PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day Everyone

jdlott74
06-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Happy Father's Day everyone. Jlottmc as many know has not been on here much lately. He is working crazy hours...nights, 6p-6a, 12 hours, 4 on, 4 off. He worked last night, came home, we went to breakfast all together this morning when he got home, now he's sleeping getting ready for shift tonight. DD and I went to Toys R Us and they were having a free Lego event and we made a police car there and made him a card...

Hope everybody has a great day with their kids.

RevRay
06-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the post, jdlott74.

I won't see my kids today as they are both somewhere else ... my son is down in NC enjoying his first ever Fathers Day as a father. So I certainly don't begrudge him that opportunity one bit. And my daughter is actually ... as I type ... over in Russia visiting my Ruskii daughter ... a girl that was a foreign exchange student with our family for a year back in 1999-2000. So I'm glad that that family connection is being made again for the first time in 13 years. She did send me a nice Happy Fathers Day note by Facebook though ... and my son actually texted me this morning just before I got up to preach my sermon!

jdlott74
06-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the post, jdlott74.

I won't see my kids today as they are both somewhere else ... my son is down in NC enjoying his first ever Fathers Day as a father. So I certainly don't begrudge him that opportunity one bit. And my daughter is actually ... as I type ... over in Russia visiting my Ruskii daughter ... a girl that was a foreign exchange student with our family for a year back in 1999-2000. So I'm glad that that family connection is being made again for the first time in 13 years. She did send me a nice Happy Fathers Day note by Facebook though ... and my son actually texted me this morning just before I got up to preach my sermon!

You are very welcome. Where is your son in NC? I'm a NC girl, born and raised, met jlottmc there when he was stated at Cherry Point in the Corps. My family still lives there and my dad passed away years ago.

Tinman507
06-16-2013, 05:56 PM
I will add my best wishes for a happy Father's Day to all my friends here on KahrTalk. I wasn't able to see my son or daughter today but I did speak to both. I was able to speak to my dad, who is still with us Thank God. Being a dad is the best hardest job I've ever had. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
God Bless all the Dad's out there!

RevRay
06-16-2013, 07:28 PM
You are very welcome. Where is your son in NC? I'm a NC girl, born and raised, met jlottmc there when he was stated at Cherry Point in the Corps. My family still lives there and my dad passed away years ago.

He lives in Wake Forest near Raleigh and works out of his home. He's a sales rep for a large manufacturing corporation and has NC, VA & MD as his territory.

jdlott74
06-16-2013, 07:31 PM
He lives in Wake Forest near Raleigh and works out of his home. He's a sales rep for a large manufacturing corporation and has NC, VA & MD as his territory.

okay, I know where that is. I don't know anybody in that area, but do know some people that are in other areas around Raleigh.

Barth
06-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Got to talk to two of my three kids.
So I guess that's a win.
Got some great presents and card from my daughter Ashley.

I know it's really hard to believe.
But I went to the range on Fathers day.
Actually went Sat. and Sun. - LOL!

Gave my newest addition,
and personal Fathers Day present to myself,
a NIB 2013 USP 45 Tactical it's break in run.

The match trigger on this Tactical is nothing sort of outstanding.
The gun isn't quite as accurate in my hands as a high end Kimber 1911.
But for a 12+1 combat gun this thing is more than impressive.
Shooting it well is nearly effortless.

Barth is happy now.
http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2010/07/20/43499_01_hk_usp_tactical_45_640.jpg

deputy tom
06-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Happy Father's Day a day late. Had a great breakfast with my daughter and steak on the grill with my son for dinner. A great day. tom.:D

Deano
06-17-2013, 07:18 PM
I celebrated Father's Day with a hole-in-one. Best part about it was, I had two of my sons with me. Also got notice that the glock 36 has shipped. Yay!

Yogi 117
06-18-2013, 08:18 AM
I celebrated Father's Day with a hole-in-one. Best part about it was, I had two of my sons with me. Also got notice that the glock 36 has shipped. Yay!
Good as it gets, Deano...I thinks me smells a range trip in the air? :D

muggsy
06-21-2013, 05:34 PM
My #2 son is becoming a father for the second time. This time his wife is giving him a son. The Muggsy linage continues.

ltxi
06-21-2013, 05:38 PM
My #2 son is becoming a father for the second time. This time his wife is giving him a son. The Muggsy linage continues.

Lord help us....congrats!

muggsy
06-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Lord help us....congrats!

Amen to that and thanks. :)

jdlott74
06-21-2013, 09:20 PM

Congrats Muggsy