PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr owner question

greygt
04-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi,
A week ago yesterday I bought a new CM40. This past wed. I took it out to go through the break in period. On the 6th loading of the 5 shot mag I noticed the bottom half of the follower was gone.:eek: Is this just a freak thing with these guns? Or is it something I have to watch for/expect to happen again. :confused: I have a new follower coming from Kahr. I just would like to know if I should pick up a few more? Except for this problem I love the gun. The 6 shot mag I bought the day I got the gun worked perfectly. Was really surprised the recoil was as light as it was even shooting 135 and 140 grain corbons in it. I guess the gun mags were right this time. LOL

Thanks

kerby9mm
04-20-2013, 04:14 PM
If you research posts you will see that this is a common problem and usually I believe Kahr requires the gun back to fix the problem. I'm not 100% sure but I think its because the follower is hitting the feedramp.

ParabellumJ
04-20-2013, 10:17 PM
If you research posts you will see that this is a common problem and usually I believe Kahr requires the gun back to fix the problem. I'm not 100% sure but I think its because the follower is hitting the feedramp.

+1 on that. Kahr needs to take a little off the feed ramp. It happened in my PM9 and they fixed it. Seems more common with the 40's.