PDA

View Full Version : Slightly funny family wedding story - some gun involvement

Armybrat
06-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Several weeks ago one of my brother's grandsons finally married the sweet & cute lil' Hispanic gal he had been shacked up with for over a year.

Our side of the family, mostly Catholics & a few Methodists, was kind of ho-hum about their prenuptial living arrangement. But her parents, some kind of strict evangelical Christians, were all upset and had been estranged from her after exchanging some harsh words.

Everybody thought her family was going to boycott the wedding, as that had been the message from them leading up to the present.

But lo & behold and out of the blue, the bride's family ALL showed up (including several rough-looking tattooed brothers & cousins) for the wedding rehearsal.
Some quick reshuffling was done to include a couple of them in the wedding party, although our family was a little wary of the motives for this sudden change from the previously unyielding & harsh attitudes on their part.

Anyways, during the actual wedding ceremony the next day, things were proceeding smoothly....but there was obviously a lot of underlying tension.

When it got to the point where the preacher asked the question, "Is there anyone present who desires to voice objection to this union?", all the heads on the groom's side swiveled to the left to look at the bride's family, anticipating who knows what?

Luckily nothing was said by any of her family, and the couple went on to get hitched.

After the ceremony, the lady who played the organ music confided to my brother that is was pretty funny to see all the groom's family turn their heads at once. But she added she noticed that my brother, my nephew (the groom's dad) and my other nephew (a cop) had all slid their hands inside their coats. Of course they were all carryin', as was I and a couple others.

The wedding shootout that didn't happen! lol

My wife & I sat towards the rear of the church on purpose, as to stay out of the line of any possible fire. :D

Later at the reception, the groom (my great-nephew) went over to the bride's family table & introduced himself (they had refused to meet him before this). Apparently they saw that he was really a nice fellow and not some gringo ogre who had corrupted their daughter. They seemed to get on very well. Took some cojones for the young man to do that.

getsome
06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Thats a good one, glad nobody got perforated during the services!!!.... Weddings always seem to bring out the worst of families either from drinking or hurt feelings or in our case just strange ars redneck folks on the wifes side...

Went to a wedding of her Cousins daughter who was about 8 months pregnant for the event and she chose to wear a traditional white wedding gown which was about two sizes too small even if she wasn't about to download and after the service when she went to throw the bouquet she had a cigarette in one hand and a beer and a cigarette in the other so she had to put one cigarette in her mouth to throw the flowers and after that she threw beer all over the brides maids....Real Class right there folks!!!

Marriage lasted less than a year, who woulda thunk it???

Tinman507
06-27-2013, 01:48 PM
http://mmyhasptymouth.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/redneck-wedding.jpg

Bawanna
06-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Dam it, that's the 3rd time today I threw up a little bit in my mouth. This is getting very very old.

getsome
06-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Got Flour?

Bawanna
06-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Poor guy looks blind to me. In this case that's a very good thing for him.

Tinman507
06-27-2013, 02:38 PM
http://valleyparent.com/thissouthernblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/redneck_wedding_2.jpg

Bawanna
06-27-2013, 02:57 PM
http://valleyparent.com/thissouthernblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/redneck_wedding_2.jpg

Apparently he can see, maybe it was a miracle and now that he saw his prize, he's bawling his eyes out. Who can blame the poor guy.

And look at the smiling bride, like the south end of a northbound hippo.

Ikeo74
06-27-2013, 03:03 PM
I think I know the (pictured) brides's mother. She looks just like the bride + a few years. :eek: Is her dad's name Tim?

getsome
06-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Hope they hit a drive through vasectomy clinic on the way to the honeymoon at the Motel 6....Big as that som beach bride is she's liable to have a whole litter....Can you say "Wal Mart Calendar couple of the year".....:eek:

jocko
06-27-2013, 03:23 PM
http://mmyhasptymouth.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/redneck-wedding.jpg

two loosers who found each utter. a marriage made in ethopia. no less. Hell ovomit married one that looks like that gal, so why can't that skinny ass white cr@cker do that. Now mind u thatis not a racist comment for that black b!tch on the witness stand today said it was not a racist comments, so I am good to go on that statement..

Can anyone here possable fathom how in Gods green earth Jesse Jackson is gonna go see Paula Deen and work with her about her racists past. This comes from a racist pig who has admitted when he worked in a restaurant of spitting in "white" people's chilly. I don't think that meeting will ever happen either. Wow the mans son and wife are goin to prison and he is gonna preach . Please give me a breakhere:Amflag2:

jocko
06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Dam it, that's the 3rd time today I threw up a little bit in my mouth. This is getting very very old.

I think she is a real "hottie". Just sayin.

ltxi
06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
I'd really like to say something u&c piggish about all this but I just just can't seem to be able to get there. For once, I'm just toothless.

muggsy
06-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Living proof that love is blind.

Armybrat
06-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Are you people trying to equate my family members in the story with those crazy pictures?

ltxi
06-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Oh no, never. Personally, I'm disgusted. Tinman did it. :7:

Bawanna
06-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Oh no never, I'm disgusted Wally thunk it up.

jocko
06-27-2013, 05:54 PM
I'd really like to say something u&c piggish about all this but I just just can't seem to be able to get there. For once, I'm just toothless.

to hold back, ur amoung friends here u know:Amflag2:

MikeyKahr
06-27-2013, 05:58 PM
To have, and to hold...

ltxi
06-27-2013, 06:15 PM
to hold back, ur amoung friends here u know:Amflag2:

Not holding back....the pic just fried all the wtf circuits in my brain. I got nothin'! :eek: