PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Banner at Top of Site

RedRyder
04-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Maybe it's just me and my connection but that changing banner at top makes it SOOOO SLOW to load every page. Last nite, I timed 8 pages and it took between 30 to 45 seconds to load that banner. I know we need the sponsorships but any way to disable after the first couple of times thru? It's really frustrating to have to load that each page.

Could it be separated from the forum portion of the site itself and perhaps just load it once and it stayed at top in it's ever changing mode???

Probably is because I only have a 1.5Mbit connection that it is so slow at times. Any help would be appreciated since I love the site, just hate to have to endure that banner load for every page.

Thanks for listening.

:(

RRP
04-22-2013, 10:56 AM
AdBlock works for me.

Bawanna
04-22-2013, 10:57 AM
I use ad bloc on Firefox and it's worked very well, no banners until yesterday. Then suddenly the banners were back. This is at home. Here at work everything still works fine.
I supposedly installed a new version and after a half hour of my life that I'll never get back it makes the banners go away but they pop up and then go away so takes nearly as long as it did with the banners.

I hate it when they try to make things better and only screw up simple folks like me.

I notice the same thing on Photo Bucket, used to work perfectly until they forced the upgrade on us, now nothing but heartache.

muggsy
04-22-2013, 11:41 AM
What's your hurry? I come here to relax. :)

MW surveyor
04-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Adblock on firefox has been working for me.

Course last time I said something good about Firefox, I got caught in the dreaded "not enough words" debacle.

RedRyder
04-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I use a Mac and so I went back to Firefox from Google Chrome and changed settings. It still brings up the block at top without the graphics so it's some faster. Thanks guys, I'll keep working on it for answers.

JFootin
04-22-2013, 04:09 PM
I am using the latest Firefox and AdBlock. Still no banners or slowness.

jocko
04-22-2013, 04:21 PM
hell my computer has been doing that banner sh!t if r over a monthg. I just figuredit was what it was. It is a waste of my valuable time for sure. Take careof this colonel.

Bawanna
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah right, Colonel in the geek squad.

Funny it works find and normal at work but it's messed up at home. That is what we commonly call a clue!

No IT dept at home.

RedRyder
04-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Ah. I have a solution. I have rarely used Safari, the Apple browser but I tried that and blocked ads and by cracky, it works. Guess I might have to try and get used to Safari for my Mac. THanks for making me try it guys.

micotu
04-22-2013, 05:51 PM
It's like ad banner technology from 10 years ago. This is literally the only site I know of that has ads that are that noticeably slow to load.

ltxi
04-22-2013, 06:43 PM
AdBlock works for me.

x2....what banner?

RRP
04-22-2013, 06:47 PM
x2....what banner?

Exactly!

Bawanna
04-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Yureka! I removed several ad block's I installed over the weekend and started over, now I'm back to normal. No banners, no frustration.
I figure like so many computer programs they were fighting with each other.
I'm relieved. It was a long weekend, I think it's Oscotchthirty.

BEARDOG
04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Halleluiah!!!
I have been annoyed for the last 3yrs with those dang slow loading ads at the top. I just figured everyone else was on real high speed service and didn't mind them. Figured my 3g wireless that I am stuck with here in the woods was the problem...Just installed adblock for Chrome and presto! No more ads!!! Thanks OP and Col B. I never even knew of such a "app"??? But I have it now, Thanks !