PDA

View Full Version : Wait for CW380 or...

nuke
07-21-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm looking for a 380 to carry since seeing a S&W BG380 side-by-side with my CW9. My LGS has a few Ruger LCP's for $329. As much as I'd like to wait for the CW380 (we all know THAT story...), I'm not sure if I should 1) pass that up, 2) pick up the Ruger or 3) try to get my hands on another S&W BG380. My wife has the S&W and I have to say, it's a sweet weapon. Nice fit and purty, too.

What would you gents do?

jocko
07-21-2013, 11:20 AM
buy the ruger. they are reliable, they are darn nice guns for the bucks, not a targetgun, cerrtainly not the great trigger system of the Kahr 380 either, but still a damn nice gun and one that has been around long enough now that the gremlins are mostly all gone. If and when the cw38 comes out and the reviews aregood, I amsur eu can peddleyour ruger for very little loss. The 380's of any brand are not targetguns, they arenot realy rangetime guns either. Theyare what they are a very ultra sub compace little dgun that will more thanlikely save ur life if needed. Ammo is not cheap, nor easy to find even. TheRuger like most all rugers are just fineguns and priced right to.
Again, IMO ur waitingon a gun thatis not yet out and when it comesout might be hard as hellto even get, and in the meantime ur walking around with maybe an empty pocket where RIGHT NOW u cold have a LCP sitting there. Its would be a no-rainer to me. Just sayin

humm" WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA' Best by two of them.

Mademefeel good when I read the DOJ OR FBI is gonna keep Z's kel tek, and afellow citizen stepped forward and said he willbuy Z any gun he wants,just let him know what brand. Kudos to this citiizen...:Amflag2:

certified106
07-21-2013, 11:37 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with Jocko! I currently own a LCP and while it isn't the purtiest thing in the world it gets the job done. The trigger isn't even in the same country as my Kahr but that is to be expected. I would much rather have an LCP on me than an empty pocket

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nuke
07-21-2013, 11:46 AM
In that case, I'll call the store as soon as he opens tomorrow or just drop in. Worst case is I buy the Ruger AND the Kahr AND the S&W.

certified106
07-21-2013, 12:04 PM
In that case, I'll call the store as soon as he opens tomorrow or just drop in. Worst case is I buy the Ruger AND the Kahr AND the S&W.

That sounds like something I would do and after buying all three I would get a free extended vacation in my backyard camper complements of my wife!

nuke
07-21-2013, 12:13 PM
...I would get a free extended vacation in my backyard camper complements of my wife!

More likely with me, my wife would run to the range, shoot all 3 and then pick the one she likes best for herself. But that works, too! :p

certified106
07-21-2013, 12:34 PM
I should clarify that the reason she would be mad has more to do with the fact she has been wanting a Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 and I keep buying things like a Ruger SR1911 etc.......... She wasn't mad about the ruger when I bought but she just said the next gun better be her Benelli! Lol

nuke
07-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Then by all means, buy the Benelli!

hardluk1
07-21-2013, 04:44 PM
nuke don't buy the lcp buy a taurus 738 tcp 380, extras in it the ruger does not have and a by far better trigger. the last series has a D in the serial number . We have 2 C series. Good buy run from 185 for FS with one mag to 280 for the black SS with 2 mags.

cetified106 I don't know where your at but we have a local generial store that has quit a seection of benelli's in stock and some are new couple year old models that reflect heavily in the price. He does not raise prices and are at discountpriceing on every firearm . Check them out and have one shipped to your sweety pie.
http://www.pricescreekstore.com/

robdnor
07-21-2013, 05:27 PM
nuke don't buy the lcp buy a taurus 738 tcp 380, extras in it the ruger does not have and a by far better trigger. the last series has a D in the serial number . We have 2 C series. Good buy run from 185 for FS with one mag to 280 for the black SS with 2 mags.

cetified106 I don't know where your at but we have a local generial store that has quit a seection of benelli's in stock and some are new couple year old models that reflect heavily in the price. He does not raise prices and are at discountpriceing on every firearm . Check them out and have one shipped to your sweety pie.

Whoa, I read a good general store and benellis and prices creek was the first thing to come to mind... They definitely keep a lot of guns in stock and definitely a bunch of the benellis

By the way hardluk, do you ever happen to make it the the uspsa shoot put on by Apsa on the second Saturday? It's up at TT&T

nuke
07-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Well, then...

I'll be picking up my LCP on Wednesday (if I get back from fishing before my LGS closes). I'll be glad when the Mrs' and I receive our permits so I don't have to deal with this 3 day waiting period every gun purchase. We're scheduled for the class this Friday and we understand that there's about a 2-3 month backlog following fingerprinting and submittal.

certified106
07-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Then by all means, buy the Benelli!

I'm working on it but I only got so much money! LOL

I will check it out! Thanks for the heads up

97harley
07-23-2013, 09:09 PM
I just recently got a P380 and love it. I shot the Ruger and the Taurus and also the S&W but the P380 has a much better trigger and feel. The sites, btw, mine has night sites are also far superior imho. If the C380 is close to the P380 with the exception of the fixed sites, the feel and trigger make it worth admission to me.

expressdog01
08-12-2013, 10:08 PM
the new LCP'S for 2013 have a new trigger real nice, and they have rear sight's now. big differnce between the old and new lcp's .and nobody has worst C,S, than taurus

nuke
08-13-2013, 10:35 AM
The LCP I purchased was about 2 weeks fresh off the assembly line. I've only put about 60-75 rounds thru it so far, mostly various brands of FMJ and also 4 or 5 rounds of Critical Defense, with no hiccups. I need my wife to compare it to her S&W BG380 to see if I can get her to swap. As far as the CW380, I'll wait for the forum reviews IF it ever hits the market.

siam
08-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Did anyone else see this in the new Guns Magazine. Checkout pages 76-77.
Ignore what is below my name have no idea where it came from & can not edit it out.

http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/GUNS/GUNS1013/

Mike
img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;} img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;}

cw380
08-28-2013, 11:03 PM
If you can't find a cw380, check out the Beretta Pico. They should hit the market some time in November.

berettabone
08-29-2013, 09:13 AM
A friend of mine owns the Ruger..................I shot it..................I owned and carried a BG380 for a while.................now I own a Kahr. To me, there is no comparison. I thought that the Ruger had a lousy trigger, the BG not much better, but better. The BG had better sights, and was very nice to carry, but, after owning a Kahr, I can't see why you wouldn't just buy another Kahr. The Kahr is so much more accurate, at distances that the BG couldn't compete at. I realize that they are for closer quarters, but I feel much more confident after seeing the accuracy of the Kahr at 25 yds.

nuke
08-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Supposedly, the 2013 LCP's are improved over the earlier versions; trigger and sights wise. My groupings with the LCP at 15 feet are consistently about 2 1/2" and that's with only about 200 rounds of practice. But I really DO intend on picking up a CW380, assuming I'm not 6 feet under by the time it's finally released...