PDA

View Full Version : Facebook beating

knash33
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Anybody see the beating Kahr is taking on Facebook regarding the picture of the guy and the dead porkupine taken with some large caliber Magnum Research revolver?

Planedude
04-23-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't do "Faceplant" but I figure they must be saying that "it's the guns fault..."

I'm guessing none of the folks flaming up the web at the doof that posted the photo have never actually had to live with a Porcupine in their own yards...

Paying the large Vet bill for quill removal from your beloved family dog might just give then a different perspective. Seems (from my distance from it) that Faceplant is all about the knee-jerk reaction you can't retract. Why play?

deadeye
04-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Facebook is nothing more than trouble looking for a place to happen. Which it does quite often.

Ol'coot
04-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Just say NO to Facebook! Not for me for sure!

knash33
04-24-2013, 06:20 AM
They didn't seem to be after the gun as much as they were the guy just killing for sport. It was on a Kahr sponsored facebook entry.
I agree. It's obvious that they don't live near porcupines bent on destruction.

yqtszhj
04-24-2013, 06:37 AM
I don't do facebook but guns are dangerous and the man had nothing to do with it. That's why they need to ban guns. They go off all by their self and hurt things. :rolleyes:

Longitude Zero
04-24-2013, 08:36 AM
In my neck of the woods porcupines are considered vermin just like feral hogs, skunks, armadillos, opossums etc. You do not need a reason or permit/license to blast'em.

Barth
04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
I don't do facebook but guns are dangerous and the man had nothing to do with it. That's why they need to ban guns. They go off all by their self and hurt things. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this fine gun had an assault feature added to it,
like a threaded barrel,
that turned anyone holding it into a homicidal maniac.

These evil objects will continue to infect and control good people
until we do something about them.

If we can save....

Ah crap I can't even finish typing this...

knkali
04-24-2013, 09:28 AM
met a divorce attorney the other day. I asked him how was business. He said it was good. I asked why given this economy. He said it is one word, "facebook". Seems old flames, and highschool crushes like to reconnect using FB.

Popeye
04-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Not a member of Facebook. Have absolutely no intentions of ever becoming a member. Seems to cause more problems then anything. Members are giving up way to much personal information.

knash33
04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
You can like or dislike Facebook as much as you want. It's a tool to be used or misused, pretty much like anything else.
My point is that I have no problem with anyone exercising varmint control. I do it myself.
What I am not sure about, and I don't do myself, is to flaunt what may appear to others as frivolous killing of animals.
I'm not sure whom has editorial control of Kahr's social media posts, but they may want to think about this some.

Tinman507
04-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Very simple solution to things you disagree with on Facebook. Unlike it if it bothers you. Why blast someone or some company? You disagree? Unlike, stop following.

yqtszhj
04-24-2013, 03:36 PM
I have to confess. I have an account under an alias. I have 2 friends. The wife and the daughter.

The daughter so I can see who's posting stuff to hers. I told her she could let me be her friend or her mom. I WON !!!

The wife so I could post gun pictures and anti-Obummer stuff on her page to pi$$ off her relatives in California. It's working too. :)

Other than that I don't know how it even works.

Oh, and I need no one from my past looking me up to be their friend. All my friends are on Kahrtalk. :D

Bawanna
04-24-2013, 03:57 PM
That kind of teared me up some.

I don't have a facebook account, wife and daughter do and they show me stuff from time to time, pictures of stuff etc.
I do agree I don't need my past looking for me, there are a few I wouldn't mind touching bases with but for the most part let the past lie undisturbed.

yqtszhj
04-24-2013, 04:17 PM
but for the most part let the past lie undisturbed.

This should be a sticky :D

JFootin
04-24-2013, 04:35 PM
I have a facebook account, but I use it mainly to keep track of family birthdays and events. I don't post anything much except an occasional encouraging reply to a friend/relative.

JimC
04-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Not a member of Facebook. Have absolutely no intentions of ever becoming a member. Seems to cause more problems then anything. Members are giving up way to much personal information.

^^^Exactly why I don't have anything to do with FB!^^^

ltxi
04-24-2013, 07:21 PM
What's Facebook. Is that anything like MySpace? Are there any pictures?

Bawanna
04-24-2013, 07:54 PM
It gets even uglier, I know what Facebook is, what the heck is MySpace?

TheTman
04-24-2013, 08:19 PM
MySpace is kind of like Facebook, only it seems to me more of a "I'm all that and bag of chips" type place to show off. You can post pictures, and song lists, and other stuff you are into. Kind of an It's "all about ME" type deal. Or at least that's what my impression of it is.

b4uqzme
04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
met a divorce attorney the other day. I asked him how was business. He said it was good. I asked why given this economy. He said it is one word, "facebook". Seems old flames, and highschool crushes like to reconnect using FB.

Not a member myself but I just got an account for the wife. Thanks for the tip knkali.

TucsonMTB
04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/936344_544116918973414_1851760984_n.jpg

Not sure what the big deal is, other than the fact that some people can't differentiate between destructive pests and their loveable pets.

Oh well . . . :rolleyes:

Kahr has deleted the bulk of the apparently tasteless comments "due to profanity" used by the posters. My mother always told me that profanity is usually used when someone's vocabulary was too limited to express a thought and is a sign of limited education and/or limited intelligence.

Admittedly, I get pretty stupid every time I hit my thumb with a hammer. :o

b4uqzme
04-24-2013, 09:48 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/936344_544116918973414_1851760984_n.jpg

Not sure what the big deal is, other than the fact that some people can't differentiate between destructive pests and their loveable pets.

Oh well . . . :rolleyes:

Kahr has deleted the bulk of the apparently tasteless comments "due to profanity" used by the posters. My mother always told me that profanity is usually used when someone's vocabulary was too limited to express a thought and is a sign of limited education and/or limited intelligence.

Admittedly, I get pretty stupid every time I hit my thumb with a hammer. :o

Before or after... You hit your thumb. ;)

TucsonMTB
04-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Before or after... You hit your thumb. ;)
Certainly, after. Arguably, before. http://home.mindspring.com/~justsomeguy/icon_lol.gif

knash33
04-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Tuscon,
You and I may not think that this photo is big deal. I'm pretty sure that you and I also know someone who may be offended by this. Some are offended by anything guns. We can't do anything about that.
Do we care that some otherwise middle ground person would see this and form a negative opinion about guns, shooters, hunters?

BTW, I was trained by experts in the proper use of swear words in the US Navy.

Bawanna
04-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Some are no doubt offended by pressure cookers now too. They cause violence in their Utopia. It's time to grow up, put down the bong and taste reality.

We live in a violent world and violence begets violence.

In simple terms it's ok to shoot people as long as the right people get shot and there are many deserving people right now.

HappyCamper
04-25-2013, 04:46 PM
I have a facebook account, but I use it mainly to keep track of family birthdays and events. I don't post anything much except an occasional encouraging reply to a friend/relative.
Yeah, pretty much here. I can keep up with the extended family and see pictures of the kids. I guess it's kind of like mass emailing so everybody see it. I just bought a vehicle and used it to converse with the salesman, but he is also a friend. I never post anything controversial more than what kind of chocolate I think is the best or something. I really don't like using my real name but kind of have to for friends to find you. AND pretty much anybody can search for anybody. I like the idea of an alias, like maybe my cat or one of my World of Warcraft characters. :p
I don't use it like the "kids" do but I find it handy.
As far as the controversy goes, there's always plenty of naysayers out there. And squirrels are good eating!

ltxi
04-25-2013, 04:57 PM
It gets even uglier, I know what Facebook is, what the heck is MySpace?

Facebook's daddy....:spider: