PDA

View Full Version : Good for Beretta!

DeaconKC
04-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Looks like Beretta is leaving Maryland due to their gun laws. Good for them!

GROTMAN
04-05-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm guessing they must be pretty strict..
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/392971_480005468735750_1694877753_n.jpg

jocko
04-05-2013, 05:51 PM
now that would be a big score.

love the blackboard thing grotman..

ltxi
04-05-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm guessing they must be pretty strict..
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/392971_480005468735750_1694877753_n.jpg

With the exception of PA all eastern states south of ME/VT/NH until VA totally suck.

jocko
04-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Looks like Beretta is leaving Maryland due to their gun laws. Good for them!

did u read that at??? Sure hope they don't go to ur god forbidden fokking state of Illinois. home of 3 past indicted govoners and umerous politicians.:amflag:

we are gun friendly in Indiana, bring it on Beretta. while ur moving tie a tow chain to Kahr and a few utters in that area and come to a friendly gun state,.

We just passed a law to be a IndiaNA citizen for illegals. they have to be able to strip a car in 30 minutes. do a complete body shop repair including paint in 1 hour, be able to detail a Shirely Davidson in 1 hour and during their 15 minute break, MOW GRASS.:amflag:

muggsy
04-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Has anyone else noticed that every state and major city that is in trouble are blue states and cities and that the states and cities that are doing well are red states and cities. The things that make you want to go hmmmm.

ripley16
04-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Where did u read that at???

It's on the local news stations around D.C. Beretta said they won't comment until after the Governor signs the laws into effect. I'm hoping they'll do what they did last time Maryland pissed them off and come here to Fredericksburg, Virginia. I wonder LWRC will follow?

TheTman
04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Show me a large city with liberals in control, and I'll show you a rusting hulk in a few years. Run the businesses out with high taxes and high labor costs, and the tax base moves away, leaving you with the gimmee's and takers. It takes people that actually pay taxes to keep a government functioning, unless you have control of the printing presses so they can print worthless money. This tax the rich only goes so far, then they move to friendlier places. It seems this cycle is repeated over and over, as a city fills up with the gimmees and takers, the taxpayers and large business move on as they are taxed more and more to pay for the lowlifes, until they move on and leave the crime ridden cities to the gang bangers and other lowlifes.

I'd like to see ALL the gun manufacturers, on the east coast move to friendlier ground out in the Midwest. To hell with those states that want to regulate them out of business, why stay? For example Wichita has thousands of highly trained machinists looking for work since most of Boeing either left or sold it's plants to Spirit. I'm sure many other Midwest cities are in the same boat.

O'Dell
04-06-2013, 12:11 AM
did u read that at??? Sure hope they don't go to ur god forbidden fokking state of Illinois. home of 3 past indicted govoners and umerous politicians.:amflag:

we are gun friendly in Indiana, bring it on Beretta. while ur moving tie a tow chain to Kahr and a few utters in that area and come to a friendly gun state,.

We just passed a law to be a IndiaNA citizen for illegals. they have to be able to strip a car in 30 minutes. do a complete body shop repair including paint in 1 hour, be able to detail a Shirely Davidson in 1 hour and during their 15 minute break, MOW GRASS.:amflag:

Nope, they'll come to Georgia and join HK and Glock.

jeepster09
04-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Good....hope Beretta moves! I have become addicted to them....now i'm needing a "Alleycat". :cool:

On the left: 96A1 40 caliber on the right: 8045 Cougar 45acp.

ripley16
04-06-2013, 09:52 AM
In celebration of a potential Beretta move out of the PDR of M, I went out this morning and bought a Beretta 70S in .22lr. I'd probably have bought the gun anyway, but it's special to me now... in some odd way.

RRP
04-06-2013, 09:53 AM
In celebration od a potential Beretta move out of the PDR of M, I went out this morning and bought a Beretta 70S in .22lr. I'd probably have bought the gun anyway, but it's special to me now... in some odd way.

....and I bought a CX4

mr surveyor
04-06-2013, 11:17 AM
....and I bought a CX4

nice gun for the intended purpose. I had one and really enjoyed it as long as I could afford to "feed" it. The stock trigger sucks, but can now be remedied with a custom drop in, as can the plastic buffer. Cool little rifle.

RRP
04-06-2013, 11:26 AM
The stock trigger sucks, but can now be remedied with a custom drop in, as can the plastic buffer. Cool little rifle.

What trigger group do you recommend as a replacement?

ripley16
04-06-2013, 11:33 AM
....and I bought a CX4

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Rifles/stormsight001.jpg

Very neat carbine. Bought this one a while back. Came with a handful of mags, 1000 rounds of ammo and the carry case. Paid a little over $400. Not a deal I'm likely to see these days. :(

Enjoy yours. Dismantle per instructions or risk abusing the buffer. Some folks buy a second charging handle to make it ambidexterous. A nice feature I think.

jeepster09
04-06-2013, 12:07 PM
In celebration of a potential Beretta move out of the PDR of M, I went out this morning and bought a Beretta 70S in .22lr. I'd probably have bought the gun anyway, but it's special to me now... in some odd way.

I have been fondiling a 70s in .380........not sure.....hard to get mags etc?

ripley16
04-06-2013, 12:46 PM
I have been fondiling a 70s in .380........not sure.....hard to get mags etc?

Mags are available (I have a site name if you need), but a little pricey.

jocko
04-06-2013, 02:59 PM
what u recent Beretta buyers need to do is to email beretta and let them know why u just bought one of their fine guns. Give them some insight that their decision to move to friendly territory (Indiana)_ is welcomed by all..

Virginia is just to far east yet for a gun company to be comforatable. They defiitely need to get into the midewest where we are not only friendly but labor friendly to. We have Right to work law in Indiana..

mr surveyor
04-06-2013, 03:08 PM
What trigger group do you recommend as a replacement?

I don't remember the fellow's name/handle, but a guy on the Beretta Forum, several years ago, built a trigger system (metal) and buffer for the CX4. It was successful enough at the time, Brownell's picked it up for their catalogue. I never got around to buying either, but the guys on the Beretta Forum were all raving about it. If I'm not mistaken it was also adjustable, and eliminated most of the typical trigger creep.

Are you considering optics? I had an ATN red dot "screen" on mine, and at 50 yards it was always "pie plate accuracy" (plenty good for my needs).

RRP
04-06-2013, 03:25 PM
I don't remember the fellow's name/handle, but a guy on the Beretta Forum, several years ago, built a trigger system (metal) and buffer for the CX4.

Sierra Papa?

mr surveyor
04-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Sierra Papa?

that rings a bell:)

downtownv
04-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I hope everyone in the Gun Business does the same thing to their home state if that state demonstrates its "ANTI- Gun/2nd Amendment!"

DeaconKC
04-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Yup, Illinois has already lost some and it wouldn't surprise me if more leave.