PDA

View Full Version : cw45 (breaking in )

megawatts
09-17-2013, 08:54 PM
I got a new kahr cw45 from a major chain store on sale and upon inspection it seemed to be very clean and shiny inside and well lubricated in its factory package. So I wiped it down a bit and headed to the rage with Winchester white box 230gr. Full metal jacket and fired first 50 rounds flawlessly. Next range trip soon to get it up to the 200 breaking in period .

yqtszhj
09-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new gun. The CW45 is a good one. Doesn't kick too bad either huh?

downtownv
09-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Welcome from The Jersey Shore

megawatts
09-19-2013, 06:03 PM
This is one fine weapon went to range again today again fired flawlessly except I had a squib with about 12 rounds left in the WWB . Next trip will be with different ammo.

wyntrout
09-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Squib? Check the barrel any time you have a low-powered round or seemingly just the primer go off. There could be a projectile lodged in the barrel! :eek:

I don't know what you meant by a squib. Racking and firing can harm the gun and/or you.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7507&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1359647630

Not mine, but posted by a woman who had a squib and fired another round without checking the barrel for obstruction.

Wynn:)

SGT5711
09-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Very good advice Wyntrout. At work, we carry Winchester Ranger 124 grain +p for duty rounds, but practice with Winchester White Box. Last week at the range our instructors advised we had recently had a few rounds of WWB misfire, and in one instance the round failed to clear the barrel. To my knowledge we have never had this problem with WWB before. I would imagine the quality control has suffered a bit during the recent need to produce a lot of ammo.

wyntrout
09-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Stuff happens. I haven't had a squib, but I've gotten a few things like the primer seated sideways in one factory round. That could have fired and blown back through the primer hole and caused mayhem and injury. I happened to notice that and it made me start looking more closely at new ammo.

Wynn:)