PDA

View Full Version : Don Hume JIT

rkirk
04-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Three weeks ago I ordered a left handed Don Hume black JIT holster for my CW9 Kahr. I have been wearing the holster around the house on and off for the last several days. At first I was disappointed that the holster did not hold as close as I hoped. But as I continue carrying the CW9 I have to say the holster is very comfortable. Under a medium weight shirt the pistol is well covered. I used the holster today at the range and it is easy to draw and re-holster. All in all a good value for this inexpensive holster. I paid $23 dollars plus $7.50 for shipping from Gunnersalley.com.

-- Richard

In-Yo-Grill
04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
I have one that I use for several guns and it's a great holster for the range.

jlottmc
04-29-2010, 08:02 PM
I have a Don Hume I got with my P45, good holster, it will actually work for other stuff too, if I wanted to do that. I have no idea which model it is, but it works well enough for my purposes.

In-Yo-Grill
04-30-2010, 05:47 AM
I use the same JIT for my Browning HP, 1911's and Kahr P45.

rkirk
04-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks everyone, I have a BHP so I will give it a try next time I go to the range.

I have several excellent IWB holsters, but have issues with back pain when I wear IWB holsters. So I am researching OWB carry holsters. I have found a handy hollow in front of my left hip. So I am looking for a thin compact straight up no cant IWB. Anyone with such a holster I would like to hear about your experience. I am not crazy about pointing the muzzle into my body, so if you have appendix holsters with enough tilt to miss most of the body sound off. I would love to find the lefty version of IWB appendix holsters.

-- Richard

WMD
04-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone, I have a BHP so I will give it a try next time I go to the range.

I have several excellent IWB holsters, but have issues with back pain when I wear IWB holsters. So I am researching OWB carry holsters. I have found a handy hollow in front of my left hip. So I am looking for a thin compact straight up no cant IWB. Anyone with such a holster I would like to hear about your experience. I am not crazy about pointing the muzzle into my body, so if you have appendix holsters with enough tilt to miss most of the body sound off. I would love to find the lefty version of IWB appendix holsters.

-- Richard

rkirk,

I have a Don Hume IWB holster that is straight up with no cant. I wear it just behind the outermost part of my right hip. If I wear it right on the outer most part of my hip, it hurts! just behind or forward of that point and it is good for the day. I have no issues sitting, driving, etc. I have the gun on as I am writing this and I am sitting in a chair. (working from home today!) The leather on the holster has been formed to the gun and is quite easy to reholster the gun. I did put Mitch Rosen "Leather Lightening" on the inside of the holster when I first got it. I was concerned about the rough interior. I have now realized my concerns were in vain.

I like the DH holster because it is not as "thick" or wide as others, (e.g. Mitch Rosen). I wear this all day all the time and I do not even know its there!

Hope this helps! :)

rkirk
04-30-2010, 09:10 AM
WMD, thanks that is exactly the kind of information I hope to find. Do you know which model Don Hume you described and are wearing?

-- Richard