PDA

View Full Version : I need a keeper

DeaconKC
03-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Okay, 2 weeks before Sandy Hook, I picked up an AR lower on sale just to bum around and build one. Needless to say the panic made it a chore to finish off the lower, but I finally got it done. Now I'm in the process of waiting for a back ordered upper to come in [supposedly next month] and have been getting the odds and ends together as they come available. Picked up a Magpul fore end, red dot sight, etc but needed some back up sights for it. Found a set of Magpul sights on ebay and won them for $20! Then I found out this set is made for an airsoft gun and the front sight won't stand up to the heat from a gas block. Oh well, I've wasted $20 before on a bad meal, so I can live with it. So back to looking for back up sights again. Found another set on ebay that listed for rifle, GREAT, go ahead and bid, win them for $22, then when I'm reading the fine print, guess what I missed? Yup, I bought a second set that is made for the airsofts........

[thumping sound is Deke beating head on wall]

Bawanna
03-15-2013, 12:08 PM
I think the magpul sights are good. I think the problem is ebay?

Might want to look into an airsoft "rifle" too, you got some parts for it.

Alfonse
03-15-2013, 12:16 PM

That's funny!

DeaconKC
03-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I already know what the term BOHICA means, thank you very much........ :)

JustinN
03-15-2013, 01:31 PM
It really depends on what you got. The Magpul MOE Sites are good sites. The only thing about the front site is you can't mount it on the gas block. If you stick it on a rail, it's fine. They're durable and hold their zero.

If they are magpul copies you are talking entirely different, but if they are factory Magpul MOEs at least the rear will be fine, if you can't find anywhere to mount the front.

Bawanna
03-15-2013, 02:00 PM
I already know what the term BOHICA means, thank you very much........ :)

I'll have to look it up. BOHICA, sounds like an indian name. I feel so dumb sometimes.

muggsy
03-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

BEARDOG
03-15-2013, 02:22 PM

http://instantrimshot.com/... He will be performing here all week :D

Bawanna
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

I'm gonna write that down, new one on me. Never heard that one before.

I was trying to offer a useful solution ya know?

Cyterio
03-15-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm a fan of the Matech BUIS. It can be found pretty easily for $60. Some people complain because it only offers the small aperture but I think its fine for most applications. Can't help with the front sight as I always use the standard A2.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

golfrj
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Damn, thought this post would be about something else with PIC's...

rhd04
03-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I have Yankee hill flip up sights on mine. Xs makes some worth checking out.

Salty
03-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Deacon - LMAO - I nearly did the same thing a couple months back on ebay. Damn nice looking magpull sites at 25% their usual price. Greedy guy I am I added them to my watch list and was drooling to get more of them. I looked at a couple more being offered and then read the specs and found what they are made of. Crap - I was only one click away from pulling the trigger. As my grandpop always said - if it looks too good there must be a problem. Have a great weekend.

Planedude
03-15-2013, 07:43 PM
You know, those sights are going to be alot more valuable when they ban Airsoft AR & AKs...

You'll be ahead of the rush again.

DeaconKC
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Yup, I will use the rear sight on the rail, maybe hold out for an upper with the built in sight. So who wants a good deal on some airsoft sights?