PDA

View Full Version : pignose

b4uqzme
08-10-2013, 09:06 AM
I was watching this Yankee Marshall video about his Glock "pignose" problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGhsyh3Gvrc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgD93xd1KaokQWJ96woH-AA

It made me think about all the posts I've read here where some hot-under-the-collar member was having a problem with his pistol and stated something like; "I shouldn't have to do this to a new $xxx gun!" Well to you I say have some tolerance. Life's not perfect. You just may HAVE to do that to your new gun (any brand) if you want it to work right and be your reliable companion. It's not just a Kahr or any other brand issue. Move forward.

Thanks for giving me a forum to get that off my chest.

wyntrout
08-10-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm used to making minor... usually... adjustments to new or used pistols that I've acquired. I'm not always neat, but I like to do what I can myself. I definitely don't like shipping my pistols off, though I have done that more than most with Kahrs.

I liked his tinfoil hat... reminded me of a certain guy up in Washington State!

I need to go check my Glocks! Of course, I have a heat gun.

Wynn:D

jocko
08-10-2013, 12:29 PM
I was watching this Yankee Marshall video about his Glock "pignose" problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGhsyh3Gvrc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgD93xd1KaokQWJ96woH-AA

It made me think about all the posts I've read here where some hot-under-the-collar member was having a problem with his pistol and stated something like; "I shouldn't have to do this to a new $xxx gun!" Well to you I say have some tolerance. Life's not perfect. You just may HAVE to do that to your new gun (any brand) if you want it to work right and be your reliable companion. It's not just a Kahr or any other brand issue. Move forward.

Thanks for giving me a forum to get that off my chest.

to callum BLUNT NOSE Glocks like early model PMJ9 khars. The best of the best...I didn't know they made the G22 in the U.S. big score.:Amflag2::Amflag2:

yqtszhj
08-10-2013, 05:14 PM
WHEN YOU SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY FOR A GLOCK YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO STRAIGHTEN THE FRAME!!!!!! ALL GLOCKS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE PERFECT!!!

just sayin... ;)

ltxi
08-10-2013, 06:02 PM
WHEN YOU SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY FOR A GLOCK YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO STRAIGHTEN THE FRAME!!!!!! ALL GLOCKS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE PERFECT!!!

just sayin... ;)

They don't need to be perfect. They just have to run fine right out of the box. Glocks are like properly installed residential sewer lines. Unless you do something really stupid like attempting to dispose of a dead Chihuahua down the toilet they should run fine for well over 30 plus years.

jocko
08-10-2013, 06:05 PM
ur both right.....Iwould doubt if that video in heating that dust cover was ever really an issue, other than cosmetic looking, which for me I never would have noticed it...

ltxi
08-10-2013, 06:37 PM
The more I thought about this the more I developed this nagging concern. I'm leaving on an extended road trip to Maine in a week and my truck's console gun is a G23. It's a second Gen I've had for pushing 20 years maybe and it's always worked fine, but.....

Worried now about possible, latent pignose induced malfunction when I'd need the gun most passing through Topeka I tripped over the baby gate and skinned my knee rushing out to check it.

No pignose, TG!

And my 40 y/o sewer line is working just fine as well.

yqtszhj
08-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Glocks like sewer lines huh?

Hey, since your 40 year old lines are ok I don't have a dead Chihuahua to flush but can I send you my neighbors cat that walks on my car at night?

b4uqzme
08-10-2013, 08:34 PM
They don't need to be perfect. They just have to run fine right out of the box. Glocks are like properly installed residential sewer lines. Unless you do something really stupid like attempting to dispose of a dead Chihuahua down the toilet they should run fine for well over 30 plus years.

So that's what happened to old Diego. Miss that pup.

O'Dell
08-10-2013, 10:45 PM

That hasn't been true with the Glocks in my family [my son] but it has been true of my Kahrs, S&W's, SIGs, HK's, and Springfields. BTW, my son's been a LEO for fifteen years and before his injury, was a chief. He's a Glock armorer and teaches pistol shooting at the Georgia law enforcement academy.

pappy42
08-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Pig nose,pig nose, is there an old blues singer in the house?

muggsy
08-11-2013, 07:31 AM
The Yankee Marshal seems more like a whiney ass liberal than a grown ass man. Probably something in the water. I'm sure that he considers me to be a crabby ass old man. I am. :)

Tinman507
08-11-2013, 08:12 AM
hh81LMz1sPo

jocko
08-11-2013, 10:16 AM
The Yankee Marshal seems more like a whiney ass liberal than a grown ass man. Probably something in the water. I'm sure that he considers me to be a crabby ass old man. I am. :)

sure of the old man part but \I think the utter parts fits u well.:Amflag2:

jocko
08-11-2013, 10:20 AM
that was a great movie, I would have enjoyed the retakes alot more though. I bet they were sometimes raw. three great actors there and I don't mean AnnMargaret either, course I wouldnot kick her out of bed unless (u guys know the rest of the sentence).

muggsy
08-12-2013, 01:03 PM
The new Gen 4 Glocks had a lot of problems when they first came out. Recoil springs for the .40s were installed in the nines causing feeding problems. The Gen 4's also had trigger and ejection problems. Most of the problems have been eliminated in current production guns, but contrary to Glock perfection, nothing is perfect in every respect.

OnTime
08-12-2013, 02:10 PM

I have a plumbing company if anyone needs those sewer lines fixed! Can't do much for the Glocks though................

b4uqzme
08-12-2013, 02:57 PM
I have a plumbing company if anyone needs those sewer lines fixed! Can't do much for the Glocks though................

That's good to know. I got more toilets than glocks. Just sayin'.

wyntrout
08-12-2013, 03:27 PM
The recoil spring in my new G21 SF seems to work until I try to remove the slide and then the flanged end is ALWAYS the next level up(down in normal position) and I have to lift up on the spring/rod to get the slide off. The recoil spring/rod have the same # as the spare I bought for it. It's kind of aggravating. I don't know if the detent/shelf on the barrel is milled properly... or the cheap plastic rod is defective.:rolleyes:

2 1/2 baths... 3 toilets... 3 1/2 Glocks!

Wynn:)