PDA

View Full Version : Monarch 9mm FMJ

border bandit32
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
anybody tried this ammo in their Kahr's, I bought some from Academy. I bet it is gonna be real dirty ammo!!

Lobo_79
09-13-2009, 04:10 PM
anybody tried this ammo in their Kahr's, I bought some from Academy. I bet it is gonna be real dirty ammo!!

It's not that bad actually; about on par with Federals. If I have a choice I prefer WWB but I've shot a lot of Monarch in my PM9. I also shoot it in my Beretta 92FS and my HK P2000 with good (read: acceptable) results. I've had at least one round that seemed like it only had half the power. When it went off it was funny watching the action on my Beretta operating almost in slow motion. This round probably would have resulted in a FTE condition in my PM9 but it worked okay in the Beretta.

Sometimes you just can't get anything else...

border bandit32
09-13-2009, 04:34 PM
It's not that bad actually; about on par with Federals. If I have a choice I prefer WWB but I've shot a lot of Monarch in my PM9. I also shoot it in my Beretta 92FS and my HK P2000 with good (read: acceptable) results. I've had at least one round that seemed like it only had half the power. When it went off it was funny watching the action on my Beretta operating almost in slow motion. This round probably would have resulted in a FTE condition in my PM9 but it worked okay in the Beretta.

Sometimes you just can't get anything else...

Ain't that the truth!

shipwreck
09-14-2009, 05:32 AM
I have read many complaints about its low power not cycling some brands of guns. I avoid it.