PDA

View Full Version : Get together

berettabone
08-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Well, I've gotten the shooting muffs out.................getting prepared for the HUMONGOUS Harley event coming to my area on Labor Day.............got nothing against most bikers or Harley's, but listening to those Maytag's for a week gets a bit annoying.:p

addictedhealer
08-24-2013, 08:58 PM
I hear that, can't understand why every Harley has to be so loud.

deadeye
08-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Totally agree. Loud Harleys and loud guns are disgusting. It must revert back to prime evil man's insecurity and inability to cope with reality.
OOPS! Ignore this post. I have both.

xsailer
08-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Totally agree. Loud Harleys and loud guns are disgusting. It must revert back to prime evil man's insecurity and inability to cope with reality.
OOPS! Ignore this post. I have both.

Question?? You have Loud Harleys and guns or insecurity and inability?? Maybe all?

<grin>

deadeye
08-25-2013, 08:43 AM
All the above. And I'm not even a liberal. I am trying hard to become secure and develop ability. Reading many of the posts on here is really helping. Life is so rough.

hogsnguns
08-25-2013, 09:05 AM
What? please speak up! I can't hear you from ridin' my Harley and shootin' my guns! By the way, I am going to Wisconsin on Labor Day for a hugh Harley meet!!!

muggsy
08-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Why they gotta take the baffles out baffles me.

Popeye
08-26-2013, 04:51 AM
I have both also. Love my Harley, and love my guns. Harley isn't stock but it's not loud either. Few things I've learned through the years is stay away from bike weeks and certain gun ranges. With my Harley it's always been about the ride, not who I can piss off or act like a fool in front of. As the pic shows I've been known to stop for ice cream along the way a time or two.:D

CJB
08-26-2013, 04:54 AM
For all those who dislike loud Harley's... I hope you pick on the ratty fart can tiny 4 banger car crowd, and the chain saw wannabe zip-bike crowd. I hope you pick on smokers who light up when the breeze is blowin' your way. And lets not forget the disgusting folks down the street that let their dog crap in their own front yard in front of God and everyone. I mean who wants to see THAT on the way to work. Lets go after those who pick their nose in public, even if they don't eat it. All ball scratching is not to be tolorated, and just to be fair, ladies can't scratch their balls either, even if they do have 'em, and some ladies do. Y'know that gal down the road that wears her skirt too short and reeks of smelly stuff when she drives by? Have a word with her. And the guy that parks his car on the street so his daughter can park hers in the driveway... you bettter have a word with him too.

But don't, and I mean don't.... have a word with me about the decibel level of my motorcycle.

Where has all the liberal feel good tolerance gone.... tsk tsk tsk.

[img]

downtownv
08-26-2013, 05:01 AM
As a HD owner, I beleive these loud, short straight pipes are causing a lot of noise ordinances in small towns and cities. Unsuspecting tour guys passing thru are looking at big fines and WE were the ones that caused it. I run Vance and Hines and B Rhineharts.
Keep your baffles in them, it's loud enough.....

downtownv
08-26-2013, 05:26 AM
I have both also. Love my Harley, and love my guns. Harley isn't stock but it's not loud either. Few things I've learned through the years is stay away from bike weeks and certain gun ranges. With my Harley it's always been about the ride, not who I can piss off or act like a fool in front of. As the pic shows I've been known to stop for ice cream along the way a time or two.:D
Funny when i first started riding early 70's, We used to go to "Biker Bars"
Now we visit Ice Cream Stands and Coffee Shops! I guess we all have to grow up at some point.....:cool:

RevRay
08-26-2013, 05:44 AM
I don't go to ice cream bars or hang with girls that do ... except of course my wife ... who keeps me honest ... honest.

Popeye
08-26-2013, 05:56 AM
Yea I guess downtown. I remember one time I was down in Daytona for bike week. I was inside the Iron Horse Saloon. I looked around a one point and asked myself WITF am I doing here? I thought this is BS. I knew right then, and there it would be my last bike week. I'd much rather get on the bike with the OL or with a couple buds pick a route, a destination and follow the front wheel. There is just to many places to see and go to be in one area watching guys acting like pirates for a week.

xsailer
08-26-2013, 07:13 AM
For all those who dislike loud Harley's... I hope you pick on the ratty fart can tiny 4 banger car crowd, and the chain saw wannabe zip-bike crowd. I hope you pick on smokers who light up when the breeze is blowin' your way. And lets not forget the disgusting folks down the street that let their dog crap in their own front yard in front of God and everyone. I mean who wants to see THAT on the way to work. Lets go after those who pick their nose in public, even if they don't eat it. All ball scratching is not to be tolorated, and just to be fair, ladies can't scratch their balls either, even if they do have 'em, and some ladies do. Y'know that gal down the road that wears her skirt too short and reeks of smelly stuff when she drives by? Have a word with her. And the guy that parks his car on the street so his daughter can park hers in the driveway... you bettter have a word with him too.

But don't, and I mean don't.... have a word with me about the decibel level of my motorcycle.

[img]

Of all the "Disturbing" instances you named I wouldn't have to stop my conversation so it could be heard, while in my house, or quick turn the TV up so I can hear the words or calm the baby back to sleep or whatever just because a DECIBEL is driving by intruding on others space..that HAVE no choice but to listen. I ride also.
"tsk tsk tsk".
I don't like SUB-WOOFERS at stop lights or driving by my house every 5 mins either.

Just my opinion.........I don't bother you, you don't bother me.:amflag:

wyntrout
08-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Dang! Y'all shouldn't be talkin' about Harley's and ice cream... painful memory for Jocko. He had a painful experience with a dumpster full of discarded ice cream that melted and run onto the highway... wasn't real funny when he took a bad slide.:eek: His PM9 didn't get hurt, though, but how could you tell... his PMJ ain't very pretty!:rolleyes:

Wynn:D

Tinman507
08-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Rumor has it...that is how Jocko got his local nickname

http://flyingwairport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mister-softee1.jpg

deadeye
08-26-2013, 07:46 PM
I think I finally see the light. I am going to sell my loud Harley and CM9. Use the money to buy a Government Motors Cheebie Volt (battery power), quiet, and a water gun. The neighbor's knockout wife has promised to wear more when she is outside. The world is good.

xsailer
08-26-2013, 10:07 PM
deadeye,
You're not going Liberal too are you?

MikeyKahr
08-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Rumor has it...that is how Jocko got his local nickname

http://flyingwairport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mister-softee1.jpg

Ouch!

berettabone
08-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Shutting down the Maytag noise isn't being Liberal............it's being respectful.......there is a difference. Don't really care about all the other stuff mentioned, I can't get away from the noise. I realize that sometimes noise = manhood for some. They complain about the boom box cars, then pull their Maytag out.

berettabone
08-27-2013, 09:12 AM
yea i guess downtown. I remember one time i was down in daytona for bike week. I was inside the iron horse saloon. I looked around a one point and asked myself witf am i doing here? I thought this is bs. I knew right then, and there it would be my last bike week. I'd much rather get on the bike with the ol or with a couple buds pick a route, a destination and follow the front wheel. There is just to many places to see and go to be in one area watching guys acting like pirates for a week.
amen..............................

deadeye
08-27-2013, 10:52 AM
deadeye,
You're not going Liberal too are you?

I have always been willing to try anything once. But I do draw the line at becoming liberal. That is just too far out. Just for conversation sake, I do have baffles in my Harley exhaust.:)

Tilos
08-27-2013, 10:57 AM
arrrr
They need to have hang belley contests at bike weeks and maybe an under dresssed old hags contest too.

Think of the possibilties, Worst Shrivelled up tatoo, most fadded tats, oldest hag with the longest breasts, biggest tooth gap, prettriest gums, biggest chain drive wallet, fattest old hag, dirtiest do rag, furthest travelled in a car, non-bike owners best biker look, best old biker/grand daughter couple ...endless:D

berettabone
08-27-2013, 11:27 AM
arrrr
They need to have hang belley contests at bike weeks and maybe an under dresssed old hags contest too.

Think of the possibilties, Worst Shrivelled up tatoo, most fadded tats, oldest hag with the longest breasts, biggest tooth gap, prettriest gums, biggest chain drive wallet, fattest old hag, dirtiest do rag, furthest travelled in a car, non-bike owners best biker look, best old biker/grand daughter couple ...endless:D
Don't forget who can stay upright the longest in 90 degree weather still wearing their leather.....................

RevRay
08-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Wow ... and to think of all the things I've been missing.

xsailer
08-27-2013, 11:54 AM
I have always been willing to try anything once. But I do draw the line at becoming liberal. That is just too far out. Just for conversation sake, I do have baffles in my Harley exhaust.:)

Baffles in....yaa. You can drive me house anytime. No sub-woofers?

I also will try anything once....well, not base jumping or wing flying. Even if was younger, I'm smarter than that.

berettabone,
Been seeing some of that already. WOW!

bob

deadeye
08-27-2013, 02:50 PM
I do have sub woofers. They are mounted to my training wheels. Saw a commercial for Vespa scooters today. Thought some of you proper folks might like the thrill of riding without compromising your good taste OR offending your ears. BB guns are fairly quiet too. Just tryin' to help.

getsome
08-27-2013, 03:01 PM
You know those flags air crews paint on the nose of their aircraft to indicate an enemy shoot down???... Well I got several of those on the front fender of my pickup shaped like scooters.....:cool:

Tilos
08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Dam it, I forgot the bald guy with the longest ponytail and bonus points if he has a Fu-man-chu stash;)

Double points if that stash goes up to were his long gone sideburns used to be:cool:

RevRay
08-27-2013, 05:12 PM
What about a prize for who's gone the longest without a bath. Or who can grease their wheels with hair residue. Or are all my ideas based purely on what I've seen in movies?

deadeye
08-27-2013, 05:43 PM
No Rev it is real. It is so hard for us more refined and sensitive people to understand. It is so nice to know I don't have any bad habits or do anything to irritate people. What a wonderful world it would be if everyone was just like me.

RevRay
08-27-2013, 06:17 PM
My sentiments exactly. How hard is that to understand, really?

CJB
08-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Yea I guess downtown. I remember one time I was down in Daytona for bike week. I was inside the Iron Horse Saloon. I looked around a one point and asked myself WITF am I doing here? I thought this is BS. I knew right then, and there it would be my last bike week. I'd much rather get on the bike with the OL or with a couple buds pick a route, a destination and follow the front wheel. There is just to many places to see and go to be in one area watching guys acting like pirates for a week.

The crowd at the Iron Horse are mostly a bunch of wannabees. Daytona has gone the way of the *********, and the only real biker bar left is called "The Last Resort" which is down closer to Port Orange - which by the way - has Florida Gun Exchange a great LGS, right across the street. Did my heart good to see bros crossing six lanes of traffic to buy a gun, loading it while they crossed the road, and hangin' at The Last Resort.

That bar is one place I've seen the AOA, Black Pistons, Mongols, Booze Fighters, and just about any M/C except the HA's hang together, and not one bit of trouble ever.

The Iron Horse....forget - except - if you want to catch the show, or a local band in the afternoons. Best show in Daytona is usually at a place called "The Bank" - only because I say its good, and I love blues music, which is what the place is. Froggies, Boot Hill, etc etc... sort of a mixed crowd.

CJB
08-27-2013, 07:10 PM
FWIW, I was detained in Ocean Ridge Fl, for "straight pipes" - given ... try to remember... loud pipes, no insurance, improper safety equipment, no license, no registration... ah... and the blue dot on my tail light. Bike was impounded for about two hours. I was detained... oh... an hour and a half for traffic stop, but I wanted to walk and not complain, rather than be right from behind bars.

Judge through every charge away when I went to court rather than just pay all the tickets. My buddy with the city got the impound reduced, and... the cop eventually was fired.

Loud pipes - no decibel meter, tossed
Improper safety equipment - my helmet has steer horns, and I'm not legally required to wear a helmet
No Insurance - Florida does not require insurance, or optionally only medical coverage if you choose not to wear a helmet. With the latter, no proof is required.
No license - forgot wallet
No registration - ditto
Blue light - judge thought it was cool, and a good idea to stand out in the sea of tail lights

So they all got tossed. Enough bikers complained that the judge issued an order to the town - you bring ONE more loud pipe case to me with no evidence, and he would lock up the Chief of Police and the issuing Officer for contempt. That order was issued in writing, and verbally, and the cop just about crapped his pants when the judge told him to get out of his courtroom - when the cop tried to talk back to the judge. Judges don't like to be back talked ...!!!!

CJB
08-27-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.abatepalmbeach.com/images/733_08-18-13_006.jpg

You can see me there, as I'm the one standing next to Slo-Motion

Popeye
08-28-2013, 06:04 AM
CJB
Been to all those bars in Daytona except for the Last resort. The last biker bar I can remember being in was down at Myrtle Beach called SUCK,BANG,BLOW. Jean and I and a another couple rode the bikes down the coast from PA. to Myrtle Beach Bike week for a couple days about 6/7 years back. I liked MB as there was a lot of good riding in that area along RT 17. That and Jean and I like Chillin out taking midnight walks along the beach at the end of the day. It was just a couple day way stop more than a destination for Dan and I, but the wives liked it. Especially Charleston. When we left MB my buddy Dan and I put the wives on an Airplane for home, and we rode across state for the Tail Of the Dragon. NC/Tenna. border. Wives didn't want anything to do with the Tail of the Dragon (US RT 129). Fours day later we finally made it home after riding through some beautiful country side making the route up as we rode along. We really didn't need to be in a hurry. It's really a shame the Crotch Rocket Bike week Crowd( trying my best to be PC here ) at MB had to screw it all up for everyone with there need to pretty much trash the town, and act like total obnoxious POS..:mad:
Now I might do a local bike night in the area from time to time but that has become the same old same old, as I don't give darn about the chrome on anyone's bike, or what kind of pipes they run, or how much HP there bike has. I want to hear about where there bike has been other than the garage, so maybe if I haven't been there, I can plan a ride there if it sounds like a good time.
Maybe I'm just getting old, and set in my ways, and now appreciate different things, but I realized about 8+/-years back I needed to leave bike weeks to the newer bikers or guys/girls who still like bar hoping, getting crazy and talking $h!T. I think the thing that turns me off the most with bike weeks of today it the lack of respect biker have for one another, but then want to talk all this Brother sh!+ in your ear.:cool:

TheTman
08-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Loud pipes do save lives. Many people can't see us, but they can damn sure hear us. It's nice when someone tries to change lanes into your lane, to goose the motor and let the pipes ring out. Most horns that come on bikes just don't do the trick. Now they have some aftermarket Air Horns that will about make you crap your pants if someone honks next to you.
I don't have the loudest pipes, nor the quietest. When I'm at a motel or something, I am not one of those people that get up at 6:00 am and start revving their bikes to wake up the crew. I find this very annoying myself. I try to keep it as quiet as possible in neighborhoods. I guess it comes down to whether you like the sound of a well tuned Harley getting on the throttle, or not. Some people are all about me, me, me, and have to show off their toy and how loud they've made it, while others are like it's no big deal. In my experience, it's the newer riders that have to make a show of how loud they can be. Us older guys know and don't care. Or else someone has changed their exhaust and is experimenting.

muggsy
08-28-2013, 02:15 PM

[img]

What I don't understand CJB is why you wear ear protection when you shoot your Kahr and then damage everyone else's hearing when you ride your bike. I guess that common courtesy isn't all that common. And by the fokken way, just because you are free to do something doesn't mean that you should. Try respecting the rights of others and maybe you and your Harley will find yourselves more welcome in more places. That's all that I have to say on the subject. Nothing personal.

berettabone
08-28-2013, 03:37 PM
What I don't understand CJB is why you wear ear protection when you shoot your Kahr and then damage everyone else's hearing when you ride your bike. I guess that common courtesy isn't all that common. And by the fokken way, just because you are free to do something doesn't mean that you should. Try respecting the rights of others and maybe you and your Harley will find yourselves more welcome in more places. That's all that I have to say on the subject. Nothing personal.
People are leaving my town for the weekend as we speak...............What I don't understand, is why must most of them look like they only shower once a month whether needed or not? No offense.

Bawanna
08-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey, hey, hey, dirty people need love too. Don't be hatin.

Maybe they are like me and don't like getting wet.

Maybe it's all about the greasy biker image.

CJB
08-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Well here's the thing.... I don't ride through your bedroom, or your living room, or your back yard. I ride out in the street. If you were on the widewalk, I might be 40 or 50 feet from you for a breif moment in time. I'm not damaging your hearing. You're just annoyed. Your offended. And you don't like it, and.... you're going to do something about it, if you only could. Here's what's more - if you go to a biker event, or just pass one real close, and you don't like the noise, then do like folks do who are spectators at a gun range, take some precautions, or leave. Riding down the road, with me on the bike, I can hear other stuff, cars, busses, trains, rice rockets.... that are louder than me.

The rights of others, to not be annoyed, or not be offended, stops at their front door. Out in public, things are gonna piss you off from time to time. You can get all mouthy and self important, or you can put on your big boy diapers and take it like a big boy, because you're not getting hurt, you're just getting annoyed, and offended, and pissed off and your tired of having to take it.

Tough.

There is no constitutional right to not be offended. Something somebody is gonna do, someplace on this earth every second of the day is gonna piss you off. Get over it.

The absolute lunacy with don't offend me... jeeze. I was in the mens room, at work. We got some office worker soft hands types working there. I go in, walk up to the urinal, whip it out, begin to pee, and let out a real blubbery sphincter slappin' crotch rippin fart that lasted for about 5 seconds. From the stall... where a soft hands guy is takin' a dump comes "DO YOU MIND? CAN'T YOU DO THAT OUTSIDE??!!!!" And he meant it. My fart offended him while he was taking a crap. He thought he had the right to not be offended, and actually filed a complaint with management, which then sent around a reminder about bathroom manners. What? Yah. Its as BS as the argument I quoted above.

Nothing personal.

downtownv
08-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Loud pipes save lives...VERY loud pipes pisses people off. To me , no problem. To my neighbors at 12 midnight or 5 am not gonna make you so popular.
Born to be wild!

deadeye
08-28-2013, 06:48 PM
I just ordered a 30" glasspack muffler for my Kahr. It was made for a Car but that is close. It may look a little odd but the noise won't offend anyone, I'm sure. Pelosi and Feinstein will probably think it looks "deadly" and confiscate it. Hell, you can't please everyone. You got to please yousef.
I got stopped by a new county mounty a couple years ago for loud pipes. The sheriff tore the ticket up. Said "We are not going to start this crap." Sheriff has a Maytag.

muggsy
08-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Well here's the thing.... I don't ride through your bedroom, or your living room, or your back yard. I ride out in the street. If you were on the widewalk, I might be 40 or 50 feet from you for a breif moment in time. I'm not damaging your hearing. You're just annoyed. Your offended. And you don't like it, and.... you're going to do something about it, if you only could. Here's what's more - if you go to a biker event, or just pass one real close, and you don't like the noise, then do like folks do who are spectators at a gun range, take some precautions, or leave. Riding down the road, with me on the bike, I can hear other stuff, cars, busses, trains, rice rockets.... that are louder than me.

The rights of others, to not be annoyed, or not be offended, stops at their front door. Out in public, things are gonna piss you off from time to time. You can get all mouthy and self important, or you can put on your big boy diapers and take it like a big boy, because you're not getting hurt, you're just getting annoyed, and offended, and pissed off and your tired of having to take it.

Tough.

There is no constitutional right to not be offended. Something somebody is gonna do, someplace on this earth every second of the day is gonna piss you off. Get over it.

The absolute lunacy with don't offend me... jeeze. I was in the mens room, at work. We got some office worker soft hands types working there. I go in, walk up to the urinal, whip it out, begin to pee, and let out a real blubbery sphincter slappin' crotch rippin fart that lasted for about 5 seconds. From the stall... where a soft hands guy is takin' a dump comes "DO YOU MIND? CAN'T YOU DO THAT OUTSIDE??!!!!" And he meant it. My fart offended him while he was taking a crap. He thought he had the right to not be offended, and actually filed a complaint with management, which then sent around a reminder about bathroom manners. What? Yah. Its as BS as the argument I quoted above.

Nothing personal.

Here's the thing. For 18 years of my life I worked the third shift and slept during the day. Not by choice, but to feed my family. Whenever some inconsiderate S.O.B would ride by my home with the baffles on his Harley removed, I didn't get upset. In fact I always offer them a can of beer. How fast they were traveling determined how much I lead them by. I'm what you'd call a peace loving guy. I haven't shot anyone since 1968. Drive carefully. :)

CJB
08-28-2013, 07:07 PM
In Florida, if you tossed a beer at a biker, he'd have the legal right to use deadly force against his assailant. There is a thing in Florida called the Deadly Missile" law, and it covers any sort of projectile thrown at a home or vehicle.

Thanks for the bravado though.

muggsy
08-28-2013, 07:14 PM
In Florida, if you tossed a beer at a biker, he'd have the legal right to use deadly force against his assailant. There is a thing in Florida called the Deadly Missile" law, and it covers any sort of projectile thrown at a home or vehicle.

Thanks for the bravado though.

Guess you didn't see the smiley face, CJB. Just bustin' yer balls. Kinda make ya think, don't it?

xsailer
08-28-2013, 07:29 PM
CJB,
Tough? Sounds like a tough guy approach to a situation you are responsible for but because you like the noise then...Tough. Even if others don't. By now you've already driven by and have stopped numerous conversations, train of thought, etc. Honestly CJB, do you think the on lookers are looking at your beautiful bike driving by when really they're looking yet another rude biker interrupting their conversation, so much so that there is no way to continue talking with their partner until the wonderful noise has driven by. I've been in business meetings, conversing with friends at a stop light, letting my wife sleep late because she's been up all night, talking over the fence with a neighbor, get woken in the middle of the night or woken when the neighbor warms up his straight pipe Harley in the early morning, miss parts of TV shows I'm listening to, roll up the car window when riding next a noise, when we have to stop talking and wait until we can hear each other again.
Please note I rode for years and know just how much fun it is to ride. It was a (quiet) blast. <grin> Also note, honestly, I'm not attacking you personally even though I wrote "you" and used your name. Just was easy to form an answer. I'm just sounding off as you did, voicing an opinion. "It's not personal". I just couldn't bring myself to say "tough".

It may be my upbringing since I was taught at an early age to not bother other people with my fun.
Your toilet episode is, as you said, B.S. and memo writer & complainer has a small mind and I would be tempted to share another with him.

CJB
08-28-2013, 08:12 PM
1. The GM is known as the chicken-head for a reason.

2. I honestly don't care if folks look at me, or what they think. I keep my eyes ahead, and occasionally look in the mirrors. At traffic lights, I do nothing but stare ahead, not at people, but do - like when riding - check the mirrors too.

I hate the sound of screamin' kids. I hate ghetto music. I hate cars and trucks that spew smoke from their exhaust. I really don't like it when the guy next to me is texting while driving - which is still legal here (for a while at least). Lots of stuff pisses me off. Sucks to be me, sucks to be you, sucks to be human.

We all can't live our lives just to please those who think they deserve a non-agrivating world to live in. I'm sure the cave men used to get pissed off. Ogg didn't like it when Thag wore his loin cloth too low and turned to the side. Really pissed him off. Didn't know what the world was coming to. Then again, there is a reason the back end of a Stegosaurus is called "The Thagomizer", named after the late Thag Simmons. I guess caveman tolerance wasn't a big virtue, and somehow Ogg got ol' Steggy to do the dirty work.

deadeye
08-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Isn't it a funny world. I've heard thru the grapevine that people who own guns piss a lot of people off. Of course that is different. Isn't it?

xsailer
08-28-2013, 09:08 PM
"I hate the sound of screamin' kids. I hate ghetto music. I hate cars and trucks that spew smoke from their exhaust. I really don't like it when the guy next to me is texting while driving -xxxxx"

I heartily agree with, at least, all of your quoted statement above. In fact, THE reason I finally gave up my ride was 3 very close calls with girls driving on the freeway on a damn cell phone. Came so close to "ending" it I parked it for two years and finally sold it. It hurt to do it but not as bad a two previous fall offs.
As usual, they didn't even know they ran me off the Hwy.

bob

muggsy
08-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Isn't it a funny world. I've heard thru the grapevine that people who own guns piss a lot of people off. Of course that is different. Isn't it?

Owning a gun is a constitutional right. You do not have a constitutional right to be an obnoxious ******* on a motorcycle. You don't have a constitutional right to blast ghetto music that can be heard three blocks away. If you want to be in that class then pull the baffles out of your mufflers. Respect is a two way street.

berettabone
08-29-2013, 08:48 AM
I don't know how it is in other parts of the country, but................I live about a half hour ride from THE Harley Davidson. We have A LOT of Maytag's up here. I understand how it is to ride, because I did it myself in my younger days. If my wife wouldn't keep using the words organ donor, heck, i'd probably still have a bike, but out of respect and her worry, I don't. Up here, all the riders want to do, is cruise the streets at 15 mph, and they wonder why they get run off the road. Go out in the country if you want to cruise, why cruise in the city? If you want to find a Maytag up here, just go to a tavern. Seems like tavern hopping is a big thing. I guess that they haven't figured out yet that booze and bikes don't mix very well. I learned that lesson young in life. We have motorcycle accidents up here all of the time, and they want to blame the driver for running them off the road, then they find out that the biker was under the influence. I have a Maytag downstairs that I can run any time day or night, and it doesn't bother anyone. It's kind of like, if I took the muffler off of my lawn mower. Is it my right? Yes. Is it illegal? No. Out of respect for my neighbors, I leave it on. Sometimes, you just have to think about others, out of respect. This I don't give 2 @#^&*% about what others think just doesn't fly in certain circumstances. They huddle together at the local fairs, and don't let anyone by, unless they walk around..........won't even move for a little old lady. Want respect? Want people to look at you with a different attitude? Lose a bit of the biker mentality, and maybe, you'll be looked at in a different light, and maybe the noise factor won't be as big of an issue. I don't have this aimed at anyone in particular...........just from what I see every day. Don't gun it in residential neighborhoods.....go out in the country. I have met some Harley owners, and they seemed to be very nice people. But a lot of them have that wgas attitude....doesn't help their case.

deadeye
08-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Owning a gun is a constitutional right. You do not have a constitutional right to be an obnoxious ******* on a motorcycle. You don't have a constitutional right to blast ghetto music that can be heard three blocks away. If you want to be in that class then pull the baffles out of your mufflers. Respect is a two way street.

I didn't say anything about the constitution. We were talking about irritation not the constitution. People owning guns irritates the hell out of a lot of people constitution or not. Of course we all know that is SILLY don't we. I try not to irritate anyone when I can. But it's not not going to control something I enjoy doing because it "irritates" somebody who surely has no irritating habits themselves?