PDA

View Full Version : Good deals on a PM45 and PM9 w/ DLC for sale on GB...

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Kahr PM9 9MM DIAMOND BLACK SLIDE : Single Shot at GunBroker.com (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=167903513)

KAHR PM45 w/night sights, 45acp : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=167782218)

jlottmc
05-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Ok, I'm pondering a PM45, but don't like the idea of pocket carry (too much junk) any thoughts on a highly concealable method that is not on the belt (I have others for that and for me that would defeat the purpose of the pm45)?

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 07:09 AM
I've heard that some pocket carry a PM45 but that would never work for me. I don't like too much weight in my pockets.

I'm very tempted to get the PM45 also but am going on a trip to Vegas in July and need to curb my gun buying until I get back. As it is I have one on layaway at my LGS.

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
I've been watching that PM45 and pondering. Buds has a shiney new one less the night sights for 661 delivered. Anything but a PM45 I'd probably jump on it but for 61 bucks I think I'm gonna error with caution and get the warranty and shiney new late production. Hard to tell how old that one is, or if it's missing the latest refinements, the notch, the gap etc etc. Since I intend to go with XS's eventually and get along fine with the factory sights I'm not to worked up about the night sights. I'd sure take them without doubt but not mandatory.

wyntrout
05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
I thought I was a procrastinator... still waiting on the magnaport test! How long will we have to wait for a PM45 test??:boink::001_tt2:
Wynn:behindsofa::D

jlottmc
05-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I like those thoughts Bawanna. I'm still thinking of one if I can find a different way to carry other than belt or pocket. I like stainless for a number of reasons, so plain-o works for me. The night sights I could care less either way, but hey if they be there I wouldn't complain.

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I thought I was a procrastinator... still waiting on the magnaport test! How long will we have to wait for a PM45 test??:boink::001_tt2:
Wynn:behindsofa::D

I know Wynn, I suck! I got a ton of stuff going on, took on a second at home job, work full time, just a sorry sad state of affairs. Perhaps I can kill mulitple birds with one stone. If I wait for delivery of "Tiny", yeah I already named her, I can shoot the magna port, and Tiny in the same trip. Attempt pics if my son goes along and remembers how to work his camera. I looked at it couple nights ago and it's got so many dang buttons on it I didn't even bother to try and figure it out.
I'm jammed again this weekend and doubt Tiny will be here in time anyhow but maybe the following weekend or at least a couple shots in my backyard. It's legal, just don't want to tick off the neighbors and have them trying to make it illegal.

wyntrout
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Dang! Just pulling your leg... or tryin' to shove ya' off that plank. I know you have your hands full, having to WORK! and all. I always fondly remember Maynard G. who correctly thought WORK! was a four-letter word.:D
Take care we'll just wait for all of those stars or planets, or both, to get lined us just right!:D
Got to go buy some groceries while washing clothes... Fantasy 5 tickets for 30 days, too.:tongue:
Wynn:)

wyntrout
05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I like those thoughts Bawanna. I'm still thinking of one if I can find a different way to carry other than belt or pocket. I like stainless for a number of reasons, so plain-o works for me. The night sights I could care less either way, but hey if they be there I wouldn't complain.

Hey! Kahr had those neck chain holsters for the P380... maybe they have a sturdier model for the PM45... larger holster and heavier chain... with a strap on the back for taking it easy on your neck.
I just can't imagine CCW other than IWB or OWB with a jacket.
Wynn:tongue:

jlottmc
05-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Hmmm still no other ways to carry that little pocket rocket I see, oh well. Work is a four letter word. And the range I've been going to doesn't allow photo's/video's on their range either. Besides I have to find the camera, find batteries that are charged, figure out how to take a pic, then figure out how to post it as well. Just easier to clean the toys and call it a day.

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 11:24 AM
I was thinking of asking if he'd come down a little more or include shipping. That with the nights sights seemed like it would be hard to pass up.

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Hmmm still no other ways to carry that little pocket rocket I see, oh well. Work is a four letter word. And the range I've been going to doesn't allow photo's/video's on their range either. Besides I have to find the camera, find batteries that are charged, figure out how to take a pic, then figure out how to post it as well. Just easier to clean the toys and call it a day.

I hadn't considered that. I've never seen anyone taking pictures at my range either but I don't recall anything saying you couldn't. I will certainly ask. If not allowed I'll have to find a secluded wooded area and do the action photo's there. A verbal description of the magna port job might suffice but pics would be beneficial. I tracked down Wynn's action photo's when he shot his PM45 yesterday, looks like she bucks a might in the pics but I'll find the true story soon enough, or not soon enough. Been nearly 40 minutes now and no message from the FFL. Must not be there yet? Hope he's not napping on the back porch with Wynn and misses the delivery. I did put "Hustle" in the comment section of my order, we'll see how much effect that has on the overall scheme of things.

DKD
05-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Has anyone tried out the "Thunderware" carry? I have one and use it occationally. It does work with the PM45 especially if you have pleeted slacks, or Dockers etc. Anything much larger would be difficult.

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I was thinking of asking if he'd come down a little more or include shipping. That with the nights sights seemed like it would be hard to pass up.

I think its a great value w/the night sights. My only concern is if it has all the issues that seem to show up in the early manufactured models. I'm sure Kahr would fix anything even being the second owner but I don't have the patience to deal with trips back for repairs. Maybe the guy would send you more pictures of it taken apart. Check for the bevel and the notch and stuff and maybe it would be fine. They always say shot very little and most really are shot very little for many reasons, just lack of time, lack of desire for guys that really aren't devout shooters, or worse case scenario its a POS and he's dumping it? It's a temptation for sure. Maybe I could continue my monotonous powerwhining and entertain the possiblity of getting a second one? Double shooter rig? Future taxi driver. I'm kind of hoping the PM45 will ride in the same holster as my K40. Less weight in the ankle holster not that it really matters a whole lot but should help.

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Has anyone tried out the "Thunderware" carry? I have one and use it occationally. It does work with the PM45 especially if you have pleeted slacks, or Dockers etc. Anything much larger would be difficult.

That's what my wife calls my bikini briefs...

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 12:01 PM

Just looked this up. I've seen a similar product at our local gunshow, not sure it's thunderware. It looks like with the right body build and pants it would be a good option. I didn't give it too much perusal as it didn't look like it would be too good sitting all the time. And might not be too fast but I'm a firm believer in no surprises. I don't rely on fast draw, I cheat and have the gun in my hand or held under my jacket or whatevers available. At the show they were putting full size guns in the thing, 1911's and glocks. A PM45 or even better a PM9 or the MK's might ride real nice.

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 12:02 PM
I just e-mailed the guy and asked for more pictures...we'll see.

jlottmc
05-05-2010, 12:06 PM
That sounds like IWB belt carry, but I'll look into it. I like the neck chain idea, though I doubt that a cannon that small would weigh enough to necessitate a strap and what not.

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 12:11 PM
I just e-mailed the guy and asked for more pictures...we'll see.

It's got 5 days left so time is on your side BUT if the bidding gets up around 550 that buy now price could go out the window any minute so the clock would be ticking. Ticks me off so bad when I watch some of those an a moron bids like 10 bucks within the buy now price, so now the buy now goes away and you have to wait and bid if you want it bad enough. Not having patience is a curse. I hate snipers too, they watch that stuff and at the last minute blow you out of your boots. At least most of the gun auctions have the 15 minute rule to kind of curb the snipers.
Keep us posted.

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
It's got 5 days left so time is on your side BUT if the bidding gets up around 550 that buy now price could go out the window any minute so the clock would be ticking. Ticks me off so bad when I watch some of those an a moron bids like 10 bucks within the buy now price, so now the buy now goes away and you have to wait and bid if you want it bad enough. Not having patience is a curse. I hate snipers too, they watch that stuff and at the last minute blow you out of your boots. At least most of the gun auctions have the 15 minute rule to kind of curb the snipers.
Keep us posted.

The sniper's edge is taken away in Gunbroker. I hate it when guys start bidding way too early and next thing you know it still has three days left and is already close the the buy-it-now price. This one is getting up in price now and he probably won't be flexible.

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Just got an e-mail from the guy and he's going to try and send me more pics.

I did see a brand new one at the Fun Show this past weekend. It was $667 new. It didn't have night sights and of course I would have paid tax on it. That would put me around $800 with nights sights and TTL. I may be better off buying this one and save a couple hundred bucks.

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Just got an e-mail from the guy and he's going to try and send me more pics.

I did see a brand new one at the Fun Show this past weekend. It was $667 new. It didn't have night sights and of course I would have paid tax on it. That would put me around $800 with nights sights and TTL. I may be better off buying this one and save a couple hundred bucks.

I ordered one from Buds this morning 661 delivered. No tax, includes shipping, had to pay 7 bucks insurance and 3% for cc use. Stainless, standard sights. The night sights on this one add probably another 100, he's getting 20 or 25 can't remember to ship it. The values probably still there.
Theres a DLC one new with an extra extended mag (and a hat) w/night sights for 800 as I recall, he's listed a couple of them so far so another may come along if your into black things.

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I ordered one from Buds this morning 661 delivered. No tax, includes shipping, had to pay 7 bucks insurance and 3% for cc use. Stainless, standard sights. The night sights on this one add probably another 100, he's getting 20 or 25 can't remember to ship it. The values probably still there.
Theres a DLC one new with an extra extended mag (and a hat) w/night sights for 800 as I recall, he's listed a couple of them so far so another may come along if your into black things.

So you went and done it...Congrats on you new baby. I have three Kahrs with the DLC but I still give a little edge to the stainless because in my mind I don't need to baby them.

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 02:03 PM
So you went and done it...Congrats on you new baby. I have three Kahrs with the DLC but I still give a little edge to the stainless because in my mind I don't need to baby them.

Makes me happy to hear you give stainless the edge. I've always leaned that direction myself. I was polishing the slide on my K40 last weekend and an idea fell out of the sky and hit me directly in the head. I'm thinking about jeweling the whole slide. Was gonna do the hood on the barrel. Never seen one done, will take some serious pondering before I hit the on switch on the drill press but I think it would look cool. I'd for sure order up a real jeweling set, the old pencil eraser and polishing compound trick wouldn't make it for this project. Maybe I should start wearing a hard hat around the house to avoid these idea's?
My new baby's name is "Tiny". Hoping a early sign of affection in the bonding process will help encourage her to play nice, run reliably, and be my new long time friend. Perhaps another weak thought but I'm running with it.

wyntrout
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Makes me happy to hear you give stainless the edge. I've always leaned that direction myself. I was polishing the slide on my K40 last weekend and an idea fell out of the sky and hit me directly in the head. I'm thinking about jeweling the whole slide. Was gonna do the hood on the barrel. Never seen one done, will take some serious pondering before I hit the on switch on the drill press but I think it would look cool. I'd for sure order up a real jeweling set, the old pencil eraser and polishing compound trick wouldn't make it for this project. Maybe I should start wearing a hard hat around the house to avoid these idea's?
My new baby's name is "Tiny". Hoping a early sign of affection in the bonding process will help encourage her to play nice, run reliably, and be my new long time friend. Perhaps another weak thought but I'm running with it.

Well, it's about time. Congratulations, Bawanna. I called mine the PM9's big brother, so it was hard to change to calling it a her. Big sister just sounds weird, but using a female name may make it easier to explain the cuddling you'll be doing. I guess "we" named mine "Boomer". He's getting more travel than I these days.

It's about time to fill up the van and I noticed and hear that gas is going higher... and higher....

I went by Wally World and got 6 boxes of that Federal 9mm@$9.47 a box. There was only one box of that on the shelf but they had some "in the back" and brought 2 cases of 20 up. I think they had more, but no .45. They lowered the price of the RWS 124-gr FMJ to $12.98. I think the WW 50 was $13.47?? They had lot's of 40S&W, including several weights of JHP.
If they had the Federal .380, it would be $17.47, but if you're not standing there when it comes in, you won't find it on the shelf.

Starting to smell the baby back ribs slow-cooking in the oven... one of my wife's favorite things.

Well, we're all waiting for your range test when you get "Tiny". I'm sure it won't take more than a week to get there.

Wynn:D

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Well, it's about time. Congratulations, Bawanna. I called mine the PM9's big brother, so it was hard to change to calling it a her. Big sister just sounds weird, but using a female name may make it easier to explain the cuddling you'll be doing. I guess "we" named mine "Boomer". He's getting more travel than I these days.

It's about time to fill up the van and I noticed and hear that gas is going higher... and higher....

I went by Wally World and got 6 boxes of that Federal 9mm@$9.47 a box. There was only one box of that on the shelf but they had some "in the back" and brought 2 cases of 20 up. I think they had more, but no .45. They lowered the price of the RWS 124-gr FMJ to $12.98. I think the WW 50 was $13.47?? They had lot's of 40S&W, including several weights of JHP.
If they had the Federal .380, it would be $17.47, but if you're not standing there when it comes in, you won't find it on the shelf.

Starting to smell the baby back ribs slow-cooking in the oven... one of my wife's favorite things.

Well, we're all waiting for your range test when you get "Tiny". I'm sure it won't take more than a week to get there.

Wynn:D

My wife loves baby back ribs also. I think it's a gender thing going all the way back to the caveman days when you knocked em in the head and drug em home by the hair. Had a nice dinner of baby mastodon ribs and a nice social evening. Have to ask Jocko for the exact details since he was probably there. I reserve the right to rename my new baby when I actually lay eyes on it. You know sometimes your preconceived vision of what something looks like changes and the name just hits ya. Tiny just struck me for the moment. Maybe we'll have a name that PM45 thread?

kahrseye
05-05-2010, 08:19 PM

That's GREAT!... and you got a really good price. I'm very happy for you. You've waited a long time to get it. I am partial to Stainless myself. Post lots of pictures and show off the new baby.