PDA

View Full Version : greetings from soggy derbycity

rons
07-07-2013, 08:40 AM
hello to all, new to forum but owned a MK9 for over 6 years used as a BUG. Just bought a CW45 this month. Always shot and carried 1911 style pistols but have changed over to DAO recently. Thanks,

AIRret
07-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Welcome aboard!

I'm curious as to why you made the change?

RevRay
07-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk. I saw your post on another thread ... sorry to hear that you lost your shooting partner. I can tell just through your words that you still miss her. God bless.

rons
07-07-2013, 01:52 PM
replaced my colts and kimbers to para-ordnance DAOs. Here in Ky we have had several LEO shootings which the officer had said he had fired his pistol accidently. I have always carried my 1911s cocked & locked and upon several occasions discovered the the safety had dropped while in holster. Liability issue, only reason.

rons
07-07-2013, 02:06 PM
thanks RevRay,yes she will be missed.
Recently met a lady a few years younger who also lost he husband to cancer years ago. We have become good freinds and I have asked her interest in shooting and she is very open to it. We recently went to the new Cabelas here and went to the gun dept. While browsing she was listening to a saleslady talking to another customer about S&W pistols. She told me later she wanted a pink or purple S&W. LOL

b4uqzme
07-07-2013, 05:56 PM
welcome --- understand how important a great partner is ---- mrs. b4uqzme has been watching the walking dead all weekend and just told me we need more guns ----- yahoo!! never really liked that show before... just sayin

patrickw
07-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Welcome! I too am a resident of the Derby City, and hoping it can return to a reasonable rate of precipitation. I just got my first Kahr (pm9) earlier this year and it's in my pocket now!

RevRay
07-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Probably not much chance that the Derby City of this thread is referring to the Corinthians soccer team in England, right? I thought not.

rons
07-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Nope, home of Churchill Downs, we only live basketball here.

Jeff023
07-12-2013, 05:07 AM
Welcome to the forum! My wife is a former anti, now she's neutral, which is the best I've been able to accomplish in 15 yers of marriage. I'm always a bit envious of guys who have wives or girlfriends who like to shoot.

dkmatthews
07-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Welcome! I think you'll like it here. We usually have our manners on but occasionally slip up and show our other side -- just like family.