can be part of the trendy elite...

Lentevan
03-11-2013, 07:53 AM
http://style.time.com/2013/01/29/jewelry-designer-jessica-mindich-fighting-gun-violence-with-bracelets/

I wonder if they use the polymer to make a ring you can buy from shady stores to spice things up in the bedroom...

Longitude Zero
03-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Can't blame a gal for turning a legal buck.

Lentevan
03-11-2013, 08:53 AM
No you're right, that is entrepreneurial but I wish everyone would stop this ride, I want to get off.

Something just came to me, that's a new way for the criminals to know who's not packing for sure. just like a med-alert bracelet except it screams I have no guns in my possession in anyway instead of screaming I need special attention while unconscious and can't say it myself.

downtownv
03-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Blood money profiting from illegal guns

muggsy
03-12-2013, 05:34 AM
For the discriminating individual who has more money than brains.

JohnR
03-12-2013, 06:44 AM
If you go to the website, those are expensive baubles. To be able to donate $20k to the police department (they really take donations? Why not just get Federal funds and surplus military gear?), she would have to have sold a whole pantload of those things. I suspect most of that 20k was her own money, or laundered Soros money. Imagine having a little starving-artist jewelry business - you'll never get rich off of it. You'd need to have a rich husband to pay the mortgage, etc. Having a spare $20,000 lying around stretches credibility. Unless she sells real jewelry for a living and this is a side business.

If she sold 1,142 of the cheap ones ($175 each) and grossed $200,000, I could see skimming 10% of that for a charitable donation, but it wouldn't be tax deductible unless the PD has some kind of registered charity, like the Police Athletic League or something. I'd be surprised if she sold that many units without spending half her gross on promotions and advertising. Or unless some rich activist bought all 1,142 of them.

Popeye
03-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Blood money profiting from illegal guns

So what your insinuating is if granny turns in her dead husbands gun to make a few needed bucks from a gun buy back program it's automatically and illegal gun. I'm sure not every gun turned in is an illegal gun. All I can say is WOW.

Armybrat
03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Speaking of gun jewelry:

http://www.bulletforge.com/expensive.php

Lentevan
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Now that's a gun oriented price of jewellery I can support armybrat. They do something similar up here with spent .22 casings from the biathlons we have all over up here.

Planedude
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Is it any wonder why Time, Newsweek and other weekly "news rags" are dying off? I would'nt pay a dime to read this pandering keeerap.

Remember when the news was just reported. Today's news is (A) a political weapon or (B) outright entertainment... Yesh!

TheTman
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
I was listening to a liberal talk show yesterday (I like to see what they are up too from time to time) and about drove off the road when the host commented that they couldn't get any real news from the "conservative" controlled Mainstream Media. He wasn't talking about Fox News, it was the ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and other networks they were complaining about. I thought surely he was joking, but they talked about it for a few minutes like they really believed it.

Jeremiah/Az
03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Before I retired, I worked a bunch,usually about 60, of men in construction. One of them, an ex drug dealer, told me the buy back gun program was the best thing that ever happened for the druggies & thieves. Any POS gun they had stolen could be sold to the buy back program when no one else would buy it. No questions asked!:rolleyes: