PDA

View Full Version : CM9 Trijicon front sight install

brett_f
03-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Hey all,

Well I installed the front Trijicon sight on my CM9 tonight. I was one of the unlucky ones that ended up needing to grind the screw down. I just didn't feel confident enough to try to countersink the hole like GB did.

The sight looks great and a function check on the gun passes with flying colors. I'll get to the range this weekend I hope.

One note: I sure hope I don't ever need/want to take that sight off... there's no way I could get it off based on how much of the screw had to be smoothed off. I suppose a competent gunsmith could do it for me if I really needed it. Then again, a gunsmith could have counter-sunk the hole too :eek:

Ahh well.. I really don't think it'll ever need to come off anyway. Are those famous last words??:rolleyes:

brett_f
04-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Because I got zero responses after 116 views, I'm nervous. You guys have freaked me out!!! LOL.

Did I make a mistake by grinding down the screw for the sight? I know that I made the install pretty permanent by doing it, but is that really bad?

Signed,
Worried in Texas :)

Glock23
04-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Nope... your choices were to either grind down the screw or permanently altering your slide by countersinking it to allow the extra clearance.

Mine was a perfect fit, but if needed, I would've done the same.

--Bionic - Tapatalk 2--

gb6491
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM

Did I make a mistake by grinding down the screw for the sight? I know that I made the install pretty permanent by doing it, but is that really bad?

Signed,
Worried in Texas :)
Considering that the OEM sight is held on with tiny bits of melted plastic post, I would think that, if there is enough screw head left to fill the existing countersink in the slide, you're good to go (especially if you used thread sealer in both post holes).
Regards,
Greg

brett_f
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks Greg.

I did in fact use the red thread sealer that came with the sight in both post holes. Seems to be plenty of screw head left, although like I said I'm not sure how I would ever get it back off again.

Here is a pic for reference:
http://i.imgur.com/gZ3ym0M.jpg