PDA

View Full Version : Turnaround time & the Maytag repairman

Dirty Dave
09-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Before "Tommy" was shipped I was told 3-4 weeks "turnaround time" . See Wikipedia: Turnaround time definition I quote in part. "total time taken between the submission of a task for execution and the return of the complete output to the customer/user." Today marked week 4 from date received by facility. I'm told should be done next week. That's week # 5. Getting Tommy home....bet I'm looking @ week # 6! If I'm lucky! Told today they lost a gunsmith. Does anybody know what happened to that Maytag repairman that was in the Maytag appliance TV commercials? He had nothing to do because of the reliability of their product. Kahr!!!! Find that guy! I find myself looking at the evaporation of 2 months of warranty period. Oh well, I still have the cover photo of Guns & Ammo to remember Tommy by. :hurt:

jocko
09-20-2013, 05:47 PM
kahr doesn't recognize Wikipedia.

Frame the photo. Just sayin

The Maygag guy is DEAD, he was electrocuted while working on a Maytag. He forgot to unplug it.. :Amflag2:

downtownv
09-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Didn't the Maytag guy die?

Bawanna
09-20-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm the Maytag guy. I leave em plugged in and sing along with You Light Up my LIfe while I'm working on em.

jocko
09-20-2013, 05:57 PM
andindeed u look sometimes ike you have had your lights lite up many times to. Just sayin

Dirty Dave
09-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Saw a (before Kahr) Tommy for sale today @ a gun show in original box. Came w/2 (he says) 40 round drums, & 2 sticks & all the original paperwork. If I had recovered from the $ from buying the last one, perhaps I should have bought a backup to use while one is being repaired. The one today still had the extractor in it. I wonder if that's because he said he never fired it.