PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Hats

PETE14
04-20-2010, 06:53 AM
I purchased the $6 Kahr hat and I like it so much that I wear it often. Exceptional hat for the money. Anyways I wore it this weekend and had two seperate incidents where people stared at me, not a glance but a long stare. I think it had something to do with the hat.

Has anyone else had this situation with a gun related hat or shirt?

jocko
04-20-2010, 08:52 AM
I only wearmne at a sporting (shooting event) or at the range. I don't wear it in public, expecialy when I am carrying, as I feel it is like a NEON sign saying, heh everyone, I have a gun on me.

the hat is one of the best I have ever had though, top quality and worth the money IMO. I am just choosey where I wear it..

recoilguy
04-20-2010, 08:55 AM
I wore a CZ-USA shirt once and was filling my tank in my car. An older gentleman walked up to me and said how'd you get the shirt. I told him I won it in a Karma contest on CZ web site. He proceeded to tell me of the 4 CZ rifles and 3 shotguns he has. I asked him if he had any CZ pistols and he said no. We went to the range the next day together and now he own a 75B. Very nice guy Morris is.

I have a tee shirt I got fom Gun owners of America with a piture of 2 hands one holding a Bible and the other a 1911......It says "I am a bitter Clinger" on it. I get plenty of looks when I wear that one, but I only just wear it to the range or to the club.

RCG

hsart
04-20-2010, 08:56 AM
I purchased the $6 Kahr hat and I like it so much that I wear it often. Exceptional hat for the money. Anyways I wore it this weekend and had two seperate incidents where people stared at me, not a glance but a long stare. I think it had something to do with the hat.

Must be jealousy, since non-gun owners would not know what the name means. Even a lot of new gun owners do not know the name. I personally would not wear while carrying.

deadhead1971
04-20-2010, 11:38 AM
A hat that says "Ruger LCP" is more of a neon sign than a hat that just says "kahr." I bought the black Kahr hat for $5 (have they upped the price to $6?). A bad guy probably will not know what Kahr means. I have worn it while carrying, and nobody gives it any mind.

I was in a restaurant about 2 months ago. I was pocket carrying the PM9 in dress slacks--no Kahr hat. These 5 guys come in, and all had their shirts untucked. They placed their order and sat at the table beside me. When they all sat down, there was this huge bulge under their shirts between their armpits and their waist. They were undercover LEOs because a uniformed LEO went over and was chatting with them--they all knew each other. Their "cover" was blown by sitting down with their waist/belt holsters. I was gonna go over to them and say, "hey you big dummies , you need to pocket carry." But I didn't. :)

PETE14
04-20-2010, 11:44 AM
$5.95 is $6 to me:D

jlottmc
04-20-2010, 08:27 PM
I just don't wear a cover anymore. I figure that I have enough things to impede my vision, that I don't need one. Besides I just never liked one.

Bawanna
04-20-2010, 11:47 PM
I just don't wear a cover anymore. I figure that I have enough things to impede my vision, that I don't need one. Besides I just never liked one.

Spoken like someone who still has hair? Do you wear sunglasses on your forehead in case the sun comes out. I use my hat bill to shield my eyes, but I usually have a boonie hat with me, perfect for keeping the rain out of my hearing aid. 1 drop of water hits it and it's out to lunch for an unspecified amount of time. Crap, you realize I could buy 3 PM45's for the price of a tiny little hearing machine. I'm disgusted with myself.

cgo99
04-21-2010, 05:08 AM

I had the same problem with my NRA hat and t-shirt. Not that I used them that much since I felt like I was advertising that I was carrying.

jlottmc
04-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Yes I still have hair, it's gray but still there. I do wear sunglasses over my eyes (even on cloudy days, as the eyes got VERY sensitive to light after a long time with no sunlight and nothing but florescent lights, inside and high pressure sodium lights outside). As for the hearing I protect it well too, I had a hearing test done as a pre-employment requirement, and with all the cannons I love to play with and with the other loud, my hearing is still excellent. As for the gun gear/NRA gear, I don't even put a sticker on my truck. No need to tip the hand at all.

O'Dell
04-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Spoken like someone who still has hair? Do you wear sunglasses on your forehead in case the sun comes out. I use my hat bill to shield my eyes, but I usually have a boonie hat with me, perfect for keeping the rain out of my hearing aid. 1 drop of water hits it and it's out to lunch for an unspecified amount of time. Crap, you realize I could buy 3 PM45's for the price of a tiny little hearing machine. I'm disgusted with myself.

Amen! Mine is starting to thin out at the crown, so I also frequently wear a hat. I have a S&W hat that just has a brass plate with the S&W logo and I have my Kahr hat. So far, in the 2 or 3 years I been wearing them, I don't think anyone has picked up on the fact that they're gun hats. For the same reason, I seldom wear my Sig Sauer hat except to aggravate the local LEO's who come into my restaurant. They all carry Glocks.