PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pictures

pilot172
03-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Can someone explain to me how to insert a picture in a post? The insert image icon wants a URL location. My pictures are on my hard drive. I don't have a URL location. I searched the FAQ's and it's not clear how to do it. One FAQ mentioned uploading pictures to your album in the user control panel. I did not find an album there. Why can't I just browse my hard drive for the location?

Bawanna
03-19-2013, 05:15 PM
You can't post pictures until you log 30 post. You CAN post links to photos from like photobucket and such.

You just copy the image code in photobucket and paste it in your post and presto slamajamma you have it.

I make it sound simple, it took me almost a year under Old Lincolns tuturidge to learn how to do it, course he didn't teach me how to spell tuturidge, tutelige, tutelidge, well you get it regardless right?

JFootin
03-19-2013, 07:00 PM
You don't have to wait 'til 30 posts. Open an account and upload your pics to Photobucket.com (http://s1230.photobucket.com/). The way I post pics is upload them to Photobucket, click on the image, select the Direct Link on the right, come over here to the Post Edit Window, select the Picture Icon (http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Misc/PictureIcon.jpg), paste the link in there and hit Enter. If I am pulling a picture from some other website, I Right Click it and select Copy Image Location, then post the same way.

lamppa
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
FYI, photobucket blows.
flikr
is waaaay better.

t2ohio
03-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks, I was having same issues!

sent from from Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

t2ohio
03-19-2013, 09:14 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/20/yraqaza7.jpg

Interesting! Using tapatalk I can post them from my phone pretty easy. Most all my pictures are on my phone anyways. If you use your phone much, buy the tapatalk app. It works well and many other forums are available too!

sent from from Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

lamppa
03-19-2013, 09:15 PM
I have never purchased any app, ever. I refuse.

Bawanna
03-22-2013, 09:32 AM
I only use mine for texting. Being near deaf as a stump it's a good deal for me. My kids show me all kinds of magical stuff it does that I never knew. They put a car driving game on it that provides entertainment from time to time when time allows.

I have looked at the forum when the computers were down at work and I needed my Kahrtalk fix. I don't have tapatalk or any stuff like that that I know of.

I will check out flikkr, they just changed photobucket around and I'm don't handle change real well. Took me a long time to figure out how to work it, so not sure I'm up for a new learning experience either but I'll take a look.

JFootin
03-22-2013, 11:57 AM
I was very upset with Photobucket after the forced changeover, but they have been working hard to answer user complaints and add missing functionality back. The only thing still missing is the slideshow view, but they are working on it.

t2ohio
03-22-2013, 05:31 PM
I never used to buy apps either. But then again we will buy a pack of gum and not think twice about spending the money, so why not get an app? I love it now. I used to squint at the full site on my phone. But no longer with tap a talk. Great app. Actually, there are a TON of people on this forum who are on line using tap a talk. I'd say 80% from what I looked at the other night who were on line.

sent from Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

Glock23
03-22-2013, 06:18 PM
I have no problem buying apps. If it's a useful app, then the developer who put in the time to make it deserves to get paid.

The apps I won't pay for are the ones which are the exact same app as the free version, but you pay to remove the ads. I'll pay for additional functionality, but not to remove ads.

--Bionic - Tapatalk 2--

lamppa
03-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Ditto, or rented a movie. My cell phone is for calling people and talking to them.

what I meant was, I have lots of apps but I only get the free ones. I have a very recent droid.

JimC
03-24-2013, 05:19 AM
I was very upset with Photobucket after the forced changeover, but they have been working hard to answer user complaints and add missing functionality back. The only thing still missing is the slideshow view, but they are working on it.

And the new version seems to run better or faster if you will.
Initially I didn't like the switch but I sat down one day and worked with it until I felt comfortable. I like it but will like it better when the slideshow feature is up and running.

JFootin
03-24-2013, 09:39 AM
A nice new feature is the free automatic photo backup app that you can install on your computer. You specify the folders, such as My Pictures and Wallpaper, that you want backed up. (It will include all subfolders.) It takes a few hours to do the initial upload. Then, it runs in background and uploads any new or modified photo.