PDA

View Full Version : Bawanna's Be Happy, Positive Good Stuff # 2

Bawanna
09-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Thought I'd start a new version of the happy good stuff. Mostly cause something came to me that was definitely good and made me very very happy.

As usual I'm not allowed to say where it came from but it's safe to say it's a fellow member here. (one of us).

Feast your eyes on this beauty.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN4440_zpsa2a03d56.jpg (http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/hopke5/media/DSCN4440_zpsa2a03d56.jpg.html)

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN4439_zps593365da.jpg (http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/hopke5/media/DSCN4439_zps593365da.jpg.html)

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN4438_zps27f70aac.jpg (http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/hopke5/media/DSCN4438_zps27f70aac.jpg.html)

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN4441_zps5a59123c.jpg (http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/hopke5/media/DSCN4441_zps5a59123c.jpg.html)

For those unfamiliar and I'll admit I had heard of Al Mar before but didn't know much more, this is not an out of the gum ball machine bowie. We're talking top of the heap, high quality, gosh darn nice knife.

It's magical in the hand, hard to describe the feel and balance. Looking at it one might envision unwieldy but far far from it. It becomes part of you.
And wicked sharp too. Haven't cut off anything or drew blood yet as much as I've been holding it which says something about the magic.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN4462_zps28c0214e.jpg (http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/hopke5/media/DSCN4462_zps28c0214e.jpg.html)

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN4463_zpscc79af6c.jpg (http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/hopke5/media/DSCN4463_zpscc79af6c.jpg.html)

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN4464_zpscfd1a2bc.jpg (http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/hopke5/media/DSCN4464_zpscfd1a2bc.jpg.html)

She's a beauty.

I wish I could rat this person out. They sent word that they were sending me something, do not question it, no is not an acceptable answer. It's coming and you have nothing to say about it.

I'm certainly not worthy of anything in this category but we're bonding nicely and I'm sure I'll grow very close to it. Actually I already am. We're very tight.....

Thank you very much Mr. Mystery man, you know who you are and 10 more words I'll probably slip up so thank you.

RevRay
09-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Congratulations, Colonel ... it looks very nice indeed. And it wasn't from me by way.

Bawanna
09-13-2013, 09:08 PM
BUT! You should be getting something from me probably tomorrow so now we're even!

wyntrout
09-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Wow! That is a beautiful knife. It's a shame you didn't put a long enough ruler there, but it sure looks to be close to a foot long... and very sturdy. I really like the blade... nice design.

Congratulations!

Wynn:)

yqtszhj
09-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Very nice. knife. Your collection of sharp and pointy is growing.

Just to add to your new thread I got some hogue grips in the mail today for the 92FS and they fit and feel fine, and more important also pointing straight. I can't wait to get out and shoot it. likely going to be a couple of weeks though so I guess it will be lots of dry fire practice.

MW surveyor
09-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Dang, that's a big knife! Until you put the ruler next to it, it did not look that big.

Anyway, congratulations and see, there is such a thing as karma.

RevRay
09-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I see that MW & yqtszsj (sp?) & Wyn didn't deny sending it to you, so it could be one of them.

Bawanna
09-14-2013, 11:26 AM
I know who sent it. They just don't want me to tell.

MW surveyor
09-14-2013, 01:41 PM
I see that MW & yqtszsj (sp?) & Wyn didn't deny sending it to you, so it could be one of them.

Wasn't me. If it would have been me, I would already know how big it was. Wouldn't I?

wyntrout
09-14-2013, 02:09 PM
It wasn't me! I was given a sword by my buddy at the last gun show. It was a P.O.S. and he didn't want it, but I figured I could re-wrap the handle and maybe display it. I'll do a thread on it... did take photos.

I always envisioned going to a recently harvested cornfield with a Katana-like sword and pretending I was in one of those "epic" battles from the Japanese Samurai or the Chinese equivalent. Good thing it wasn't with this one. The blade would have been gone pretty quick!

Bawanna's new knife looks like it's made of one piece of steel... tang and all... very sturdy and just beautiful!

gb6491
09-14-2013, 02:34 PM
It wasn't me! I was given a sword by my buddy at the last gun show. It was a P.O.S. and he didn't want it, but I figured I could re-wrap the handle and maybe display it. I'll do a thread on it... did take photos.

I always envisioned going to a recently harvested cornfield with a Katana-like sword and pretending I was in one of those "epic" battles from the Japanese Samuri or the Chinese equivalent. Good thing it wasn't with this one. The blade would have been gone pretty quick!

Bawanna's new knife looks like it's made of one piece of steel... tang and all... very sturdy and just beautiful!

Cornfield, samurai... reminds me of one of my favorite Charles Bronson movies:):
E6j2SlY60gg
Maybe not an "epic' battle, but this sword play was easy on the eyes:D:
5HIVRnF2CzE

Looking forward to your re-handle tutorial Wynn.

Regards,
Greg

wyntrout
09-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I loved that movie. This will just be a re-wrap IF I ever find any sports wrap. And I did post 10 pictures on a separate thread, rather than just adding it here.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?p=262959#post262959

Dang! Getting power outtages with the thunderstorm and close lightning. Hurray for lots of UPS's.

wyntrout
09-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Toshiro Mifune was my favorite Samurai actor and I have a BUNCH of copies of those films by Akira Kurosawa(maybe all of his) and others... many I haven't watched, yet, not Wifey's taste.

Dang! Stealing Bawanna's thread again!:rolleyes:

Wynn:D

pappy42
09-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Nice blade Bawanna, don't let the first blood be from any part of your body!

AIRret
09-14-2013, 04:48 PM
It wasn't me.

WOW, where is that legal.... I'm jealous.....

Have you ever pulled a knife on a BG?

Bawanna
09-14-2013, 05:21 PM
No and I probably never will unless it's to cut my arm off to get away. I got a real low tolerance to knife fighting.

I've been to a few training sessions with the guys emphasizing the importance of shooting someone who wants to cut you with a knife without delay.

It's messy and I bet it hurts really bad.

It's double not legal, sharpened on both sides and about 3 1/2" too long but just a couple minor details.

I don't get to worked up about the fine print.

jdlott74
09-14-2013, 08:28 PM
jlottmc has one about that size. It's his original K-bar he got when he was in the Corps. Heck, I think he has more knives now than guns.. my mom's and her bf were here this week and leaving for NC Monday and they brought him another knife that has the TX flag on it this time. Last one had Police on it.

mr surveyor
09-17-2013, 09:27 PM
pulling out at 0600 tomorrow ..... back Sunday night

oh, have I mentioned DOVE SEASON

:):):):):):):)

LorenzoB
09-18-2013, 07:31 AM
We just had a family company retreat in Tahoe. It was beautiful, relaxing, and fun.

I think it took half a year or more, but I finally just got my CCW! :D

GROTMAN
09-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Went to the range today primarily to test out my new Ruger lcp but also took along my g19, pm9 and walther p22. Happy to say all 4 performed flawlessly and my pm9 seems to just keep getting better and better. I also was very pleased with the way things went with the lcp. Fired a hundred rounds of American eagle, and 20 rounds of critical defense through it without any issues at all. I really do like the new triggers on the 2013 models as well as the sights. Was a great day overall !!:)

yqtszhj
09-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Went to the range today primarily to test out my new Ruger lcp but also took along my g19, pm9 and walther p22. Happy to say all 4 performed flawlessly and my pm9 seems to just keep getting better and better. I also was very pleased with the way things went with the lcp. Fired a hundred rounds of American eagle, and 20 rounds of critical defense through it without any issues at all. I really do like the new triggers on the 2013 models as well as the sights. Was a great day overall !!:)

Get you one of these for your new LCP. THEY'RE GREAT!!!

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1151194422/hogue-handall-slip-on-grip-sleeve-for-ruger-lcp-rubber

bob98366
10-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Need to get this thread back on the front page...

Range trip today went perfectly. Shot my dad's passed down Colt Woodsman .22 for 50 rounds and my CW40 for 100 rounds of WWB and 4 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense (top 2 rounds for each magazine just to ensure the everyday carry load functions properly). The paper plate was satisfyingly chock full of holes. CW40 had zero failures of any kind and passed 1,100 rounds fired.:D

b4uqzme
10-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Went to a gun show last weekend. First one since early spring. Found some 30carbine and 22lr. My BIL got a good deal on a pristine Remington 1100 in 20 guage/skeet choke just as we were about to walk out the door. I gave him a couple boxes of shells to practice with. We'll shoot some trap this Sunday after I get home from the fishing trip. (boat is running by the way - it's been in and out of the shop all season)

Barth
10-03-2013, 04:31 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2013/10/02/0ap2000000254464.jpg

h2ohhh
10-03-2013, 04:35 AM
After a stressful week of work (shtf), I'm heading to 4 days of camping/fishing on a beautiful remote island off the Carolina coast. Me, my 2 buddies and my little Walther will be the only ones out there. Time to decompress!

Bawanna
10-04-2013, 05:25 PM
They say imitation is the sheerest form of flattery. Closest thing to a beard I've had my whole life.

Wonder who I look like?

Regards

jdlott74
10-04-2013, 05:38 PM
After a stressful week of work (shtf), I'm heading to 4 days of camping/fishing on a beautiful remote island off the Carolina coast. Me, my 2 buddies and my little Walther will be the only ones out there. Time to decompress!

Where are you going? Miss my NC beaches...

jocko
10-04-2013, 06:08 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2013/10/02/0ap2000000254464.jpg

love her pom poms. Just sayin:Amflag2:

jocko
10-04-2013, 06:10 PM
They say imitation is the sheerest form of flattery. Closest thing to a beard I've had my whole life.

Wonder who I look like?

Regards

gabby hayes:blah: klinger:blah: Michael jacko:blah::blah: tonto:amflag:

Armybrat
10-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Back in the days when my Texas Longhorns had some decent teams....

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/Cheerleaders%20-%20Texas.jpg

BTW - one of those gals was the daughter of our next door neighbor.

h2ohhh
10-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Where are you going? Miss my NC beaches...

Bear Island. Out off of Swansboro. Flounder, Redfish and shrimp via cast net. Leaving at 0430.

Armybrat
10-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Bear Island. Out off of Swansboro. Flounder, Redfish and shrimp via cast net. Leaving at 0430.

Isn't that hurricane in the Gulf headed up your way in a few days?

Bawanna
10-04-2013, 07:19 PM
gabby hayes:blah: klinger:blah: Michael jacko:blah::blah: tonto:amflag:

Aw hell, I thought I looked like Roy Rogers.

h2ohhh
10-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Isn't that hurricane in the Gulf headed up your way in a few days?

Yeah. Won't be a problem, just windy Tuesday. Maybe a t-storm or two. We will skedaddle if it gets too bad. Weather tomorrow, Sun and Mon looks glorious.

jdlott74
10-04-2013, 07:38 PM

AWWWW, my old stomping grounds. You going to be there this weekend for Seafood Festival in MHC?

jlottmc was stationed at Cherry Point when we met. I'm from NC and my parents had a trailer in Salter Path for over 30 years. It weathered a MANY hurricanes. Usually spent every other weekends and all the holidays down there. Now that area WELL!!! My Home away from home. If you ever need a good beach rental house/condo, etc, let me know. I used to work for a company down that direction in Atlantic Beach and they have stuff in MHC, Atl Beach, Indian Beach, PK Shores.

ltxi
10-04-2013, 07:47 PM

Nope...Gabby Hayes. Live proud. I wish I looked like Gabby Hayes. With the appropriate time shift and before he was dead.

Armybrat
10-05-2013, 10:55 AM

I was thinkin' Charlie Daniels, but with a different hat brim.

Bawanna
10-05-2013, 11:12 AM
OK truth be told we tried to match Gregs avatar but even my kids said he's so gosh darn much better looking than me that we didn't have enough to work with.

The hardest part around these parts was waiting for a sunny day to get the shadow effect.

jocko
10-05-2013, 12:17 PM
I was thinkin' Charlie Daniels, but with a different hat brim.

he looks as fat as Charlie Daniels, sure hope he does't try to sing. The way he whittles, he outta be ableto fiddle. Just sayin

Course it takes talent to fiddle:target:

I read today in that crotch rocket bike rage that there was possably 3 undercover officers in that bike pack, for sure there wqas one as he has come forth (unidentified) to explain. He did not try to break up the beating for fear of exposing himself. My question : How long do u as a LEO standback and let a civilian get a servere beating like this and do nuttin as u don't want to BLOW UR COVER. A woman and child was in that vehicle also. Why would u not wantto stop the action physicaly even without exposing urself as a cop, just as maybe one of the bikers who didn't wantto see this violence occur. I have alittle mixed emotions on this scenario that we are now being told--happened.:Amflag2:

mr surveyor
10-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Jocko

Were those guys "bikers" or were they the current style of punk "crotch rocket commandos"?

jocko
10-05-2013, 01:53 PM
punk crotchrocket commandos...

b4uqzme
10-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Went to a gun show last weekend. First one since early spring. Found some 30carbine and 22lr. My BIL got a good deal on a pristine Remington 1100 in 20 guage/skeet choke just as we were about to walk out the door. I gave him a couple boxes of shells to practice with. We'll shoot some trap this Sunday after I get home from the fishing trip. (boat is running by the way - it's been in and out of the shop all season)

Bast--d outshot me 2 of 3 rounds with his new-to-him Remington. :32: I'll get over it.

We went to the pistol range after and I squeezed off a 50 yard shot that hit a 1 liter bottle -- first shot. That was a bit of redemption. Any day shooting is a good day.

jocko
10-06-2013, 01:54 PM
that was time to then walkoff the4 raqngewith that hit, as u certainly was not gonnado any better. I think I would have said. This is boring, I a not gonna waste ammo on pu$$y targets at 50 yards./. Just sayin

b4uqzme
10-06-2013, 02:57 PM
that was time to then walkoff the4 raqngewith that hit, as u certainly was not gonnado any better. I think I would have said. This is boring, I a not gonna waste ammo on pu$$y targets at 50 yards./. Just sayin

I have so much to learn, Sensei.

RevRay
10-06-2013, 05:23 PM
My wife & I just finished a nice visit with some long-time friends of ours who live in Staunton, VA. He does his own reloading and even pours his own lead bullets from used tire weights. I totally enjoyed having him show me some of his guns, and I even got the chance to shoot a Makarov 9x18 and his Kel-Tec 380. I wasn't too bad with the Makarov, but I was terrible with the Kel-Tec.

jocko
10-06-2013, 05:53 PM
I had one of those Mak 380 and it was a super well made gun to. Not the china version either. Nice shooter, ...

Bawanna
10-06-2013, 05:58 PM
What the hell are we doing talking about Kel Tecs on my be happy thread Huh?

Rev, have your buddy send me one of them 25-30 year old Harleys and all is forgiven. One of the nicer ones if you really want to be forgiven.

Pick of the little earns you sainthood and a free pass for future transgressions in any of my threads.

I of course can't ride it but I'd look wicked cool sitting next to it and looking cool is job one in my book anyday.

jocko
10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
yea, u warned me about talking about kelteks, so I try not to ever mention them in a good lite. course IMO there is no light brite enough to be called a good lite when it comes to my experiecnes with kel teks.. Just sayin

My old time friend kand 72 year old Harley dealership, has a new 1941 WLA that was never titled, certificate of origin papers still with the bike. It was his fathers who was the original owner of the dealership, and they 9wife andhe0 bot got killed one evening riding in their motorcycle and she in the side car to go out and eat. Son inhgerited the dealership and while looking around the business in the basement was the 41 HD still in the original box, never touched. 56 miles on it today as they road it around the dealership for awhile and then put it up for display and there it sits. amazing peace of history and surely not to many 1941 wqere made back then due tothe war etc and all production going to the military. I think less that 2500 were sold commercially in the U.S./ and this one has to be extremely rare due to never being sold. I have tried to buy it numerous times to no avail.

Bawanna
10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Something unique and rare. Don't have to worry about the temptation of riding it unless I come up with training wheels.

Wouldn't mind having an old Indian either, that would be cool too.

Maybe they would like me more than you?

RevRay
10-07-2013, 06:06 AM
yea, u warned me about talking about kelteks, so I try not to ever mention them in a good lite. course IMO there is no light brite enough to be called a good lite when it comes to my experiecnes with kel teks.. Just sayin

I did say that I shot real lousy with the unmentionable weapon ... so that has to be worth something ... especially since I'm such a great shot otherwise.

Planedude
10-07-2013, 04:38 PM
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Something unique and rare. Don't have to worry about the temptation of riding it unless I come up with training wheels.

Just for Bawanna, cause you asked.

Ride either one you can (not just the one your allowed to!).

jocko
10-07-2013, 04:42 PM
OH My,I am totally speechless, two beauties and indeed both rideable. and rideable and rideable and rideable and rideable and rideable. Just sayin

That photo willbe in my Man cave (Harley garage) by tomorrow morning. If I had one wish from that photo is that I wish I was that seat on the Indian.:Amflag2:

Bawanna
10-07-2013, 05:04 PM
My oh my, that is an awesome picture. Two absolute beauties melded into one.

Hmmm, screen saver here at work????? Aw hell yes, where's their sense of adventure.

Bawanna
10-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Well I didn't get the Indian and the squaw for my Birthday. Drat!

But I did order myself a CZ 452 Trainer 22 rifle. Had a hankering for one for quite a spell, the a couple others posted pictures of theirs awhile back and rekindled that burning desire.

I tried to do the sensible thing and just keep the money the wife told me to buy something special with and save for an imminent transmission repair but said the heck with it, there will always be imminent repairs needed and birthday loot is birthday loot even though it might mean Top Ramen for a bit. I'm kind of fond of it anyhow.

Anyhow thanks to Alfonse for giving me some leads that saved me some money, was gonna buy it locally at what I thought was a good price. Ended up at Kygun and saved 50 bucks plus free shipping.
Scheduled to arrive next Tuesday and pickup Wednesday since my FFL is out of town. Never fails.

Oh well I'm feeling a little happier knowing a new toy is enroute.

b4uqzme
10-09-2013, 03:11 PM

That Indian doesn't look old at all... Oh. You meant the bike :rolleyes:

Alfonse
10-09-2013, 04:02 PM
The Indian photo got this thread back on the happy, positive, good stuff track.

Bawanna
10-09-2013, 04:04 PM
It did indeed, that is one mighty fine looking injun. Note I didn't call it a Redskin, wouldn't want to offend the 3% of the indians who seem to be offended by that.

ltxi
10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
I want one of those.

Bawanna
10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Could it be, we've found the just right, not to big, not to fake, but just right or were you talking about the squaw.

getsome
10-09-2013, 04:25 PM
What a great sales pitch, "Why buy a Hurley when you can ride an Indian complete with your very own Pocahontas to keep your pipes waxed"

jocko
10-09-2013, 05:42 PM
It did indeed, that is one mighty fine looking injun. Note I didn't call it a Redskin, wouldn't want to offend the 3% of the indians who seem to be offended by that.

the redskins owner tells them to screw a squaw. just sayin:amflag:

remember when Tim McGraw made that recond cherokee injun. the natives didn't like that song either.. give um a case of whisky and they will go back to their teepees and could all the casino tax free money they get from us krackers.. Just sayin:amflag: