PDA

View Full Version : Holster options for Crimson Trace LG-437?

jimmer
09-13-2009, 09:36 PM
I have recently ordered the LG-437 for my PM40 should be here soon, and now I need a new holster, I currently carry IWB w/no cant Galco j clip holster that I like just fine, rear of my right hip and extra mag in pocket. What I’m looking for is IWB holster for LG-437 w/a mag pocket built in so I don’t have extra mag flopping around in my pocket, and stiff enough that I don’t need two hands to re-holster. I realize CT laser is new and not many options out there, don’t really want to spend the $ for a custom built. Any leads would be appreciated, Thank you.

drober30
09-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Mr Softy (http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Mr_Softy/_mr_softy.html)

This is what I use. Holds the gun good but it is not easy to re-holster. Maybe its not stiff enough holding its shape as my belt pushes it against my body. I could stand to lose a few pounds too!

Works for now and accommodates the LG-437.

Ol'coot
09-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Question for everyone that has the Crimson Trace LG-437 on their PM9, How much did the addition of this laser affect the manner in which you grip the gun, I have large hands and would love to add the laser tp my PM9094NA but I am very concerned how it would impact my grip. I find the grip fit my hand very well with the Pearce extension installed on the flush magazine without my pinky has no where to go.

drober30
09-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I don't even feel it. I say try it out!

I just noticed their out of stock on the web site, not that I would buy it direct because you can get it cheaper elsewhere, but does prove it's a demand item.

johnh
09-15-2009, 08:38 PM
I know that Crossbreed Holsters (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com) has rigs for the Crimson Trace. Drop them a line and they will get you fixed up. I have holsters from them for nearly all of my pistols and find them very comfortable, in particular if you carry for long periods of time. The leather backer makes for a soft surface against your skin, while the kydex and hook designs help secure the pistol while distributing weight. I realize Kahrs are far from heavy, but every little bit helps--in particular for skinny guys like me!

John

Cappy
09-16-2009, 08:40 AM
I have recently ordered the LG-437 for my PM40 should be here soon, and now I need a new holster, I currently carry IWB w/no cant Galco j clip holster that I like just fine, rear of my right hip and extra mag in pocket. What I’m looking for is IWB holster for LG-437 w/a mag pocket built in so I don’t have extra mag flopping around in my pocket, and stiff enough that I don’t need two hands to re-holster. I realize CT laser is new and not many options out there, don’t really want to spend the $ for a custom built. Any leads would be appreciated, Thank you.

I picked up one of these at The Holster Store for $40 (#00 Pro Carry HD Crimson Trace Laserguard (http://www.theholsterstore.com/servlet/the-765/%2300-Pro-Carry-HD/Detail)). A little less money than Crossbreed, but I cannot say it is a better holster since I have not used the Crossbreed. The Holster Shop Holster is all leather and well made, but I see features of the Crossbreed that are nicer. ;)

Ol'coot
10-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Received my LG-437 today and mounted it to my PM9094NA all I can say is SWEET! I also received my crossbreed Mini-tuck a few days ago and it holds the PM9 well with or without the laser installed, very comfortable and very easy to conceal with my shirt tucked in and wearing dockers. I am very impress on how well the laser fits the trigger guard and how it has minimal noticed effect on the over all grip of the weapon even with my large hands. I do feel the Pearce Mag extensions really add to the ability to get a good solid grip. Now I can't wait to get to the range and try it out.

Photos Added

http://www.photographicendeavors.com/img/v7/p739655348-3.jpg

http://www.photographicendeavors.com/img/v3/p802788953-3.jpg

johnh
10-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Nice carry rig and neat setup with the CT! I really need to get my hands on a Crimson Trace for one of my Kahrs. There are so many members here with them I am becoming convinced that I have missed out on something by not trying them sooner.

John

geneinnc
10-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I know that Crossbreed Holsters (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com) has rigs for the Crimson Trace. Drop them a line and they will get you fixed up. I have holsters from them for nearly all of my pistols and find them very comfortable, in particular if you carry for long periods of time. The leather backer makes for a soft surface against your skin, while the kydex and hook designs help secure the pistol while distributing weight. I realize Kahrs are far from heavy, but every little bit helps--in particular for skinny guys like me!

John

John, do you own any of the slide stops? The quality looks pretty mediocre in the picture on their web page. I really want a belt holster if possible. My body & IWB just doesn't work.

thanks

Gene

geneinnc
10-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I talked to Kahr today. They just got an order of Rosen belt slide holsters molded on a CW9 WITH the Crimson Trace LG-437 attached. I ordered one & will report when I get it in and wear it a day,

hdawson
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
As I've posted before, I use the Mitch Rosen holster for my CW9 with the Crimson Trace. He does beautiful work and I forget that I'm carrying. The back of the holster says P9 but with a bit of stretching works great. It would also be my suggestion for those that dress a little nicer because of the fine leather and molding. Looks good. Not cheap.

Delirious
12-15-2009, 11:57 AM
I picked up one of these at The Holster Store for $40 (#00 Pro Carry HD Crimson Trace Laserguard (http://www.theholsterstore.com/servlet/the-765/%2300-Pro-Carry-HD/Detail)). A little less money than Crossbreed, but I cannot say it is a better holster since I have not used the Crossbreed. The Holster Shop Holster is all leather and well made, but I see features of the Crossbreed that are nicer. ;)

I took the advice and purchased from thehosterstore AKA the the gun store,inc. Puchased the PM40 holster with crimson trace. I ordered it and wasn't told it would take as long as it did to make. I was told that it would ship the next day, however after a week of waiting, I called and was told it was being made. They were not truthful and I felt baited so that I wouldn't cancel my order. I then asked for a tracking number by email 3 times after they said is was to be shipped on Dec. 1 and recieved no answers. So, I finally called and was told that it was shipped and that it must of been lost in the mail because they had problems with this in the past. I aksed for a refund and was told that would be done. Next I know, the tracking number appeared by email (finally) but only said a label was generated and no evidence of shipping (USPS). So, after speaking with the lady on the phone and after asking her to cancel my order, I placed a conflict resolution with paypal to be safe. On Dec. 15th, still no package (two weeks after they said is was sent) I still had no holster and was told by a member of the holster store that they would not refund my money by any means and I just had to wait until it showed up in the mail. Two weeks was enough. I called paypal and got my money back.

I tell all of you this so you can use caution from buying from theholsterstore.net. If you have and got your product, great. I didn't and it wasn't my fault and they were not sympathetic, didn't communicate well nor did they try to make it right. They told me to call USPS that it was sent. I asked them to follow up with them since they are the seller and shipper and they refused to take care of me. Buuyer beware of theholsterstore.net I guess you get what you pay for. In this case, I got nothing. I guess that teaches me to purchase from a second rate organization.

Took a month to get my money back. Good thing I paid with paypal. They even said something was fishy.

So, now that's over, what did you guys end up with and how happy are you with it? I am looking for a holster for the PM40 with crimson trace laser. Preferably IWB

wagon
12-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Dilirious, have you looked into Mitch Rosen Clipper (for CT)? KahrShop should have plenty, I have used their non-CT version of the Clipper, I REALLY REALLY like it.

Getting it from KahrShop = zero wait time (in stock) and 110% reliable.

Good luck

Delirious
12-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I would like that. I will try Kharshop.

geneinnc
12-15-2009, 01:14 PM
If Galco makes it, I buy it. I have been jacked around by all the small holster makers, usually the same problem you had. Since Optics Planet started selling Galco, they aren't much higher. The quality difference is night & day. I really don't think I could wear out a Galco problem in one lifetime. I bought a Rosen from Kahr, because they had one to fit my CW9 with the CT attached. Nice holster, but it just is not as comfortable on me as any of my Galco's.

Cocobolo
12-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I have a Crossbreed mini tuck holster for my pm9 with the ct laser also. It works great. I also have a pocket holster from Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX. (http://www.dmbullardleather.com/) which I sometimes use in the summer. Both work well.