PDA

View Full Version : my new honey.....

Bkkd
07-13-2013, 07:54 PM
i really like her too, i want to shoot her a lot....i have junk ammo i.e. wolf steel case, do any of you shoot the wolf in your kahrs and should i be worried about doing it? i have about 300 rounds of the junk.
when was the last time you all saw corbon at that price lol.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/bkkd/Picture116_zps3e30e786.jpg

yqtszhj
07-13-2013, 08:01 PM
I had that exact grip on my CM9 for a while. I ended up taking it off but it was very nice when I had it on. I ended p putting it on a .380.

I shot some steel case through mine just to see if it would do it and it did fine. I wouldn't blame any negative results with the steel case on the gun if you have any.

The CM9 is a nice pistol.

downtownv
07-14-2013, 05:01 AM
Enjoy! My opinion of wolf ammo is, it's crap my sig 229 chocked on it and that gun will eat anything!

hardluk1
07-14-2013, 06:31 AM
I have not shot any steel cased ammo. But that corbon ammo price?? I must be losing my mind cause I don't ever remember that kind of price.

Bkkd
07-14-2013, 06:38 AM
I have not shot any steel cased ammo. But that corbon ammo price?? I must be losing my mind cause I don't ever remember that kind of price.

I bought that when I got my glock 19 back in about 95 or so, I got a few boxes and never really liked in the 19 so I just put it up, (it shot somewhat high) but it actually shoots pretty close to point of aim in the cm. so now I at least have about 60 rounds of good carry ammo for her.

muggsy
07-14-2013, 06:45 AM
If you're talking Tula ammo it won't hurt your gun, but it won't do it any good. Tula is a very dirty ammo. Some guns don't function well with it and some will. I'd only use it if nothing else was available.

QuackXP
07-14-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm curious about this as well. I have 350 rounds of Tula 9mm from before I sold my Sigma.

I don't subscribe to the myth that steel is bad for your firearm aside from a need for additional cleaning. Especially if your an average shooter that will not be shooting 1000's or even 100's of rounds a month.

But I know some guns can be picky with steel. I know my LCP will not cycle it if its not cleaned and lubed well. I had one case get stuck in another firearm but that was a one time deal that was not reproducible. My old Sigma ate it up.

I guess I will find out though. It's what I have now and id rather wait until 9mm prices get a bit better before I restock. Although I plan to start reloading after summer is over.

Zippo Guy
07-14-2013, 09:24 AM
I have shot Wolf, Tula, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, etc. in all of my Kahrs and other guns without any problems at all. I usually use them when I go to our indoors range so I don't have to worry about picking them up.

QuackXP
07-14-2013, 09:27 AM
I have shot Wolf, Tula, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, etc. in all of my Kahrs and other guns without any problems at all. I usually use them when I go to our indoors range so I don't have to worry about picking them up.

Glad to hear steel works well in the Kahr, at least for you. Is one of your firearms a CW9 by any chance?

I think its easier though to pick up at an indoor range with a concrete floor vs dirt gravel of the outdoor range I use.