PDA

View Full Version : PM45 Range Report

kahrseye
04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Went to the range this morning and put 205 rounds thru the new baby. 200 WWB 230gr FMJ and 5 230gr HyraShoks. The gun performed flawlessly. Not 1 FTF or FTE. Yes Wyn, I did the gun prep prior to going to the range. I am very pleased with this gun. Everytime I pulled the trigger it went boom.....not bang....the PM9 goes bang.....PM45 goes BOOM.:86: The recoil is definitely larger than the PM9 but certainly manageable. The target on left was the last of the WWB and the 5 HS. All targets were 7 yards away. The HS's were very accurate. Love these guns.;) One more thing, it amazes me how small the PM45 is. It's only slightly larger than the PM9 and very carryable.

Bawanna
04-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Looks like another keeper to me. No hiccups, plenty accurate and a 45 to boot. What more could you possible ask for. I have to admit I'm just a tad bit jealous even though I know its a sin to covet another mans toys.:o

jlottmc
04-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Indeed a keeper that one is, and in 45... I love that caliber. And thank you for the boom/bang bit, so nice to see another BOOM aficionado around.

kahrseye
04-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Indeed a keeper that one is, and in 45... I love that caliber. And thank you for the boom/bang bit, so nice to see another BOOM aficionado around.

BOOM it is!:eek: I call it my hand cannon. I can't stop looking at them, they're just so gorgeous.

In-Yo-Grill
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Great report...Makes me want to get out and shoot my P45. If I could only afford the freekn' ammo. PM45 is at the top of my list of "must haves"...

kahrseye
04-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Looks like another keeper to me. No hiccups, plenty accurate and a 45 to boot. What more could you possible ask for. I have to admit I'm just a tad bit jealous even though I know its a sin to covet another mans toys.:o

No need to be jealous...good things come to those who wait..

wyntrout
04-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Kahrseye, I'm so happy for you. I knew you would like the "BOOMER", too. That's what I keep saying, though, that if I can carry the PM9, I can carry the PM45! Why SETTLE for a 9mm, when you can carry the big boy?
Since I got my suspenders, it's a lot easier and I don't have to keep pulling up my pants!:D
Hey, once in a while, they let one slip out the door that doesn't have to go back to the mothership. I'm glad your is such!
Did you develop one of those S.E.G.'s, too?:D
Wynn:p

kahrseye
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Great report...Makes me want to get out and shoot my P45. If I could only afford the freekn' ammo. PM45 is at the top of my list of "must haves"...

Thanks, I know what you mean, the cheapest ammo I could find (WWB) was at Wally World for $34 per 100. I have heard WW had cheaper .45 ammo but I couldn't find it.

kahrseye
04-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Kahrseye, I'm so happy for you. I knew you would like the "BOOMER", too. That's what I keep saying, though, that if I can carry the PM9, I can carry the PM45! Why SETTLE for a 9mm, when you can carry the big boy?
Since I got my suspenders, it's a lot easier and I don't have to keep pulling up my pants!:D
Hey, once in a while, they let one slip out the door that doesn't have to go back to the mothership. I'm glad your is such!
Did you develop one of those S.E.G.'s, too?:D

Thank you, the PM45 is a little heavy for pocket carry but as soon as I find the right holster, I'll be carrying it alot. It's size really impresses me. Thanks for all the pre range advice. I'm sure it helped keep me from sending it back to the mothership..lol. By the way, those WWB's were really dirty. I should have posted a pic of the Boomer before I cleaned her. But it was over 200 rounds.

Bawanna
04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I think that's good name, hey I got my Para, and my Smith and of course my favorite Boomer. Nice ring to it.
I'm a little tired of waiting for good things but my day will come, I have no doubt. I have patience issues but I try to get thru them when I can. My K40 went to Magna port monday, what the heck is taking those guys so long, crud its been 3 days?????:mad::der::der:

wyntrout
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Did you develop one of those S.E.G.'s*, too?:D

*Sh!t-eating grin! Like this :D

I think that expression came from catching your dog doing that and the expression on his face when he gets caught "having fun"!
Ya know, a silly grin... surely you must have felt that shooting your new PM45!!

Wynn:D Welcome to the PM45 S.E.G. Club! :D

wyntrout
04-14-2010, 02:06 PM
I just weighed the 3 PM's again. I don't care what Kahr says, the P380 is actually a PM380!! I have a 1-gram resolution scale
with ~ +/- 10% accuracy (Less, I think).

PM45: 5+1 230gr Rem. BGS JHP = 23.386 ounces

PM9: 6+1 124gr DT GDJHP +P = 19.647 ounces

P380: 6+1 90gr BB JHP +P = 13.686 ounces

jlottmc
04-14-2010, 03:13 PM
EDM machining at it's finest, patience grasshopper it will come. I just love my P45, same size as my .380. The PM45 is just a bit small for my taste, but a nice one you have there.

kahrseye
04-14-2010, 06:28 PM
*Sh!t-eating grin! Like this :D

I think that expression came from catching your dog doing that and the expression on his face when he gets caught "having fun"!
Ya know, a silly grin... surely you must have felt that shooting your new PM45!!

Wynn:D Welcome to the PM45 S.E.G. Club! :D

Does you have to own a .45 to be a member of the S.E.G. Club?:target::target::target:

jlottmc
04-14-2010, 06:45 PM
No, but it sure does help :D

In-Yo-Grill
04-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Does you have to own a .45 to be a member of the S.E.G. Club?:target::target::target:

Someone help my ignorance...What is "S.E.G." stand for?

kahrseye
04-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Someone help my ignorance...What is "S.E.G." stand for?

I had the same reaction. Read Wyn's posts in this thread. You'll start laughing.:tongue:

In-Yo-Grill
04-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I had the same reaction. Read Wyn's posts in this thread. You'll start laughing.:tongue:

Thanks...that's a new acronym for me to keep track of...:D

Bawanna
04-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks...that's a new acronym for me to keep track of...:D

It's listed in the book of Jocko if you have your copy. Under "S" of course. Right after SWAG = Scientific Wild Assed Guess. I use it alot. I think it's available on Amazon for 29.95 or 129.95 if you want it autographed. 395 for hard cover.