PDA

View Full Version : Hogue Grip Sleeve

bulletdodger
05-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Just picked up a Hogue Grip Sleeve for my CW9 but instead of the Handall JR., I went with the two raised grip model made to fit medium to large pistols. It fits perfectly and has just the right amount of overhang to accommodate my mag grip extensions. It sits perfectly flush with the bottom of the extension and comes right up to about an eighth of an inch below the mag release. Figured I'd post this because there seem to be a lot of posts recommending the Handall Jr. Ive got all three fingers on Hogue rubber and it feels fantastic. My hands are a bit bigger and getting a good grip for accurate shot placement has been a bit of a challenge so I think for me this should help tighten up my group. Oh, and the shelves were fully stocked with 45 but no 9mm. I guess I'll have to wait a bit to test my theory eh?

:amflag:

Oh, PS it looks like 17210 is the model number. "Large tactical grip sleeve"

JFootin
05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/thisthreadisworthlesswib.gif

gunshinestateCW9
05-20-2013, 07:47 PM
^^^^^^what he said^^^^^

Fla CWFL holder
NRA member
Ruger LCP EDC

bulletdodger
05-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Sorry bout that. It was a spur of the moment post earlier and I didn't have time to go through the whole rigamarole.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w372/growsaginaw/316282_10200855832093809_1726310060_n.jpg

JFootin
05-20-2013, 09:13 PM
That looks good! :) How is it that you are the first member here that has tried this (as far as I know)?

ripley16
05-20-2013, 09:17 PM
I have the larger size Hogue on other guns, but I always figured they were too large to securely fit the thin Kahr grips. Is it a tight hold... no slippage?

bulletdodger
05-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Am I? Or are you just yankin my chain? Sheer dumb luck I suppose. I stopped into Cabelas to kill some time as I was in the neighborhood and one should never pass an outdoors shop imo. I was just fartin around looking for a mag holster actually and saw their display of grip sleeves. The attendant had me unload and check my pistol at the door and then we opened it up and held it up to see if it would fit. Looked good to me and at $10 what the hell right? I got it home, slipped it on and was thinking Id have to trim it up a bit but nope. Its perfect. Highly recommend it if you're considering a grip sleeve. It works perfectly with the kahr mags with factory extensions.

JFootin
05-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Am I? Or are you just yankin my chain? Sheer dumb luck I suppose. I stopped into Cabelas to kill some time as I was in the neighborhood and one should never pass an outdoors shop imo. I was just fartin around looking for a mag holster actually and saw their display of grip sleeves. The attendant had me unload and check my pistol at the door and then we opened it up and held it up to see if it would fit. Looked good to me and at $10 what the hell right? I got it home, slipped it on and was thinking Id have to trim it up a bit but nope. Its perfect. Highly recommend it if you're considering a grip sleeve. It works perfectly with the kahr mags with factory extensions.

First I've seen here, but I haven't been here forever like Bawanna and jocko. :yo:

I notice you are using it with the extended mag. I suppose it would have to be trimmed at the bottom to work with the standard mag?

arky
05-21-2013, 05:22 PM
does it let the mag drop out?

voodoo54
05-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Good choice with the Hogue grips. I bought one with the palm swell for my CW40 and it makes a huge difference. Will never go back!

CB3
05-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Doesn't it interfere with mag removal and insertion?

Will it slip down with use (mag insertions) and block the mag well?

I have never had a grip sleeve that did not eventually move down and interfere with mag insertion.

MLESa7990
05-22-2013, 09:03 AM
No and no. That grip sleeve is on there very tightly.

dsk
05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh, PS it looks like 17210 is the model number. "Large tactical grip sleeve"

So, what's the difference between a tactical grip sleeve and a normal one? :crazy:

Tinman507
05-22-2013, 01:32 PM
http://www.tacticalsupply.com/images/blackhawk_map.jpg

Bawanna
05-22-2013, 03:09 PM
So, what's the difference between a tactical grip sleeve and a normal one? :crazy:

Both the same product, the normal is about 12 bucks, the Tactical is 59.99.

I've asked this same question from many many police suppliers.

The usual answer is it says Tactical someplace but the guys dig that and will pay large for it.

I remember I was looking at a Z71 Chevy pickup years ago. Salesman was a rare bird and really knew trucks, gear ratios, all sorts of good stuff.

I asked what the Z71 package added. He said a decal and a sway bar. He could get me the Z71 decal for less than 20 bucks, it was about a 3000 dollar option. Go figure.

nuke
05-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Have you tried it with the standard 7 round mag? How is the grip? I use the 8 round mags with the extension for the range but 7's for CC and the house.