PDA

View Full Version : Colt ad from the 1950's

bob98366
08-30-2013, 11:33 AM
For the old timers. My dad bought the Sport Woodsman in the 1950's and I still have and shoot it.

downtownv
08-30-2013, 11:42 AM
I'll take one of each at those prices!

AJBert
08-30-2013, 06:59 PM
A fella came in today and somehow the conversation, as usual, turned to firearms. He said that he found an old magazine with a picture of his grandpa shaking the hand of a local parish sheriff. He decided to flip through the magazine and found an add where one could order a FA Thompson and have it delivered to your front door for $800. He said the date on the magazine was from 1941 (forget what month). I mentioned that I thought the NFA of '38 put an end to FA for the general public but he was very sure the date was '41.

Hmmmm, now I need to go read a bit and find out for myself.

muggsy
08-31-2013, 02:23 PM
My Uncle bought a Colt Woodsman, because he fell in love with the one he trained with as a Marine. After he bought it he fired exactly 10 rounds through it, cleaned it and put it away. It's in pristine condition in its original box with all of the paper work, owners manual and the factory target. He is going to pass it on to me one day.

jocko
08-31-2013, 03:02 PM
mighty fine gun u have there...

jocko
08-31-2013, 03:04 PM
mighty fine gun u have there... I kinda hate to hear that about ur uncle,, Muggsy, to me that means there is more of the muggsly clan around, than I originally thought!!! Just sayin

MW surveyor
08-31-2013, 03:15 PM
mighty fine gun u have there... I kinda hate to hear that about ur uncle,, Muggsy, to me that means there is more of the muggsly clan around, than I originally thought!!! Just sayin

Good one!:D

muggsy
09-01-2013, 10:05 AM

There are a lot fewer of us than there once was. Of my seven who uncles who served in WWII only two remain. John who served on Iwo and Okinawa and George who served in Africa and India. They are both in their 90's, so you can expect me to be around for awhile if'n I don't screw up. :)