PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show funny business

Kahrdriver64
04-08-2013, 06:33 AM
I happened across a SS K9 at a gunshow this weekend. The dealer had it in a glass case so I asked to give it a look. Of course I get the usual "It's only had 50 rounds through it". As I take it from him I noticed the rubber grips were nearly worn smooth. So I'm thinking, "this may be a nice broken in piece". So I dry fire it, and the trigger take up had about 3/8" slack before the cam picked up the striker - I've never felt that before in a Kahr. As I finished firing it, the trigger finished at the back of the trigger guard like one of the old pre "elite" series triggers from the '90's.

Yup, only 50 rounds he says.;)

I've never held a Kahr with that much wear on it.

downtownv
04-08-2013, 08:18 AM
You need to hold Jocko's 32,000 rounder!

MikeyKahr
04-08-2013, 08:55 AM
:eek:

jocko
04-08-2013, 11:27 AM
I happened across a SS K9 at a gunshow this weekend. The dealer had it in a glass case so I asked to give it a look. Of course I get the usual "It's only had 50 rounds through it". As I take it from him I noticed the rubber grips were nearly worn smooth. So I'm thinking, "this may be a nice broken in piece". So I dry fire it, and the trigger take up had about 3/8" slack before the cam picked up the striker - I've never felt that before in a Kahr. As I finished firing it, the trigger finished at the back of the trigger guard like one of the old pre "elite" series triggers from the '90's.

Yup, only 50 rounds he says.;)

I've never held a Kahr with that much wear on it.

u can't tell 50 rounds or 5000 rounds. But oe can tell and see ABUSE, which is two different things what u felt was certainly not wear but certainly sumpin wqrong with the gun itself. It could very well have been just one dirtyt/gummed up m-fokker. The rubber grips tells me this is an older model K9 to as they hav enot made the rubber grips for quite a few years. U did the right thig in passin on it but I would not prejudge the gun as I have never seen a worn out kahr yet and the trigger system simply cannot change, other than get smooter from usage but not wear. No doubt the seller had no clue either.

Kahrdriver64
04-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Hey Jocko, yup, I was already figuring about $90 in new grips and trigger parts. But the clown wanted $550 for it. I offered $400. If there had been room in it for a refurb, I would have snatched it.