PDA

View Full Version : Buntline

Bawanna
07-25-2013, 12:06 PM
I just about brought one of these home from vacation.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=355922915

Saw it in a hardware, has everything type of store in a town we pass through.

It was 45 Colt and didn't have the adjustable rear sight. I held the thing and was surprised that it wasn't really bow heavy at all, felt quite nice in hand and talk about sight radius. 18"s.

Also had a couple Ruger Gunsite Scout rifles that wanted to come home with me badly too. I tried to remind the wife of her statement when we were in Sparks Nevada a month ago, the one to go ahead and buy one but apparently as I predicted that was a thought in the past and no longer relevant.

Figured I could put a rubber tip on it and use it as a walking stick, course she just had to point out the logic that I can't walk, so what do I need a walking stick for? Bi*#&#A)~!

muggsy
07-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Are you sure that the barrel is long enough, Bawanna? You might want to reach out and touch someone.

melissa5
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Holy cow! Put handguards and a foregrip on that thing. :)

Bawanna, we must be thinking alike because I saw a Gunsite Scout at the gun show last week and it wanted to come home with me too. It didn't though.

downtownv
07-25-2013, 02:21 PM
I'd mount that along side of the joystick and spin the chair like a ball turret!
:behindsofa:

MikeyKahr
07-25-2013, 02:34 PM
That thing almost needs a tripod!

Bawanna
07-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Holy cow! Put handguards and a foregrip on that thing. :)

Bawanna, we must be thinking alike because I saw a Gunsite Scout at the gun show last week and it wanted to come home with me too. It didn't though.

My son has one so I figure if he has one I should too. First one I saw on the counter was stainless which I didn't even know existed, they also had a blued one about a 100 bucks cheaper.

Neither apparently cheap enough. I think they are a nice rifle, light and handy.

CJB
07-25-2013, 07:15 PM
I once had a Ruger single six with an 11 inch barrel. Had it shortened about 2 years later to six inches. Never looked back.

yqtszhj
07-25-2013, 07:24 PM
That's cool. You can hunt with that one. I want to see some Bawanna grips on that thing.

I bet you can carry it IWB with the right holster.

Harrylee
07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
oh man you just keep finding the coolest stuff. Keep it coming Bawanna you have been missed around here:amflag:

Bawanna
07-25-2013, 08:08 PM
I have a 10 1/2" Super Blackhawk 44. Kind of cool, don't shoot it too often. Definitely fun to hold and a great conversation piece.

I guess pocket carry would be out of the question but I've never been much on pocket carry anyhow.

rholmes69
07-25-2013, 08:33 PM
You'll never hear me say I would rather spend $600 on something other than guns/ammo, but good heavens, couldn't you find something more useful that goes bang or assists in going bang than that? Turrible I say... Says the guy with a mullet :).

b4uqzme
07-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Is that a buntline in your pocket or are you just happy to be back from vacation? :eek:

Bawanna
07-25-2013, 09:24 PM
You'll never hear me say I would rather spend $600 on something other than guns/ammo, but good heavens, couldn't you find something more useful that goes bang or assists in going bang than that? Turrible I say... Says the guy with a mullet :).

Well I'm a notorious rock roller, I could use it like a pry bar. I could put up a couple holders and use it as a chin up bar.

Hang it in the closet and use it for coat hangers. Think of it as a multi tool.

I'm into old, weird, different, stuff, just like me.

certified106
07-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Wow that thing is crazy long!
I would need to start a workout program just hold it up for long enough to take aim and make a shot!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bawanna
07-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Wow that thing is crazy long!
I would need to start a workout program just hold it up for long enough to take aim and make a shot!

I anticipated that same thing but was amazed that it didn't seem nose heavy at all! Hardly noticeable at all.
Wife even held it out with a sigh thinking she would look foolish but she held it out there just fine.

Agreed it's a novelty, not much genuine purpose but would be fun to play with and fun to own. Very similar to the Mares Leg. Very cool, a novelty, difficult to shoot really as it's too heavy to shoot like a handgun and with the short butt stock you can't shoulder like a rifle.

Still fun. I've often thought it would be sweet with a buttstock but then it would be a short barrel rifle and lord knows how those things are responsible for murder and mayhem in our country. NOT!

certified106
07-26-2013, 09:56 AM
I like the short barreled rifle idea! I do think the gun is pretty cool so I will have to watch for one to handle and see how it feels

TheTman
07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
When you run out of bullets you can beat the hell out of someone with that barrel from across the room.

Alfonse
07-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Congrats! Other than gun sure, walking stick and chin up bar. Maybe you could make a driver grip for it and use it as a golf club too? Of course, the handle would be the end the bullet comes out of. If it has a firing pin block, it should not go boom on a long drive. Maybe you want to lend it out for testing. I hear some politicians play golf.

JohnR
07-26-2013, 11:33 AM
That thing almost needs a tripod!

That's what she said. :cool:

Tinman507
07-26-2013, 12:54 PM
How did we get back to Weiner text messages?

gb6491
07-26-2013, 01:18 PM
SCHOFIELD Bawanna, you must keep your eyes on the prize and not get distracted by this long tubed temptress.....besides, if you really want a Buntline, Turnbull would be the way to go (though quite a bit more pricey:():
http://www.turnbullmfg.com/store.asp?pid=35926
http://i43.tinypic.com/20kwu2x.jpg
Image from: http://www.guns.com/2013/03/21/turnbull-manufacturing-to-produce-limited-run-of-colt-buntline-revolvers/
Regards,
Greg

muggsy
07-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Well I'm a notorious rock roller, I could use it like a pry bar. I could put up a couple holders and use it as a chin up bar.

Hang it in the closet and use it for coat hangers. Think of it as a multi tool.

I'm into old, weird, different, stuff, just like me.

No wonder you like, Jocko. :)

Bawanna
07-26-2013, 01:56 PM
SCHOFIELD Bawanna, you must keep your eyes on the prize and not get distracted by this long tubed temptress.....besides, if you really want a Buntline, Turnbull would be the way to go (though quite a bit more pricey:():
http://www.turnbullmfg.com/store.asp?pid=35926
http://i43.tinypic.com/20kwu2x.jpg
Image from: http://www.guns.com/2013/03/21/turnbull-manufacturing-to-produce-limited-run-of-colt-buntline-revolvers/
Regards,
Greg

Exactly. Thanks for trying to keep me grounded. I'm easily swayed by temptress's.

Years end is the supposed deadline for the Schofield and so far the penny bank is not one bit fuller. Need to focus.