PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon Sights - slight change

RWillieK
03-12-2013, 04:25 AM
Hello all - I just got my Trijicon sights in (after a two and a half month back-order), and I see one slight change - the little phillips head screw is no longer phillips head - its a tiny torx...now I've gotta go find a set of torx that small!

Hope to get the new sights installed soon (I'll do the front, gunsmith doing the rear).

RWillieK

RWillieK
03-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Anyone by chance know what size the Torx screw is?

07Dually
03-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I just received a set of Trijicons also.
Correction: It is a T5.5 torx bit for the front sight screw.

Charlie:Amflag2:

NRA Patron Life Member

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

RWillieK
03-14-2013, 03:45 PM
I believe it was a T5 I used - ended up having to file a good bit of the a few head off for clearance.

07Dually
03-15-2013, 12:57 PM
I just installed the front Trijicon sight and the Torx bit size for the screw is a T5.5. There was plenty of clearance between the screw and the barrel.

Charlie :Amflag2:

NRA Patron Life Member

ballistic_ken
03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
I used a T6.

But now I can't get the slide back on, goes on about 2/3rds then stops. Help.:eek:

RWillieK
03-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I had the same problem - grind the screw down more....it's a clearance problem.

The sharp point part of the feed ramp is hitting the plastic block in front of the trigger pivot.

07Dually
03-19-2013, 07:10 PM
The screw in the front sight is probably sticking up too high and hitting the barrel.

Post #27 here http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1612&page=3
has info and pictures for installing front sight.

Charlie :Amflag2:

NRA Patron Life Member

ballistic_ken
03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
That was it, hate taking a dremel to a gun:eek:, but it did the trick.

Thanks so much!:)

RWillieK
03-19-2013, 07:57 PM
I had to do the same thing Ken!

lamppa
03-19-2013, 08:05 PM
nice, they give you the parts needed to do the job, but they dont work.
thanks alot. grinding to make it work it unacceptable IMO. the kit should have been install and done.

ballistic_ken
03-19-2013, 08:15 PM
thanks alot. grinding to make it work it unacceptable IMO. the kit should have been install and done.

Only thing that bugs me is the instructions didn't say anything about grinding down the screw.

lamppa
03-19-2013, 08:19 PM
thats my point.

Glock23
03-19-2013, 08:42 PM
I just put these on my CM40 (just the front sight so far, as my sight pusher still isn't here), and I had no problems at all... one of the tiniest screws I've ever had to work with, and had plenty of clearance.

--Bionic - Tapatalk 2--

gb6491
03-19-2013, 09:03 PM

I just put these on my CM40 (just the front sight so far, as my sight pusher still isn't here), and I had no problems at all... one of the tiniest screws I've ever had to work with, and had plenty of clearance.

--Bionic - Tapatalk 2--
The Trijicons always had enough clearance on CW45's. Older 9mm and 40S&W slides might some need fitting as the sight post holes were only countersunk enough for the plastic posts. More recent 9s and 40s have a better countersink on the sight holes and the Trijicons should fit fine (as Glock23 stated above).
The issue and an alternative to filing the screw:
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=90890&postcount=63
http://www.kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=54961&postcount=27

Regards,
Greg

LiveEasyDieHard
04-09-2013, 09:58 PM
I just finished dealing with the same problem, installing the Trijicon front sight on a CW9. The screw head stuck out too much keeping the barrel from locking into the slide correctly. Had to smooth it down with the dremel.
I see everyone here says they come with the torx screw, I saw a few vids on youtube where they mentioned it had a philips head screw. I originally thought it came with only the torx screw... after I went to the store to BUY(#*@$%!):mad: a torx set small enough and installed everything, I found a tiny philips screw in the carpet right where I opened the box at. Its exactly the same size as the torx except different head. I guess it fell out of the box? The torx was screwed into the sight so I assume the philips was loose in the box.

clayburgh
04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Just wondering when you ordered the sight, and when you got it. I ordered mine on 2/27, but is still on back-order. Rear came quick, but front seems to be harder to get. I am putting them on a CW 40. Thanks for any input.

Don

LiveEasyDieHard
04-11-2013, 05:26 PM
I ordered the NEW(2013) trijicon front sight on 3/30 from Kahr and was delivered on 4/9. I ordered on a sun. and they shipped it the next day monday. For what its worth, I only bought the front sight by itself nothing else.

clayburgh
04-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Well,
After an e-mail to Kahr, I received my front sight today. It came with the small phillips screw, and not the torx screw. Installation was very easy, and took less than 5 minutes. The fit was excellent, with no grinding or other fitting required. Overall, I am impressed.

Don