PDA

View Full Version : New from WI

ignition
04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Looking in to a CM/PM9, so I figured I'd join up! Shot a CM9 at the range and really enjoyed it. Freakish tight groups for the first time shooting one... so trying to talk myself in to it. Guessing you guys might be able to help me with that.

yqtszhj
04-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. FYI, I responded to your other post.

JFootin
04-23-2013, 06:31 AM
Welcome to the forum, ignition! :) My CM9 is the heart of my carry rotation. The ideal concealed carry pistol, IMO.

It seems you are looking at both the PM and CM. IMO, if you want the black DLC (Diamond Like Coating) finish and/or factory night sights, go for the PM9. The difference in barrel rifling is a non factor. Sights used to be limited for the CM because of the post in front, but sights are now available for them from several makers. The internals of the guns are exactly the same: same parts, same quality. And the CM9 has had a very successful run since introduction with no recalls. It inherited that from the PM9 which has been refined and perfected for years. The CM9 has a normally rifled barrel, less machining on the outside of the slide, a pinned plastic front sight, a MIM instead of forged slide stop lever (never been a failure, so WTH) and comes with just one magazine. So, if you are fine with the brushed stainless finish and the standard sights, the CM9 will save you a lot of money and it is every bit a quality firearm.

Let us know what you decide to purchase and we'll link you up to lots of valuable information that will help ensure a satisfying ownership experience.

berettabone
05-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Welcome...................

RevRay
05-02-2013, 03:36 PM
One of the resident experts beat me to it ... so I'll just say, listen to JFootin, which does not in any way stand for anything to do with always puttin his footin his mouth ... just I case you were wondering. And if you weren't wondering ... Nevermind.

b4uqzme
05-02-2013, 08:27 PM
What JF said. Welcome.

Kong
05-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Welcome

JoeyG
05-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Welcome from IN! Go for it, you won't regret it. And if you do, Kahr's hold their value so you'd easily get your $$$ back.