PDA

View Full Version : CW380, thanks for nothing Kahr!

igolfat8
07-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I'm iirked. Local GS ran a sale flyer in January for the new CW380. They didn't even have any to sell, what's up with that. I got on the waiting list and now 6 months later and numerous emails and I get the following response:

Here’s a portion of the e-mail I received from Kahr yesterday afternoon regarding the production/shipping of the new CW380 pistol:

“Most likely delivery around November/December. Right now these have not started to ship yet, once they do we have about a years worth of backorders to fill.”

Why would they advertise a "sale" when they haven't even gone into production yet? If this is their idea of marketing, I'm thoroughly unimpressed!

RevRay
07-02-2013, 08:42 PM
You can't blame Kahr for a sale run by an LGS, unless it was actually a Kahr-initiated sale. Was that in fact the actual case? Your post doesn't make it clear that that was in fact the case.

phil413tx
07-02-2013, 09:04 PM
That is the way I see it as well. Sounds like your LGS 'jumped the gun' on their ad. With the run on guns, many gun companies have lots of guns on backorder and delayed production on new guns. No one would have expected the craziness of what happened at the beginning of the year.

hardluk1
07-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Same thang happens with every new wonder gun that comes along. Its advetised 6 months to a year before it avaible and then it takes another 6 months to a years befor they make it around to all the the folks that ordered them early on.

igolfat8
07-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I don't blame the LGS. They certainly didn't just pull a picture and pricing out of thin air. Somehow me thinks Kahr was behind this but I have no proof. It just irks me... rant over...

nuke
07-03-2013, 04:28 PM
November/December? When I e-mailed them about 3 weeks ago, they told me in 1-2 months. I guess I'll just have to buy ANOTHER S&W BG380...

dirtkicker
07-03-2013, 04:40 PM
I think I'll wait for the Beretta Pico.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-pico-380/

45stopsemquick
07-03-2013, 08:43 PM
That Beretta is butt ugly. Usually the Italians are style first, function second, this gun looks horrendous. I'd just spring for the more expensive p380. Oh wait I already did.

dirtkicker
07-03-2013, 09:03 PM
That Beretta is butt ugly. Usually the Italians are style first, function second, this gun looks horrendous. I'd just spring for the more expensive p380. Oh wait I already did.

I agree the Pico isn't exactly the best looking gun in the world but personally I couldn't care less what it looks like. Function first, style second. Of course we'll have to wait and see...

Congrats on your P380, I hope its as dependable as it is stylish. My CM9 is.

yqtszhj
07-03-2013, 10:24 PM

Looks like a Fiat!:D

hardluk1
07-04-2013, 06:26 AM
The pico looks like the grip is to small for the up section of the pistol. Just way out of balance.

igolfat8 Guess you did not pay attention to the shield or sigs p238 or 938 the p380 the sw bodyguard , rugers lcr or most any other new to the market firearm when they came out. They all were advertised up to a year early and then another 1/2 year wait for the guys that were on a waiting list. Gota get the I gota have crowd all heated up into a frenzy. It does no good getting all wigged out over just another firearm.
I bought a tcp instead of the p380 and still very happy.

muggsy
07-04-2013, 06:49 AM
I was irked once, but I got over it. On a score of from one to ten with ten being the worse thing that can happen to you, I give being irked a one. Catching little Muggsy in my zipper was a ten, but I got over that, too.

brett_f
07-04-2013, 06:59 PM
... I'd just spring for the more expensive p380. Oh wait I already did.

Me too. Very happy I did, too. Mine is perfect, and it replaced my LCP. The Kahr was most certainly worth the extra $.

-Brett

rjt123
07-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Guess you did not pay attention to the shield or sigs p238 or 938 the p380 the sw bodyguard , rugers lcr or most any other new to the market firearm when they came out. They all were advertised up to a year early and then another 1/2 year wait for the guys that were on a waiting list. Gota get the I gota have crowd all heated up into a frenzy. It does no good getting all wigged out over just another firearm.
I bought a tcp instead of the p380 and still very happy.

Don't forget the Kimber Solo...that was a bona fide feeding frenzy when they first started shipping.

igolfat8
07-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Guess you did not pay attention to the shield or sigs p238 or 938 the p380 the sw bodyguard , rugers lcr or most any other new to the market firearm when they came out.

If memory serves me correct hadn't those guns already been manufactured when they were advertised ... for sale? Not so, with the CW380.

Bawanna
07-06-2013, 08:15 PM
I ordered 3 Shields for officers at work all at once. Got one after 4 months, the second at about 5 months and the 6th trickled in just a couple weeks ago after about 7. I guess they were in production so technically your correct, just weren't any in my area.

bonjorno2
07-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I have a p380 that works flawlessly i'll sell when I get my pico... I get a better price on beretta than kahr!

Cokeman
07-06-2013, 08:34 PM
That sounds like a big mistake.

Brontosaurus
07-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Me too. Very happy I did, too. Mine is perfect, and it replaced my LCP. The Kahr was most certainly worth the extra $.

-Brett

Me three! Didn't want to wait for the CW version. Mine has been great. Also glad I didn't wait. When you add in the cost of the second mag and the value of the match grade barrel I might have gone P380 even if the CW was available.

Agree, that Beretta is ugly!

igolfat8
07-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I have a p380 that works flawlessly i'll sell when I get my pico... I get a better price on beretta than kahr!

I would certainly be interested. Just send me a PM or email. Thanks...

bonjorno2
07-07-2013, 07:41 PM
will do

muggsy
07-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Quite frankly I don't see the problem here. If your LGS offered the CW380 at a sale price then by one. Hold him to his offer. When they become available you'll have one at a great price. All good things come to those who wait. Ain't that right, Rev. Ray?