PDA

View Full Version : We lost a couple of memorable Ladies today.

wyntrout
04-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Lady Thatcher... the Iron Lady, and Annette Funicello... former Mouseketeer pioneer... passed away today.

Lady Thatcher was one of the greatest female politicians ever and truly was the Iron Lady, though Soviet TASS coined that nickname as a derogatory term, it was picked up by the free world as a suitable monicker. She was a truly courageous leader and great friend of the U.S.A.

Annette, longtime MS sufferer, was one of the first Mouseketeers and I remember being enthralled by her while watching my grandparents black and white TV in the 50's.

Both ladies suffered debilitating diseases and I hope that they R.I.P.

Wynn:)

O'Dell
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
And which one will you most miss. I wasn't really an Annette fan so for me, it's Lady Thatcher. BTW, I heard today that the title "Iron Lady" was given by Pravda, and at the time it was NOT a compliment. As far as I'm concerned it is a compliment and it fit her well. What would you give to have her and President Reagan back in charge?

Bawanna
04-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Definitely Annette for me, I think I was infatuated with her. I loved all the Disney stuff.

wyntrout
04-08-2013, 02:29 PM
It would be great if Lady Thatcher and President Reagan were in their prime and the present heads of their respective countries!

FOX Radio news said something about TASS instead of Pravda, but yes, the original moniker was coined not in respect, but meant in a derogatory manner.

Annette was one of the earlier memories of TV in my youth. I liked her and Darlene and Sharon and Karen... the girls, but there was just something about Annette... and it wasn't her overabundant bosom a few years later.:rolleyes:

Wynn:D

jocko
04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
I loved annette, she had really nice boobs at that age even, and of coursed we were the same age, so she as specialto me. A clean cut gal also, which today is so hard to find.She was easy on the eyes, dressed modestly.She made the mousklewteers what it was. I think Jimmy though was nailing her back then to. that was the word anyhow.. She loved Harley Riders to..

TheIron lady was atrue leader, She ruled GB when it had big time issues and her and Reagan were great friends to. she could straighten ou tthi cuntry in a heartbeat to. I certainly hope the obummerkeeps his fokking ass out of that cuntry and letthem bury her with dignity and not have that p[r!ck try to steal any of her deserved thunder. and best yet keep motor mouth JOE home to..

deadeye
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Annette and I were also the same age. Damn. It seems almost like yesterday she and Frankie were on the beach.
Ronald Regan and Lady Thatcher back in office. What a dream it would be. We'll never see those days again. Seeing Ovomit using the Sandy Hook parents grief to further is ambitions makes me sick. What a comparison between him and them. I'm sorry I did it.

jocko
04-08-2013, 04:29 PM
I read byack in annette disney days they were paid $250 a week and had strick hours to and strict moral rules to. Not so today.. Course that a large part of Walts life to. My wife and I went there last year for 7 days to Disney world and I muyst say thatwas the cleanest place I have ever been to. . With the tens of thousands of people there a day, there just was no litter, no gum anywhere, no gum ball machines either...

muggsy
04-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Both were winners whether your talking elections, or erections. Annette was my favorite Mousketeer and Lady Thatcher my favorite Musketeer. Loved 'em both.

ltxi
04-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Definitely Annette for me, I think I was infatuated with her......

Awww, yeah. Me, too. Now I no longer have anything to live for.

'Cept Valerie Bertinelli.

wyntrout
04-08-2013, 06:40 PM
I still have my TAXES... and my latest toys... but those danged taxes need doing!:(

steve666
04-09-2013, 05:15 AM
I'm from the generation where all of the boys had a crush on Annette! We all wanted girlfriends who were just like her.

Barth
04-09-2013, 05:25 AM
Annette???
Guess I'm a little younger than you guys?
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/93/dfff3ea07fcc43908d1a6765a4601868/l.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AyjEqkUJUUw/USu74mN3EGI/AAAAAAAAJUc/FVbmGi4sm24/s400/locklear_l.jpghttp://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/photolib/people/Phoebe%20Cates%20(PD).jpg

jocko
04-09-2013, 05:33 AM
oh my yes, she was just a beautiful woman..

yqtszhj
04-09-2013, 06:55 AM
I still have my TAXES... and my latest toys... but those danged taxes need doing!:(

I was pissed about work this morning, was feeling better after reading a bit on Kahrtalk, then someone mentioned TAXES :32: :32: :32:

This years puny pay raise was all eaten up by TAXES!!!

Barth
04-09-2013, 07:08 AM
I was pissed about work this morning, was feeling better after reading a bit on Kahrtalk, then someone mentioned TAXES :32: :32: :32:

This years puny pay raise was all eaten up by TAXES!!!

Florida, one of the last free zones,
is also one of the few places remaining without a state income tax.

Back before I escaped to Florida I lived behind the Iron Curtain in Kalifonia.
One year my annual raise pushed me into the next tax bracket.
And I actually took home less money.

Bawanna
04-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Awww, yeah. Me, too. Now I no longer have anything to live for.

'Cept Valerie Bertinelli.

Aw man, me too, think we're twins. I was sick when she married that pathetic loser Kid Rock or whatever he's called.

Sage
04-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Annette was the Baby Boomer generations first sweetheart.

JFootin
04-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Annette, Suzanne and Valerie definitely got my heart going pittypat! But the all time most beautiful woman in the world, ever, has to be Donna Dixon! I used to just drool watching her parading around in a negligee on the Bosom Buddies sitcom! And I envy Dan Aykroyd because he put a wedding ring on her a long time ago! Not only her looks, but her sultry voice and presence are extraordinary. She starred with Dan in some comedy movies such as "Doctor Detroit", and with Dan and Walter Matthau in the memorable "Couch Trip". Here is a pic of her from "Wayne's World".

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/donna_dixon/donna_dixon_waynes_world_Fx74jlI.sized.jpg

G51wGmopuu0

wyntrout
04-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Wow! Any topic can really stray. What happened to recognizing the loss of two memorable Ladies?

jocko
04-09-2013, 11:28 AM
i HAVEN'T FORGOT THEM BUT ALSO NICE TO go back in the past somewhat to.

muggsy
04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Those who live in the past are doomed to repeat it, or something like that. :)

Bawanna
04-09-2013, 02:02 PM
If I can repeat it with Alyssa Milano or Heather Locklear I'm ok with that.

No disrespect to my cyber wives you understand.

O'Dell
04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
In the late fifties I was too busy with real girlfriends to worry about make believe ones on TV. However, in the sixties when Emma Peel, Diana Rigg, made an appearance, I'll admit I was tempted. I still have a boxed set of DVD's of every Avengers show she was in. Seventeen DVD's with six shows per disc.

Taxes were a real problem for me this year. I always file early and this year I did them on Monday, February 4th, and filed the returns. I had very carefully checked all my 1099's, all fifteen of them, and my one W-2 to make sure I had everything accounted for. Then the next day a totally unexpected W-2 floated in. I had forgotten that I was on disability insurance a year earlier when I had the shoulder surgery. I had to file an amended return for the first time and that was a real pain.

jocko
04-09-2013, 04:18 PM
ur prison cell number is PM9. The forum will keep u posted.

7shot
04-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Both were great people in there on respective ways throughout the world. And will be surly missed by many.