PDA

View Full Version : cw9 & j frame

cw9 covert
05-22-2013, 09:09 AM
I went to shoot my 642 & cw9 last night. First was the 642, only managed to put 15 rounds thru. Why? My hand was taking the punishment ! Ok, set it down and picked up the cw9. It was a pleasure to shoot that 9 and accurate too. Put 100 rounds thru her. Picked up the 642 again and could only put another 20 and I called it quite.

I had the cw9 for a few years and the 642 was new (last week). Do I regret buying the 642 instead of using the funds to buy ammo (for the cw9)? Don't want to think that way but..........No, I don't. It just one of those "nice to have's" everyone has on their list.

What's next? Grip chop ! Will I regret it? I'll soon find out.

Stay tuned & happy shooting to y'all

hardluk1
05-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Maybe try the full 3 finger soft rubber grip s&w and hogue or pachmayers on the snubby.
Nothing makes a snubby feel better to shot with hotter loads than a full 3 finger grip .
I carried a taurus 85 ss for 20 years before moveing to kahr. I only carry the kahr now but still lave shooting that old snubby.

Barth
05-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Maybe try the full 3 finger soft rubber grip s&w and hogue or pachmayers on the snubby.
Nothing makes a snubby feel better to shot with hotter loads than a full 3 finger grip .
I carried a taurus 85 ss for 20 years before moveing to kahr. I only carry the kahr now but still lave shooting that old snubby.

+1
If you want to do some shooting try;
Pachmayr Compac Grips S&W J-Frame Round Butt Rubber Black.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x225/brentfoto/image0002-7-1-1-1.jpg

I really think of my J-Frames as shoot a little and carry a lot guns.
They have Hogue Bantam grips and are true pocket pistols.
My K and N frame Smiths are the ones that do range duty.

jocko
05-22-2013, 01:21 PM
agree, anyone who shoots a J frame ALOT and says they are very comfortable---Well no comment.

Stillthge most beautiful little wheel gun ever made. I love that J frame u have their Barth

JFootin
05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
The J frame is just not a range gun you put 100 rounds through in a session. Use some milder ammo. And the above grip suggestions are something to look at. I actually carry mine, so I stuck with a grip that is even a hair smaller than the factory boot grip, but is made of soft, recoil cushioning, control enhancing rubber - the Hogue Bantam one piece rubber grip.

http://www.hoguestore.com/images/products/61000L.jpg

I love this grip! The grip is very secure and the cushioning it provides makes it comfortable for me to put a couple of dozen rounds in paper without any pain. :)

getsome
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Had to put a Hogue on my 642 to be able to use a speed loader...The sandard S&W rubber grip has a cut out that is too small to work...I like the Hogue grips and they are a good investment for any J frame...

cw9 covert
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM
I have small hands so my pinky was on the grip

jocko
05-22-2013, 03:06 PM
The J frame is just not a range gun you put 100 rounds through in a session. Use some milder ammo. And the above grip suggestions are something to look at. I actually carry mine, so I stuck with a grip that is even a hair smaller than the factory boot grip, but is made of soft, recoil cushioning, control enhancing rubber - the Hogue Bantam one piece rubber grip.

http://www.hoguestore.com/images/products/61000L.jpg

I love this grip! The grip is very secure and the cushioning it provides makes it comfortable for me to put a couple of dozen rounds in paper without any pain. :)

I had almost that exact model thatr u pictured only it was called the 342. Mine had no safetly lock on it either. I had it ported and had CTC rubber grips on it. that gun was a real shooter, after Ihad a good trigger job done on it. I kick myself aj100 timers (and thatis pretty damn hard to do)for ever selling the gun but I never carreid it after getting my PMJ9's.

Just tgot back from wal mart, got a call, AMMO IS IN SO WIFE AND i RACED OUT THERE AND WE EACH BOUTH 3 BOXES OF wwb 100pAK LESS 10
% DISCOUNT.

tHEY had about 10 boxes of 50 rounds of some serbia sh!t that actualy cost more than the 50 round boxes of wwb fmj. made no sense. But a ll we could buy was 3 each .

She told me they are now starting to put the ammo out now on the shelves during evening hours instead of a opening the next day for every day the same group of guys were standingoutside waiting for it to open and they would clean them out, so they thought they would try this to give others a fair shake at getting something. They had no 22's thoughh.:amflag:

ltxi
05-22-2013, 05:12 PM
agree, anyone who shoots a J frame ALOT and says they are very comfortable---Well no comment.

Stillthge most beautiful little wheel gun ever made. I love that J frame u have their Barth

Ahhh, c'mon.....don't go wimpy here dude. I've been shooting J frames since forever and you have, too. I still shoot them a fair amount 'cause a 442 is my most carried casual carry gun so currency is required. Quite comfortable with them using boot grips. What I don't do is idiotically insist on shooting .357 out of a 10 oz revolver just 'cause it won't blow up if I do so. 125 Fed std pressure NyClad. Steel sometimes 135 SB +P gold dot