PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder

mr surveyor
05-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Will my great grandkids appreciate my tupperware guns or my steel guns the most after I'm gone? I already know what my grandson (the vulture) prefers.

dkmatthews
05-14-2013, 06:57 PM
That's why Kahr makes both. :D

ltxi
05-14-2013, 07:00 PM
.....or even care about any of your guns.

I have my dad's WWII 1911. I treasure it. I was raised in deer hunter country and am a gun guy. My son's moderately incoherent wrt guns. He has a couple/three. Santa Barbara raised grandchildren don't know how to spell "gun".

AJBert
05-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Most kids I see today prefer plastic or wood. My own daughter is that way, and she served in the Army.

Doing my best to teach the grand kids to appreciate the beauty of a wood stock/grips over something manufactured. If it doesn't work out, they will not like any of my firearms, other than an inline muzzy I won in a raffle a few years back.

b4uqzme
05-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Will my great grandkids appreciate my tupperware guns or my steel guns the most after I'm gone? I already know what my grandson (the vulture) prefers.

+1. I hear you. While I've shot and enjoyed several (borrowed) polymer pistols, when it comes to spending my hard earned $$ I cannot ignore the qualities inherent in all steel. :yo:

Can't speak for the next generations. I think we (here in this forum) are doing a good job passing along our values. Not so sure about all those others...

ripley16
05-19-2013, 10:09 AM
They will probably wonder where the Stun and Vaporize buttons are. Technology advances on. http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/Sexxieracerchik4/Miscellaneous/SMILIES/SMILIES2/trek.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Sexxieracerchik4/media/Miscellaneous/SMILIES/SMILIES2/trek.gif.html)

MW surveyor
05-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Good question, my grandson is only 2 years old and lives six hours away. It's going to take a while to see what he likes. Now, I'm pretty sure that the granddaughter will go for the 10/22, she's 8 and loves to shoot it and the single six. :)

Bawanna
05-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Funny today at the range we wandered through the sales area after we were done.

Looked at rifles and such on the wall behind the counter and 5 or 6 display cases with everything tupperware you could imagine, held a PPQ or whatever that Jfootin has, FN's, Glocks, Kahrs, HK"s on and on. Then over by the cash register and center of the place a display case of nothing but steel and 1911's.

Being deaf people say I sometimes talk loud and don't realize it, anyway I thought I kind of hollered mildly over to my son a ways away an told him all the good stuff was over here!

A guy behind the counter headed right over telling the other 3 salesmen who were working, I got this guy! I think I held them all. That Remington darn near came home with me and I'd take my beating from the missus with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

dkmatthews
05-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Just got my first 1911 as a present for my Argentine GF.

The price was too good to pass up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Bawanna
05-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Interesting serration pattern on that. Happy first 1911 to you.