PDA

View Full Version : New to me Kahr PM9

C.O.
09-15-2013, 02:13 PM
After some trading I ended up with a PM9 today. Guy only had it since June, and only put 100 rounds through it. Came home field stripped, cleaned and lubed it up. Hopefully I can get to the range soon.

It feels great in my hand. The trigger is kind of long, but smooth as melted butter. Tried it in the pocket with a Nemisis holster and IWB, works great either way.

I haven't been this excited about a gun in a while. A older friend that passed away had a PM9, and he swore by them as the best all around CCW handgun out there. Just the right mixture of size, caliber, and capacity. He really made me want one, but I never could afford it. I wanted the PM9 not the CM9. I know both are good guns, the PM is what he had and what I wanted.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Any way to get an actual date on my gun? The guy could not find the spent cartridges. SN=IE3XXX

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/16/gynahugu.jpg

jocko
09-15-2013, 02:22 PM
while ur waiting to shoot it, u can read the kahr tech section and the propper prepping threads and wyn wil be along shortly to guide u to his super duper threds that will help you if needed.

alittle pre-checking of ur kahr is a good thing, as u never know and why waste the first session because u didn't look at some simple things that we tend to take for granite but sometimes doesn't work out that way./

welcome to the fourum. lots of help here, if u ask to.

C.O.
09-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Thank, I just checked out the Tech Section. Lots of great info there.

jocko
09-15-2013, 02:35 PM
did anyone tellyou it is blashpemy to lay a kahr on a glock parts matt. It tends to give the kahrs a complex. Just sayin.

C.O.
09-15-2013, 02:37 PM
One question, when I looked up pictures of the PM9 On-line it appears that some have more of the slide hanging out than others, was there a change somewhere down the line?

C.O.
09-15-2013, 02:38 PM
did anyone tellyou it is blashpemy to lay a kahr on a glock parts matt. It tends to give the kahrs a complex. Just sayin.

I'm sorry, I'm a Glock Armorer so it's all I got right now. Fixed it.

00Ghost00
09-15-2013, 06:36 PM
FWIW, my IExxxx PM9193 was manufactured August, 2013. Confirmed from the horse's mouth (Kahr).

ETA: Call Kahr. They'll tell you the MFG date based on the S/N#.

C.O.
09-15-2013, 06:51 PM
FWIW, my IExxxx PM9193 was manufactured August, 2013. Confirmed from the horse's mouth (Kahr).

ETA: Call Kahr. They'll tell you the MFG date based on the S/N#.

Thank you for the info.

csm4u
09-15-2013, 07:00 PM
This is the first, and only, hand gun I own. (I'm new too) But I LOVE it! I first tried it out on the range using my instructors pm9 that he used as a back-up weapon. I have small hands and it's perfect for me! I've never regretted my purchase! I look forward to leaning more in these forums.

Jacko: You and others helped me today with a question I had re: the trigger pull. Thanks!

JERRY
09-15-2013, 08:45 PM
me thinks you will love the PM9 if you use it in its expected applications.

C.O.
09-16-2013, 02:19 AM
me thinks you will love the PM9 if you use it in its expected applications.

I sure hope so. My main use for it will be as a CCW gun.