PDA

View Full Version : Very loose connection to guns but a connection all the same.

Lentevan
04-22-2013, 11:16 AM
I've been drawn to cigar box guitar blues for a while now and finally sat down one evening to see if i could pull one off. It's slide only but actually has a nice sound, only have about $25 into it. Other then the tuner pins and strings it's just a cigar box I picked up, an old worn piece of tongue and groove hard wood floor with the tongue and groove cut off and a couple bolts for the bridges (I had planned on using pieces of the tongue for the bridges but failed to plan ahead far enough to notice the box top was rather high). Last but not least I used my recently acquired Cobra CB9 9mm neatly tucked inside to tie this all in nicely to guns.

About the derringer, it's a fun little thing to shoot less then 10 rounds with. After that it starts to get a little uncomfortable. Can't hit the broadside of a barn with it so far due to the size, amount of grip, and very hard awkward trigger pull. Good thing i didn't buy it for anything more then a "hey looky what i got."

Lentevan
04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Excuse the horrible floor and naked sheetrock, I'm in the middle of a home remodel and the floors got pretty beat up from the lath and plaster demo and clean up.

muggsy
04-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Never apologize for the appearance of your home. Mine's a hovel. Nice Job.

Bawanna
04-22-2013, 11:54 AM
There's something about nekkid sheet rock that appeals to me. Perhaps a trip down memory lane from me old construction days when I was a little taller.

I enjoyed hanging rock, hated taping it. And painting of course is one of my least favorite things.

Course down and dirty framing was high on my enjoyment list.

What does the cigar box accomplish if there isn't a hole to project the sound like a guitar. Was just thinking does a banjo have a hole, I don't think so.
I always wanted to learn to play banjo, played accordion for years in my youth. Don't tell anyone or I'll kill ya.

downtownv
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Hey, call it a blank canvas yet to complete your masterpiece!

MW surveyor
04-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Hows it sound?

Sheet rocking/taping is on my list of paying someone to do it. Hanging is not a problem though but taping/finishing you can have it.

JohnR
04-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Bawanna, if you played cajun accordion we'll forgive ya.

Bawanna
04-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Bawanna, if you played cajun accordion we'll forgive ya.

Who told ya I play accordion, give me a name. I told nobody to tell.

If it means forgiveness it definitely was cajun without a doubt.

JohnR
04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Who told ya I play accordion, give me a name. I told nobody to tell.

If it means forgiveness it definitely was cajun without a doubt.
Good answer. :cool: Your replacement man card will be overnighted to you.

Bawanna
04-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Good answer. :cool: Your replacement man card will be overnighted to you.

Thank you so much in advance. I have been feeling just a bit.......girly man?

Tinman507
04-22-2013, 03:35 PM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/db/db4cb2bd_funny-celebrity-pictures-ill-take-you-to-my-accordion-shop.jpeg

Bawanna
04-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Don't be hatin.

JFootin
04-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Two questions:

Don't you need a hole in the box for resonance?
Who has way too much time on his hands? LOL! :)

Tinman507
04-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Three questions:

Don't you need a hole in the box for resonance?
Who has way too much time on his hands? LOL! :)
What did Uncle B do with the money his mom gave him for accordion lessons?

Fixed it for ya.

jocko
04-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Don't be hatin.

I hate accordians to:amflag:

Lentevan
04-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Yes a hole for resonance is preferable but it was late, it sounded fine and the whisky was smooth so it got overlooked. I bought a couple of chrome tail pieces to cut down and use to trim the hole. As for too much time I have far too little bit wanted a break from my house and took a few hours to do this.

As for accordion lesson money I don't have answers for you.

AIRret
04-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey Bawanna, I play a banjo and no it doesn't need a hole to project it's sound. It's LOUD
enough (and more dangerous than a gun) without one!

Lentevan
04-22-2013, 07:19 PM
I want a banjo rather badly but I'm too cheap to cough up the cash. I suppose I can learn how to play slide guitar until I make enough to sell and buy a banjo. If you ever want to see a guy who knows his way around garbage guitars YouTube seasick steve.

AIRret
04-22-2013, 07:52 PM
I want a banjo rather badly but I'm too cheap to cough up the cash. I suppose I can learn how to play slide guitar until I make enough to sell and buy a banjo. If you ever want to see a guy who knows his way around garbage guitars YouTube seasick steve.

I have a love/ hate relationship with the banjo. I love it, it hates me.
It's a challenge but it is fun.

Lentevan
04-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Hahaha I know feeling with my guitar. Can't wait to find out how much this new one hates me as well, at least as far as I can tell it shouldn't be too hard to pick up, it's mostly playing by ear and all three strings are in tune with eachother so it shouldn't be too horrible sounding unlike fret buzzes and muted strings from sausage fingers... Plus no sore fingers from not playing fir a while.