PDA

View Full Version : PM9x2 New Member

TheHound
05-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Hey guys, great forum. I went to the local gun shop to buy my wife her first gun for personal protection. I had not known of the Kahr before, I asked the dealer to show me his subcompacts in 9mm and 40 cal. He pulled out the Kel-Tec PF9, Glock 26, XD40, Diamondback 9mm, then finally the Kahr PM9. I liked the Kel-Tek for it's price, but for fit and finish the Kahr was superior.

Needless to say I bought the Kahr PM9 with trigger mounted Crimson Trace Laser sight ($725 NIB) . Took it home to my wife and we went to the shooting range along with a couple of boxes of the cheap stuff and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP. We dismantled the gun together to show her how it worked and to show her where to make sure it was lubed. We shot 220 rounds through it with 2 hang ups in the first 2 clips. The accuracy was very good, we were popping silhouettes at 50 yards.

Well, I liked the Kahr PM9 with Crimson Trace so much that I went back the next week and bought one for my concealed carry weapon. Shot the same 220 rounds of ammo through it with zero failure to fire. The gun worked flawlessly right out of the box.

I am currently using a cheap Blackhawk Size 5 in the waist holster that fits the gun perfectly, but would like a wallet style holster, any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks for the forum,

Mike

jlottmc
05-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Welcome aboard, as always read jocko's proper prep of a new Kahr in the Tech section, if you have not already done so. You'll love those little guys asa they grow on you as well. Well done, and again welcome.

In-Yo-Grill
05-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Welcome to the site. I didn't know Diamondback had already made a 9mm. I was still wanting to try out their 380.

G26ster
05-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I am currently using a cheap Blackhawk Size 5 in the waist holster that fits the gun perfectly, but would like a wallet style holster, any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks for the forum,

Mike

Welcome!! This is the Kahr Wallet/Pocket holster sold by Kahr.

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad234/G26ster/a_KahrRHLH.jpg

I have one but don't use it, as my back pockets are kinda small (and so am I ;)) It's made to accommodate the laser.

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 12:15 PM
The theory on that pocket holster is to have the flat side out so it looks like a wallet? To draw you get your hand under the flat part or just grab with thumb and finger and pull the gun out? Seems like it would sure look like a wallet and lose the gun shape. Everyone says that no one looks at your waist or your backside, not sure that's true or not. I remember the ladies staring at my backside in my former walking days. Crud that sounded like bragging huh? Long long ago too.

cgo99
05-05-2010, 01:51 PM
I remember the ladies staring at my backside in my former walking days. Crud that sounded like bragging huh? Long long ago too.
Jajajajajajajajajaja....... Bawanna are you sure it was not a dream you had or maybe a movie? :popcorn:

Bawanna
05-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Jajajajajajajajajaja....... Bawanna are you sure it was not a dream you had or maybe a movie? :popcorn:

I've been accused of that very thing before. Could be so, could be so.

Was my thinking on the application of your holster correct just on the off chance I'm ever vertical again. Wouldn't work sitting all the time, probably not real comfortable sitting anytime but maybe like a wallet you get used to it.

cgo99
05-05-2010, 02:07 PM
I've been accused of that very thing before. Could be so, could be so.

Was my thinking on the application of your holster correct just on the off chance I'm ever vertical again. Wouldn't work sitting all the time, probably not real comfortable sitting anytime but maybe like a wallet you get used to it.
You are right I don't think it would be very comfortable on the back pocket, however I've been thinking on getting one of this for front pocket carrying since my jeans are starting to form around the gun in the pocket area and thus showing the outline of the PM9 a little more.

deadhead1971
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey Mike. Welcome.

I use a #4 blackhawk pocket holster, and the PM9 fits perfectly with the LG437 laser.

TheHound
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Welcome!! This is the Kahr Wallet/Pocket holster sold by Kahr.

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad234/G26ster/a_KahrRHLH.jpg

I have one but don't use it, as my back pockets are kinda small (and so am I ;)) It's made to accommodate the laser.

Do you want to sell it?

kahrseye
05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey guys, great forum. I went to the local gun shop to buy my wife her first gun for personal protection. I had not known of the Kahr before, I asked the dealer to show me his subcompacts in 9mm and 40 cal. He pulled out the Kel-Tec PF9, Glock 26, XD40, Diamondback 9mm, then finally the Kahr PM9. I liked the Kel-Tek for it's price, but for fit and finish the Kahr was superior.

Needless to say I bought the Kahr PM9 with trigger mounted Crimson Trace Laser sight ($725 NIB) . Took it home to my wife and we went to the shooting range along with a couple of boxes of the cheap stuff and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP. We dismantled the gun together to show her how it worked and to show her where to make sure it was lubed. We shot 220 rounds through it with 2 hang ups in the first 2 clips. The accuracy was very good, we were popping silhouettes at 50 yards.

Well, I liked the Kahr PM9 with Crimson Trace so much that I went back the next week and bought one for my concealed carry weapon. Shot the same 220 rounds of ammo through it with zero failure to fire. The gun worked flawlessly right out of the box.

Thanks for the forum,

Mike

Welcome and congrats on the new purchases. These little guns are pretty darn accurate....hope you enjoy yours for years to come.:rolleyes:

G26ster
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Do you want to sell it?

I have a request by PM from another forum member that I just answered with a price. If he declines, I will PM you with the same price. Standby.

TheHound
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I have a request by PM from another forum member that I just answered with a price. If he declines, I will PM you with the same price. Standby.

Thanks

G26ster
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks

I just sent you a PM

TheHound
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I just sent you a PM

Replied to PM