PDA

View Full Version : Just welcomed my second Kahr to my ownership

Billiam151
05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Hello all! I have been on this site many times and figured I may as well post a hello. I now own a Kahr P380 and a K9. I bought them both used but am very pleased for the most part. I just picked up the K9 yesterday and shot 50 rounds of reloads I bought from the range and did not have an issue whatsoever. I have had the P380 for awhile now and im still working with this gun.. I would say I have around maybe 1000 rounds through it and I am still getting inconsistant results. Stove pipes, FTF so I am a little frustrated with it, but I am not giving up... It appears at times the gun malfunctions when someone else is using it so I am saying user error may be a factor, it seems to fire fine for me and I seem to have the least amount of issues but still do. I am going to bring it back to the range and give it some good quality ammo and see what I incur and post back. As for the K9, I think I am in love. I shot 50 rounds and no hiccups at all, several bullseyes and I am attibuting my grouping really on how tired I was so I am going to hit the range another day and do some real quality shooting and see the results. I have read many post here and it seems we have some real help here which is a plus.

phil413tx
05-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Great choice on that K9! It is my favorite gun in my safe. It is such a sweet shooter!

JimBianchi
05-19-2013, 10:03 PM
My K9 quickly became my favorite pistol for CCW. Everyday everywhere.

As to the 380, I would send it to Kahr and they will make it right.

Billiam151
05-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Well, as I said I would post back when I hit the range. Yesterday I hit the range and shot all my guns but spent most of the time shooting my K9.. I really like this gun, I think why is because since it is not polymer it absorbs some of the punch back which the polymers do not do as well. I shot pretty decent and am very pleased with it. I am happy with the purchase. I also found out its birthday and its birthday is 12/2003 and my Kahr P380 was born on 11/2009. Quite honestly, for as old as both of these guns are they both really appear to be in good shape. Shooting the .380 today I think I have come to the conclusion I may just send it back to Kahr and have them take a look at it. With factory ammo I got several hang fires and double feeds so at this time, I dont feel safe carrying this gun as a back up gun. The K9 has slid right into my carry holster as my primary so im happy... On a side note, I contacted Kahr support for the information as to the manufacture dates and really would have liked to obtain any service history but they do not provide that information which I wish they would so i as the current owner knew what was up with my guns. Oh well that sucks..