PDA

View Full Version : PM9 VA 75XX question

harvs12
07-30-2013, 10:24 PM
I've had this for years and finally decided to shoot it. My question is I didn't know until coming here that my serial # fell in a group recall for the barrel. What would you do? Is there anything I can even do now that it is past the warranty?

I also have a CM9 which I have never shot either and am thinking about selling it since they are basically the same pistol but I like the look of my PM9 more.

I lurked here a while back but then got soo busy I was never able to take the time out to put either of these through the prep, but finally am!!!

I would like to make my PM9 my go to carry...as I pocket carry a .380 LCP, or a XDSC40 on the hip. It's time to move on and make use of this beautiful gun;)

Any advice on my PM9 would be appreciated.

CJB
07-31-2013, 05:10 AM
call kahr.....they will advise... and i wont be amazed if they fit a new barrel for you

jocko
07-31-2013, 08:51 AM
:Amflag2:
I've had this for years and finally decided to shoot it. My question is I didn't know until coming here that my serial # fell in a group recall for the barrel. What would you do? Is there anything I can even do now that it is past the warranty?

I also have a CM9 which I have never shot either and am thinking about selling it since they are basically the same pistol but I like the look of my PM9 more.

I lurked here a while back but then got soo busy I was never able to take the time out to put either of these through the prep, but finally am!!!

I would like to make my PM9 my go to carry...as I pocket carry a .380 LCP, or a XDSC40 on the hip. It's time to move on and make use of this beautiful gun;)

Any advice on my PM9 would be appreciated.

ios the story on that . MY PMJ9 wasin that sequence to. there is nothging wrong with yourkahr NADDA. all kaahr will do is polish the feed ramp and send the barrel back. they won't replace it. Most all VA# owners never sent the guns back for they gave no issues. If its working OK forget about it. U didn't sa if u bought it new either, so if used, it cold have already went back.

#1shoot the fokker, do the prep thing on the kahr tech section. teat it asw a new gun beng u have not shot it. age has no meaning on your kahr either. U got a good one.

POlish te feed ramp yourself with some flitz or some fine 600+ grit paper. There was no defects in the barrel construction, just that some in that sequence got out without some better feed ramp plishing. SHOOT THE FOKKER

harvs12
07-31-2013, 09:04 AM
Bought it new...years ago:) Thanks for the info, and I will be breaking this baby in FINALLY! Also look forward to being around here and learning from you all.

jocko
07-31-2013, 09:36 AM
PM sent;

jocko
07-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Kahr 005PM9 Recoil Assembly Old Style
Quick View

005PM9 Recoil Assembly Old Style
Price: $23.10

Qty:
Add To Cart

I would order this new complete recoil assembly for your old style PM9 as u have the 3/8" flat washer looking peace that goes against that barrel lug and kahr made a change to that a few years back to 1/2". save the old assembly, as the springs and end cap will all interchange..

also u can go to wolfs gunsprings and order the outter recoil spring which is all u ever need to replace . lower in price and they offer it in 2 poundages. the 20.5# is a nice set up IMO.

First thing to do though is shoot the fokker like u stole it, get it 100%reliable then proceed. Nice gun, IMO khars best. I callit the blunt nose PMJ9