PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear from Itxi? MIA for the past month....

downtownv
09-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Hope he's ok.

GROTMAN
09-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Maybe he's hanging out with JFootin somewhere

Bawanna
09-02-2013, 02:56 PM
He was on a road trip. Just posted this yesterday or the day before.

" My today's be happy, positive post.....just back today from a two week plus road trip to Maine, primarily, plus two day sister visit in Pennsylvania. Flew wife into Portland. Had a great five day NE vacation together. Then flew her back home. So aside from together, I got nine days on the road solo and she got her own kick back time at home. Life be good."

I emailed Jfootin, he is fine. He had to buy a new computer and expressed some fear of virus's he felt were from here but I'm assured did not come from here.

He says he's getting some additional security and then he'll be back.

I have virtually no protection and I'm ok. Well ok by my extremely low standards.

downtownv
09-02-2013, 03:08 PM

" My today's be happy, positive post.....just back today from a two week plus road trip to Maine, primarily, plus two day sister visit in Pennsylvania. Flew wife into Portland. Had a great five day NE vacation together. Then flew her back home. So aside from together, I got nine days on the road solo and she got her own kick back time at home. Life be good."

I emailed Jfootin, he is fine. He had to buy a new computer and expressed some fear of virus's he felt were from here but I'm assured did not come from here.

I have virtually no protection and I'm ok. Well ok by my extremely low standards.

AVG.Com anything free don't trust.
I sent him (JFootin) a pm myself, today....

RevRay
09-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I thought about taking him to task for not stopping by on the way to or from Maine. But then I figured he just wanted some time alone. But he's ok ... or so he says.

addictedhealer
09-02-2013, 03:52 PM

I have zero security on two computers. I seem to have more problems with spyware and anti virus programs. Stopped using them all together for two years and have had zero issues. I just don't visit sites I don't know and open emails from randoms.

So I second the kahrtalk is virus free.

Tinman507
09-02-2013, 05:22 PM

Internetting with no protection? Son, is it finally time for "the talk"?

downtownv
09-02-2013, 05:29 PM

Unprotected?

Bawanna
09-02-2013, 05:52 PM

Well father,we started to have the talk about this once and it just gave me a headache. You said it was simple and easy.
I forget most what I'm told within minutes.

I guess we probably should have "the talk" again but I'm feeling pretty good today, maybe we could wait.

jocko
09-02-2013, 05:55 PM
hehdowntown, send me that prevention photo. I can't copy and paste it on this forum. .

downtownv
09-02-2013, 05:58 PM
PM sent!

ltxi
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Awwww.....and here I assumed no one would even notice let alone care.

Like the Col quoted, I has been on a kick back, 4500 mile road trip and vacation with truck.

I'm so mellowed out right now I could just puke. Biggest issue I have at the moment is where we're gonna put the used lobster trap wife bought off the side of the road in backwater coastal Maine.

Bawanna
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
That ought to come in right handy in Colorado:confused:

Might be a banner years for them sea bugs in your neck of the woods.

ltxi
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
I thought about taking him to task for not stopping by on the way to or from Maine. But then I figured he just wanted some time alone. But he's ok ... or so he says.

I dodged CT due to construction delays on I-84. Used the thruway and 90 in and out of north NE.

ltxi
09-03-2013, 04:41 PM
That ought to come in right handy in Colorado:confused:

Might be a banner years for them sea bugs in your neck of the woods.

Got an old buoy with it, too. Figgerd we could use the rig to trap local coyotes come winter.

What one got's to appreciate here is that I'm married to someone who was raised as a serious NE Coastie. Stuff like the trap is the price I willingly pay to keep her content on the high plains where east/west reference be mountains instead of ocean.

Bawanna
09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Small price to pay I reckon. Too gosh darn many folks close to the oceans.

ltxi
09-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Small price to pay I reckon. Too gosh darn many folks close to the oceans.

Yep!! Rolled out of Hays, Kansas on Sunday morning. Locked the cruise control onto five over, 80 mph. Never touched the throttle again until I stopped at a rest area about three and a half plus hours later. When I got home GPS was showing 77 mph trip average...79 rolling for 335 miles. Try that east of Kansas City....not happenin'

downtownv
09-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Well at least we know you're ok!
Hope you had a good trip, there was a lack of feedback in the ITXI tradition!

MikeyKahr
09-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Glad you're home and had some downtime and a safe long drive, ltxi. I always have enjoyed long road trips.

ltxi
09-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks, guys!

ltxi
09-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Btw....what guns did I travel with? A most often carried 442 and an also often carried NAA Mini Mag "Speedo" gun.

Pulled the G23 out of the truck console for this trip. First time I've ever let state laws influence my choice of road trip arms. I'm either older and wiser, older and more realistic wrt real needs, or older and more weenie.

Other than that, why those guns? Real boots on ground carry was Maine and PA. Got permits for both. And the 442 is my primary daily shorts and deck shoes arm anyway. Conceals/disappears and needs no conscious thought. No more than my wallet. A lot of which vacation is about anyway.

jeepster09
09-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Welcome Back.....:amflag: