PDA

View Full Version : Why I dislike Glocks

b4uqzme
10-10-2013, 06:37 PM
( THIS IS A VERY OLD THREAD -- CONSIDER JUMPING TO PAGE 21)

Let's stir the sh!t a little...

The interweb is filled with people praising Glocks and yet I still don't like them. No logical reason but I'll give it a try. Sometimes just saying it aloud is theraputic ;)

In order from most important to least:

Everyone else seems to like them and it's my nature to be contrary
They really are ugly. Particularly the grip angle and the trigger guard
It seems silly to put a safety on the trigger -- the very thing you pull to go "bang"
Despite being ultra reliable and affordable, they just seem too ordinary. Like a Toyota.

Let the flames begin!

jeepster09
10-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't like beets....

gb6491
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
I don't like beets....
Me too.

VN Vet
10-10-2013, 06:58 PM
I drive a Toyota and have done so for decades. I carry Glocks and have done so for decades. However besides my Lord, cats, trucks and guns, I love my Kahrs.

targetshooter
10-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Toyotas are reliable ?

Bawanna
10-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Regarding #1, a few years back when we were transitioning away from Beretta 9's a the department we were feeling around trying to figure what everyone would like.
Usually the first answer was anything but a Glock! I always asked why and they said because everybody else carries them, they wanted to be different.
They ended up going to 96 Beretta's and a few years later they now have Glock 21's.

I dont mind Beets once in a while, liver is good too if you got plenty of onions to mask the foul taste.

b4uqzme
10-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Glocks and onions --- you might be on to sumpin'

chrish
10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
OK, I'll play. Like being a Democrat, there is just no good argument for liking a Glock. How's that?

Seriously, same reasons you gave b3uqzme...I try and try when I join friends that have them at the range, but that's all I need. One range session every now and then cures me of wanting one. I shoot them just fine, but the look, grip feel, trigger, all just turn me off. Anytime I get a bug that I need one 'because everybody has a Glock', I just schedule a range session w/ someone that has one.

b4uqzme
10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Toyotas are reliable ?

Ain't necessarily affordable either...

b4uqzme
10-10-2013, 07:09 PM
I drive a Toyota and have done so for decades. I carry Glocks and have done so for decades. However besides my Lord, cats, trucks and guns, I love my Kahrs.

scratch "cats" and add "dogs"

berettabone
10-10-2013, 07:20 PM
OK, I'll play. Like being a Democrat, there is just no good argument for liking a Glock. How's that?

Seriously, same reasons you gave b3uqzme...I try and try when I join friends that have them at the range, but that's all I need. One range session every now and then cures me of wanting one. I shoot them just fine, but the look, grip feel, trigger, all just turn me off. Anytime I get a bug that I need one 'because everybody has a Glock', I just schedule a range session w/ someone that has one.
Totally, except I never get a bug to own one...they're the "pug dog" of the gun world. Plus, I don't like firearms that you can clean in the dishwasherhttp://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

chrish
10-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Totally, except I never get a bug to own one...they're the "pug dog" of the gun world. Plus, I don't like firearms that you can clean in the dishwasherhttp://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Uh oh...look out folks, he has 'crossed the beams' so-to-speak with his plastic gun rant from another thread. :D

I get a Glock bug everytime I go shopping for holster for one of my redheaded stepchildren (TP9 and CZ P-01). And when I think about parts availability. But then I get over it when I realize the grip on either of those would be more comfortable shoved in my pocket all day than holding a Glock grip for 5 minutes ;)

warbird1
10-10-2013, 07:59 PM
I don't own Glocks! Why? Severe grip angle...butt ugly...two piece trigger...arrogant Glock owners. I do love my Tacoma however.

kwh
10-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Ditto for all the above reasons

CB3
10-10-2013, 08:12 PM
I was going to say I object to Glock's square slides, but this IS the Kahr forum. ;)

They of course have a lot going for them, and their ease of use and reliability prompt most to jump on the bandwagon without really dealing with the drawbacks.

I don't like the stock triggers, grip angle (pointing), grip feel. I've shot some nicely tuned/customized ones, but as others have said, they just don't float my boat.

It's nice to have choices. If one chooses a Glock, he has made a good choice. If one chooses to shoot something else reliable and easy to use, he has also made a good choice.

muggsy
10-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I hate Glocks, because there is no such thing as perfection. There is room for improvement in everything. Me being the possible exception.

b4uqzme
10-10-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't own Glocks! Why? Severe grip angle...butt ugly...two piece trigger...arrogant Glock owners. I do love my Tacoma however.

Tacoma...that's near Bawanna isn't it?

F150 for me -- buy Canadian.

CJB
10-10-2013, 08:53 PM
In my decade of range-mastering....

One AD from an idiot with a 10mm Delta Elite.

One guido with a Glock shot a hole in the floor of his 'vette with a .45 Glock
One cop shot himself in the thigh when he put his loaded Glock 9mm ever so carefully in the molded case, and it went off when he slammed the trunk of his personal vehicle.
One guy shot his finger off snapping the lid onto the molded case of a Glock 9mm - again, disregading warnings printed thereupon and putting a loaded pistol in the case.
One guy shot his own foot with a 9mm Glock, not sure how that happened.
One guy shot the floor with his 9mm Glock, and a concrete fragment went thru the calf of a bystander
And one guy - a know it all ex LEO - came out of the range, paid his bill and before we could say no, he put a loaded magazine in his Glock 9mm, closed the slide and pulled the trigger, sending the bullet zipping bye two other patrons, and into a wall containing boxes of ammo, a few rounds of which hamlessly went off. A big miss, a hole in the cabinet, and some really scared patrons. He was banned for life.

And there's been numerous accounts of Glocks going off in pockets, and in holsters as folks sat down (the seatbelt thing set it off)

yqtszhj
10-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Toyotas are reliable ?

142000 miles and nothing but oil and coolant changes. Doesn't burn oil, runs excellent. Not the prettiest though.

Don't like glocks because the profit margin is 65% at retail price. Im being ripped off. Don't tell me what my cw45 is, ok?

b4uqzme
10-10-2013, 09:16 PM
It comes to me from a reliable source that the profit margin in a Kahr is negative...they just love to sell guns!!!

Xdmac45
10-10-2013, 09:41 PM
I don't like my new glock19 gen4 it eats to much ammo.

b4uqzme
10-10-2013, 10:10 PM
I don't like my new glock19 gen4 it eats to much ammo.

That would be a problem :D

chrish
10-10-2013, 10:32 PM

One cop shot himself in the thigh when he put his loaded Glock 9mm ever so carefully in the molded case, and it went off when he slammed the trunk of his personal vehicle.
One guy shot his finger off snapping the lid onto the molded case of a Glock 9mm - again, disregading warnings printed thereupon and putting a loaded pistol in the case.
One guy shot the floor with his 9mm Glock, and a concrete fragment went thru the calf of a bystander
And one guy - a know it all ex LEO - came out of the range, paid his bill and before we could say no, he put a loaded magazine in his Glock 9mm, closed the slide and pulled the trigger, sending the bullet zipping bye two other patrons, and into a wall containing boxes of ammo, a few rounds of which hamlessly went off. A big miss, a hole in the cabinet, and some really scared patrons. He was banned for life.

And there's been numerous accounts of Glocks going off in pockets, and in holsters as folks sat down (the seatbelt thing set it off)

See! See! Glocks are NOT SAFE!
:p

O'Dell
10-11-2013, 02:07 AM
I think my opinion of Glocks is well known so I'll skip that. I do own a Prius though. Are they more dependable than other cars - probably not. However, I've had an 04 and currently an 07, and both have consistently exceeded 60 MPG and I can get all of my equipment in the back. Until someone else comes up with the same space and mileage, I'll hang onto the Toyota.

Barth
10-11-2013, 04:57 AM

My single Glock occasionally throws hot brass in my face.
And FTFs about 1 or 2 rounds in ~1000.
It was perfect for about 6000 rounds.
But now has started to misbehave.
I still have it, but it's been banished to storage.
Don't think I'll be buying any more of them.

If I want a plastic fantastic auto?
Then I choose Heckler and Koch (six times).
I too love my 2013 4x4 Tacoma.

ripley16
10-11-2013, 06:28 AM
Glocks are OK. Though not my favorite brand I own two, a 17 and 19, because they work, are somewhat inexpensive and have a well thought out line. Hmmm, just like those Toyotas. My wife drives a Corolla, I drive a Sienna and my sons have a Tundra and Tacoma.

yqtszhj
10-11-2013, 06:49 AM
I do own a Prius though. Are they more dependable than other cars - probably not. However, I've had an 04 and currently an 07, and both have consistently exceeded 60 MPG and I can get all of my equipment in the back. Until someone else comes up with the same space and mileage, I'll hang onto the Toyota.

My company car is a Prius and no matter how good or bad I drive it it still gets about 50 mpg. And like Odell said it will hold all your stuff as well as any small car.

yqtszhj
10-11-2013, 06:53 AM

That's good real world information there. My 1911 is looking better (except for my Kahr which is the sweet.)

JohnR
10-11-2013, 06:56 AM
I guess I'm in the "gotta be different" camp. But I also just find Glocks to be cold and lacking in character. If you gave me one I'd keep it, but I wouldn't buy another one (had a G36 briefly).

LorenzoB
10-11-2013, 08:01 AM
I shot my friend's Glock 22 well, but it always took a moment longer to acquire the target because of the different grip angle. I like the availability of parts and the utilitarian design, but it is ugly and there are lots of other pretty guns in the sea.

I've been considering a Glock for a while, but it would have to be different in some way for me to get it (such as od green, nickel boron coated, or ported). I'll get a wheel gun first, and then maybe another rifle before coming back to this thought of buying a Glock.

130k miles on my 1999 Tacoma with out a hiccup. Assembled in Northern CA. You could say, I love my Kahrs and truck. ;)

Barth
10-11-2013, 08:33 AM
130k miles on my 1999 Tacoma with out a hiccup. Assembled in Northern CA. You could say, I love my Kahrs and truck. ;)

My prior Toyota pickup, a 1988 I4 4x4, had 389K before it kicked the bucket.
That's with the original engine and transmission.

TheTman
10-11-2013, 10:48 AM
My "Glock" is a S&W M&P. I think S&W beat Glock at their own game with the M&P. With the Pro model anyway. I compared it to a Glock 34, and there was no comparison. The M&P felt like it molded it's self to my hand, while the Glock was like holding a 1x2 or something.
I don't like their slogan "Glock Perfection".
They feel like crap in my hand.
I'm also a contrarian, if everyone drove Chevy's, I'd have a Ford.
I may break down someday and buy a Glock .45 ACP with the 13 round mag, but I am confident I will find something better. The M&P only comes with a 10 round mag, but 13 round mags are available.

ParabellumJ
10-11-2013, 10:52 AM
I guess I'll me the minority opinion. I love Glocks. They are simple, reliable, affordable, and parts are cheap and readily available. They offer the highest capacity magazines, and those are affordable too. I have no issues with the grip or the trigger. There are better looking guns, but I don't think Glocks are ugly. And honestly, I doubt the BG I'm pointing it at would care. The sights suck, but those are easily changed. If you don't like them it makes no difference to me. I've never had to send one back for service, never had to replace a broken part, and have never had a malfunction in thousands and thousands of rounds. If you would like to pass your Glocks on to me I will gladly accept them. Just don't park your Toyota in my driveway, that's where I draw the line.

jocko
10-11-2013, 11:03 AM
love m G19, most accurate semi I have ever shot---nce I got it properly tuned etc..

b4uqzme
10-11-2013, 11:16 AM
I guess I'll me the minority opinion. I love Glocks. They are simple, reliable, affordable, and parts are cheap and readily available. They offer the highest capacity magazines, and those are affordable too. I have no issues with the grip or the trigger. There are better looking guns, but I don't think Glocks are ugly. And honestly, I doubt the BG I'm pointing it at would care. The sights suck, but those are easily changed. If you don't like them it makes no difference to me. I've never had to send one back for service, never had to replace a broken part, and have never had a malfunction in thousands and thousands of rounds. If you would like to pass your Glocks on to me I will gladly accept them. Just don't park your Toyota in my driveway, that's where I draw the line.

maybe in this thread you are the minority but certainly not overall. Sorry I can't send you any Glocks 'cause I don't have and won't have any to send you. I am glad to hear my F150 is welcome in your driveway.

GLOCKROCKER
10-11-2013, 11:37 AM
My F150 has a G22 as standard equipment - both old with lots of miles but still dependable and running strong. I'll be a happy camper if my Kahrs accumulate half the mileage.

Barth
10-11-2013, 11:46 AM
My "Glock" is a S&W M&P. I think S&W beat Glock at their own game with the M&P. With the Pro model anyway. I compared it to a Glock 34, and there was no comparison. The M&P felt like it molded it's self to my hand, while the Glock was like holding a 1x2 or something.
I don't like their slogan "Glock Perfection".
They feel like crap in my hand.
I'm also a contrarian, if everyone drove Chevy's, I'd have a Ford.
I may break down someday and buy a Glock .45 ACP with the 13 round mag, but I am confident I will find something better. The M&P only comes with a 10 round mag, but 13 round mags are available.

If you want a polymer gun with great ergonomics?
Hold a HK P30.
But be advised that many folks end up having to buy one after that - I did.
As for a high cap polymer 45?
My HK USP45 Tactical is 12+1 and a bombproof tack driver.
And I think the FN FNX-45 is 15+1 as well.

O'Dell
10-11-2013, 04:00 PM
My company car is a Prius and no matter how good or bad I drive it it still gets about 50 mpg. And like Odell said it will hold all your stuff as well as any small car.

I've got about 140K Prius miles under my belt and they do require a certain technique to get the best mileage. I call it momentum driving. My worst tank was the first in the 04 at 52 MPG. My last tank was 62.1. Oddly enough, The driving style becomes a habit, and I get low 30's on the highway and low 20's in short trip driving out of my 430+ HP Corvettes. Once you get used to it, it doesn't slow you down noticeably. I'll admit that I did a bit worst at a track day at Atlanta Motorsports Park recently.

jocko
10-11-2013, 04:15 PM
IMO the most butt ugley vehicle on the market is the prius. looks like the inside of a casket liner. Great mileage if that is what one is after. I will pay the difference and drive the Corvette.. Just my opinion...

O'Dell
10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
IMO the most butt ugley vehicle on the market is the prius. looks like the inside of a casket liner. Great mileage if that is what one is after. I will pay the difference and drive the Corvette.. Just my opinion...

Do they have Fiat 500's in Indiana? If so take a look at one.

In my work vehicle, yes, mileage is important as is carrying capacity. After work or on the weekends, I'll drive a Corvette.

jocko
10-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Have seen a few, I don't put them in the 50 mpg league as the Prius, so yes they are butt ugly also. They shold marry and have babbys. Still IMO the Prius which I see quite a few here as we have a dealer who sells all he can get, so I see alot of the Butt ugly's .

jeepster09
10-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Good for you....thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOD3z_To4YQ

jeepster09
10-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Or....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMhzNdeb1c4

b4uqzme
10-11-2013, 07:35 PM
that was the funniest Southpark ever Jeepster09. The Toyota was called a "Pious" and the Honda was a "Hindsight" and the people became so smug they liked the smell of their own farts and the smug cloud threatened to envelop the whole country...

...unless you remember the Christmas poo episode.

kwh
10-11-2013, 07:57 PM
When glocks first made their appearance I remember seeing , I think in the American Rifleman, a picture of a blown -up Glock. The gun was plastic, made in a foreign land, and came with a warning not to use reloads or lead bullets. Ridiculous, who would want such a firearm, even though, as the news media reported, airport X-rays could not detect them.

Alfonse
10-11-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't dislike Glocks, or Prius's for that matter. I just don't LIKE either enough to buy it over other choices. I am sort of starting to kind of warm up to the thought of an AR15 though, and that is a big shift for me.

otium
10-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Not many brands I dislike. I don't dislike Glocks.

Usually I get disappointed and dislike brands when they handle really important things and handle them very badly. Take for example Remington and their lack of a real recall of the model 700 safety issue. You can search for information if you don't know the details. So there is one brand that is off my table for any future consideration.

I find Glock's customer service top notch. I recently submitted a question to them from their website and I did not get answer back by email days later like most companies, but rather got an answer back by them calling me on the phone the same day to talk about it. I don't think many firearm companies I have dealt with in the last few years do that.

I have some Glocks and there is nothing wrong with the brand. They are IMO somewhat dated in their looks, thick and that is expected being doublestacks, but they do what I ask of them. They are surprisingly light for what they are. The model 30S 10+1 45acp comes in at 30oz loaded. That is just 3oz more than my cw45 for 4 more rounds and it does it with a shorter overall height coming in at 4.5" including magazine and sights in the measurement. It really is not all that difficult to carry this piece with an untucked shirt.

These kinds of questions make me wonder if there is something subliminal a person is saying that they really want one, but somehow their conscious mind painted itself in a corner over the years saying they didn't like them. So I say, don't resist it any longer, just go get one and you might feel better.

As far as Toyotas go, I don't dislike them either, but I can't consider driving a Toyota pickup because they do not offer a model that can do what I need it to do since they don't offer a model that can tow a 16.5k trailer. Have to stay with American pickups for that capability.

jeepster09
10-12-2013, 09:37 AM
I actually like the 10 mm Glocks, both the Model 20SF and the 29SF. Good caliber and shoots well from a Glock. I would like it in an M&P or XD better if they offered the 10mm.

berettabone
10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Not many brands I dislike. I don't dislike Glocks.

Usually I get disappointed and dislike brands when they handle really important things and handle them very badly. Take for example Remington and their lack of a real recall of the model 700 safety issue. You can search for information if you don't know the details. So there is one brand that is off my table for any future consideration.

I find Glock's customer service top notch. I recently submitted a question to them from their website and I did not get answer back by email days later like most companies, but rather got an answer back by them calling me on the phone the same day to talk about it. I don't think many firearm companies I have dealt with in the last few years do that.

I have some Glocks and there is nothing wrong with the brand. They are IMO somewhat dated in their looks, thick and that is expected being doublestacks, but they do what I ask of them. They are surprisingly light for what they are. The model 30S 10+1 45acp comes in at 30oz loaded. That is just 3oz more than my cw45 for 4 more rounds and it does it with a shorter overall height coming in at 4.5" including magazine and sights in the measurement. It really is not all that difficult to carry this piece with an untucked shirt.

These kinds of questions make me wonder if there is something subliminal a person is saying that they really want one, but somehow their conscious mind painted itself in a corner over the years saying they didn't like them. So I say, don't resist it any longer, just go get one and you might feel better.

As far as Toyotas go, I don't dislike them either, but I can't consider driving a Toyota pickup because they do not offer a model that can do what I need it to do since they don't offer a model that can tow a 16.5k trailer. Have to stay with American pickups for that capability.
No, the people that don't like them, REALLY don't like them.

otium
10-12-2013, 11:28 AM
No, the people that don't like them, REALLY don't like them.

Could be. I have seen this "dislike" topic (usually closer to a hate thread) before so some feel like it is important enough to them to even bring it up. There is probably some psycho babble to explain that.

I submit this being the internet and re-reading the OP's post, this was nothing more but an attempt to poke some imaginary bear. I consider this topic nothing more than a troll.

JimC
10-12-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't dislike Glock pistols.
In fact, I kind of like them to the extent that I trust my life to my G27 each and every day that I carry it. ;)
I carried a G19 on duty for several years before retiring.
As an LE Firearms Instructor, I've seen hundreds of recruits and in service LEOs use several different types of Glocks with outstanding results and very few pistols down due to breaking.
If one should "break" they are normally readily repaired on the range by a simple part replacement.
Glocks are normally 100% right out of the box, even for the untrained.
While in LE I once took a brand new G19 straight out of the box, wiped it down, left the anti-seize lube in place and watched several shooters over the course of 5 days put 3,000+ rds. thru that G19 with it being cleaned once!!! :D Try that with a Kahr...;)
Glocks don't require a break in period of 200 rds. and you don't have to "rack the slide" 500 times prior to firing it.
Glock doesn't need a "prep" section for new Glock owners.
They don't break magazine followers and their mag bodies don't split!
Glock customer service is one of the best in the market and even far better as far as LE is concerned.
I currently own 5 Glock pistols and an added G22 upper to use on my G35 so I guess one could say I have 6 Glocks. I have owned as many as 13 at one time.
If one wants a good looking pistol, the Glock is not it but if one wants a pistol that will work when you need to have it work, then the Glock is the pistol that you want.
A few years back, Glock owned something like 72% of the current LE market, that has to account for something.
How many US Govt. contracts does Kahr have for duty handguns? :confused:
No, I don't dislike Glock pistols...

I have two Walther P99 pistols, one in .40 S&W and one in 9mm that I like just as much as my Glocks.

And BTW...I don't dislike my PM9 since I and Kahr got it to run 100%. ;)

Bawanna
10-12-2013, 12:01 PM
To be fair most Kahrs don't require the break in and they certainly don't need 500 racks before shooting.
I also believe that most would easily go the 3000 rounds out of the box.

To be fair they really aren't in the duty gun market, they are in the concealed carry market and I bet there are a ton of officers with kahrs in their vest holsters or off duty rigs.

Not really an apples and apples comparison.

My PM45 for example got dissasembled when I got it, I checked the striker channel only to see if there was junk in there, there were alot of reports of that happening, mine was pristine. I did no special lube, just a wipe down basically, didn't rack it probably more than half a dozen times for familiarization and first range trip fired 350+ rounds between me and my son. I was good with that.

Many say you either love a Glock or hate it, nothing in between. I of course being different am in between. I certainly don't love them but I don't hate the either. I think they are a great cop gun. I've had several myself, still have a 21. Theirs plenty of room in the world for all the guns, kind of stretching it with Kel Tecs but even them.

OldLincoln
10-12-2013, 12:48 PM
I like my Glocks, both of them. I like Dad's 1911 Colt 45. I liked my PM9 also but wanted to move all ti 45 ACP. I chose the Glock 30 SF Short Frame because it fit my hand better than a Kahr. Kahr was a bit too small for my hand and like trying to hang onto a 2" PVC pipe and keep it from twisting. But I really liked that it concealed so well without discomfort and was light.

The Glock is more like holding a 2x2 with the corners so it twists very little and the finish is very easy to clean inside and out. I do shoot it much better than my PM9. What was the clincher is the G30 holds a 10 rd mag flush. Size wise it isn't much larger than a Kahr PM45 which holds a 5rd mag sitting in the holster.

I'm not trying to influence anybody but do feel that some make an emotional decision to either like or dislike Glocks. For me, my carry gun is a tool that I can loose without regret. That's why I have two identical Glocks.

JimC
10-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Break-In Period...pg. 12 of my PM9 manual states that they require an initial break-in period and should not be considered reliable until after 200 rds. have been fired.

One of the first questions one will get from Kahr CS is, have you completed the break-in?

So I guess they require a break-in according to Kahr...

When I first signed on here a couple of years ago, The "higher authorities" were telling the neophyte and inexperienced shooters to "rack" their slides 500 times prior to their first range session. :rolleyes:

No, I don't dislike my Glocks nor my PM9. I just like the Glocks a little more and trust them even more.

FWIW, I think some people don't like Glock pistols because they are so damn trustworthy and one can depend on them.

jeepster09
10-12-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't dislike Glock pistols.
In fact, I kind of like them to the extent that I trust my life to my G27 each and every day that I carry it. ;)
I carried a G19 on duty for several years before retiring.
As an LE Firearms Instructor, I've seen hundreds of recruits and in service LEOs use several different types of Glocks with outstanding results and very few pistols down due to breaking.
If one should "break" they are normally readily repaired on the range by a simple part replacement.
Glocks are normally 100% right out of the box, even for the untrained.
While in LE I once took a brand new G19 straight out of the box, wiped it down, left the anti-seize lube in place and watched several shooters over the course of 5 days put 3,000+ rds. thru that G19 with it being cleaned once!!! :D Try that with a Kahr...;)
Glocks don't require a break in period of 200 rds. and you don't have to "rack the slide" 500 times prior to firing it.
Glock doesn't need a "prep" section for new Glock owners.
They don't break magazine followers and their mag bodies don't split!
Glock customer service is one of the best in the market and even far better as far as LE is concerned.
I currently own 5 Glock pistols and an added G22 upper to use on my G35 so I guess one could say I have 6 Glocks. I have owned as many as 13 at one time.
If one wants a good looking pistol, the Glock is not it but if one wants a pistol that will work when you need to have it work, then the Glock is the pistol that you want.
A few years back, Glock owned something like 72% of the current LE market, that has to account for something.
How many US Govt. contracts does Kahr have for duty handguns? :confused:
No, I don't dislike Glock pistols...

I have two Walther P99 pistols, one in .40 S&W and one in 9mm that I like just as much as my Glocks.

And BTW...I don't dislike my PM9 since I and Kahr got it to run 100%. ;)

This has more to do with "low bid" than anything else in all honesty. I am not knocking Glock's, I agree with the rest of your post. Glock low balled the price to get the bid. Just like Harley does to get the Police bike market.....they lease them for a "buck a year" in most markets. It is called cheap advertising exposure.

JimC
10-12-2013, 02:29 PM

This has more to do with "low bid" than anything else in all honesty. I am not knocking Glock's, I agree with the rest of your post. Glock low balled the price to get the bid. Just like Harley does to get the Police bike market.....they lease them for a "buck a year" in most markets. It is called cheap advertising exposure.

You are absolutely right about the low bid pricing. But, the fact is, they have a whole **** load of pistols out there in LE.

In fact, Glock has been know to under bid their own LE dealers and sell directly to a PD for less than their dealer is able to quote.

If asked nicely, they used to "throw in" a supply of the most commonly used spare parts for the number of guns that were purchased. I don't know if they still do that but it was nice while they did.

No, I don't dislike my Glocks. ;)

b4uqzme
10-12-2013, 02:32 PM

Thanks otium. That was my point. There really isn't any rational reason why I dislike Glocks. If I was perfectly rational, I would love them too. I think our preferences are driven more by emotions than many of us would like to admit.

You might be onto something but I'm not gonna go out and get one. Too many other firearms calling me from the showcase.

Thanks everyone for your indulgence.

berettabone
10-12-2013, 04:15 PM
You are absolutely right about the low bid pricing. But, the fact is, they have a whole **** load of pistols out there in LE.

In fact, Glock has been know to under bid their own LE dealers and sell directly to a PD for less than their dealer is able to quote.

If asked nicely, they used to "throw in" a supply of the most commonly used spare parts for the number of guns that were purchased. I don't know if they still do that but it was nice while they did.

No, I don't dislike my Glocks. ;)
Sheriff's dept. by me just purchased 630 of them for $235 ea.........I know a couple of them............they said it's not their first, second or third choice. Kind of like Obamacare, they're forced to carry them.

yqtszhj
10-12-2013, 05:58 PM
My prior Toyota pickup, a 1988 I4 4x4, had 389K before it kicked the bucket.
That's with the original engine and transmission.

I'd put in for a warranty claim if I was you... ;)

Planedude
10-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Don't like Glocks because the grip angle is ergonomically wrong for me. I shoot them well enough, after I remember to adjust my grip by canting my wrist.
Would not pay the current price for a new gen 4 of any model Glock, not when their are much prettier guns out there in the same price class.

I am still looking to make a fair deal on a Gen2 model 17...

On the subject of Toyotas and such, well I drive Dodges (love the 5.7 hemi) but we bought both our kids Corollas for collage drivers (02 & 04). They both still have them and are both still happy with them. Shrug, no accounting for taste.

If your paying the bills, you should have whatever it is that you like.

JimC
10-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Sheriff's dept. by me just purchased 630 of them for $235 ea.........I know a couple of them............they said it's not their first, second or third choice. Kind of like Obamacare, they're forced to carry them.

"You can't always get what you want"...Mick Jagger ;)

berettabone
10-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Mick doesn't have to feel comfortable with what he carries, to protect the public...........

ltxi
10-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Don't like Glocks because the grip angle is ergonomically wrong for me. I shoot them well enough, after I remember to adjust my grip by canting my wrist.
Would not pay the current price for a new gen 4 of any model Glock, not when their are much prettier guns out there in the same price class.

I am still looking to make a fair deal on a Gen2 model 17...

On the subject of Toyotas and such, well I drive Dodges (love the 5.7 hemi) but we bought both our kids Corollas for collage drivers (02 & 04). They both still have them and are both still happy with them. Shrug, no accounting for taste.

If your paying the bills, you should have whatever it is that you like.

Grip angle is my primary issue with Glock as well. My secondary issue is the functional lack of a safety, something I don't at all like in what's essentially a short trigger s/a gun. Other than that, I believe they're the best appliance pistols in existence.

I have an old, Gen2, G23 duty gun that I guess I just adapted to because I shoot it comfortably well. On the other hand, I have a G27 that I've never been reliably able to hit anything with beyond the first shot 'cept in slow fire.

I've been considering a Gen4 G19 because of the modular backstrap. Unfortunately, I saw none at yesterday's gun show.

addictedhealer
10-13-2013, 06:48 PM
I want to like Glock but can't. The grip is retarded and the feel of the trigger (not the action) is uncomfortable.

Also have a reliable Toyota, 1995 Camry with 265K with one oil change a year. I love American trucks but American cars suck, I also have a Subaru Impreza and will always but Subaru or Toyota.

bonjorno2
10-13-2013, 07:48 PM
The glock gen 4's feel the best to me. They aren't the best looking gun on the market however my 27 gen 4 gets more than it's share of carry time. I am waiting on my pjholster then I will start to carry my glock 30s as well. For summer carry the 27 is the best iwb gun I have. The kahr mk is a very close second and is easier to conceal since it's not a fatty like the glock. However, the 5 plus 1 vs the 9 plus 1 makes me take the glock depending on where I am going. The kahrs trigger is just so much better than the glocks or really any other gun right out of the box!

Popeye
10-14-2013, 05:56 AM
I don't dislike Glocks. They may not be my favorite pistol, and I despise some of there obnoxious kool aide drinking owners, who seem to think it is the only pistol on earth worth owning, but if I judge just the pistol itself and forget all the pro and con nonsense I believe it has proven itself to be a very reliable firearm. Good gun it might be,but certainly nothing special. JMHO..

jocko
10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
I oten wonderif glock made a gun samesize and weight as the PMJ9 , howmany here would jump ship. Just sayin

bonjorno2
10-14-2013, 10:40 AM
^^ Jocko I know for a fact that I would give it a shot! It's going to lack kahr's trigger that I love, but worth a shot!

jocko
10-14-2013, 10:59 AM
so would I...

I would not jump ship though but just move to a nutter deckj. jUST SAYIN

OldLincoln
10-14-2013, 11:17 AM
The Glock as the same safety as the Kahr - none. The difference to me is the Glock trigger pull is very light, about the same as Dad's Colt single action. I don't know about the grip angle compared to other guns but it does work for me. Now it definitely did not work for me until they came out with the short frame.

I haven't shot many very many other guns with which to compare, so I'll stick with what I know.

jocko
10-14-2013, 12:41 PM
basically right old lincoln, but kahrs striker is maybe 10% pre cocked where as glocks is over 50% preecocked and a shorter triger pull, so to me kahrs are safer and if glock wants to call that trigger safety a safety, then I guess they can.
Both guns do require one to pull the trigger, just akes more or less on each model.

JimC
10-14-2013, 01:14 PM
I oten wonderif glock made a gun samesize and weight as the PMJ9 , howmany here would jump ship. Just sayin

I wouldn't jump ship but I would definitely buy one.
I would keep my PM9, my G27 and everything else. ;)

JimC
10-14-2013, 01:18 PM
The Glock as the same safety as the Kahr - none.

Technically incorrect, the Glock has three internal safeties.

1. Trigger safety - actually external IMO
2. Firing pin safety
3. Drop safety.

garyb
10-14-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not a Glock basher. I don't own one because I don't care for the trigger. But they are a very good gun.

7shot
10-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Glocks are a good reliable gun, I just didn't like the grip angle.

jocko
10-14-2013, 03:34 PM
damn, sounds like a glock forum..Just sayhin

ltxi
10-14-2013, 04:45 PM
From whence this forum was developed, four years back. Glock Talk...Kahr thread

Sage
10-14-2013, 05:16 PM
I bought my first Glock (G23) as soon as the Gen4's came out. Out of every magazine I was getting 2-3 hits of brass to the face. I took it back to Glock twice to no avail. I sold it and gave up on Glocks, maybe I'll try again when the Gen5's come out.

OldLincoln
10-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Technically incorrect, the Glock has three internal safeties.

1. Trigger safety - actually external IMO
2. Firing pin safety
3. Drop safety.

But if you inadvertanly pull the trigger holstering it, it still goes bang. Just like a Kahr.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Bawanna
10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Correct and it happens Glocks. Actually surprised it doesn't happen more than it does. Many figure Safe Action, what could go wrong.

bonjorno2
10-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Colonel make me some grips for my glock? I'll just screw them into the frame

Bawanna
10-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Maybe hot glue, screws can be so unsightly.

b4uqzme
10-14-2013, 07:59 PM
duct tape would probably work...or maybe construction adhesive...:cool:

b4uqzme
10-14-2013, 08:00 PM
worm clamps?

bonjorno2
10-14-2013, 08:06 PM
plastic jb weld... what was I thinking screws smh

JimC
10-15-2013, 03:31 AM
But if you inadvertanly pull the trigger holstering it, it still goes bang. Just like a Kahr.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's just poor gun handling or a lack of training. No fault of the gun, just a dumb owner.

I've seen thousands upon thousands of draws and re-holsters...not a single AD or ND due to finger in the trigger guard.

I know of a guy that attempted to holster a S&W DA revolver with the action cocked in SA!!! Yes, the revolver fired but missed his leg. :ohmy:

That's just poor gun handling or a lack of training. No fault of the gun, just a dumb owner.

Rubb
10-15-2013, 06:07 AM

Yeahh!!

They could start from scratch with the Little Glock Pistol.
I'm sure it would be far superior to the Kahr PM9.
In fact, it would be so superior it would earn the praise of gun writers everywhere.

berettabone
10-15-2013, 08:57 AM

I've seen thousands upon thousands of draws and re-holsters...not a single AD or ND due to finger in the trigger guard.

I know of a guy that attempted to holster a S&W DA revolver with the action cocked in SA!!! Yes, the revolver fired but missed his leg. :ohmy:

And there are lots of them..................................see them at the range all the time...............http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

jocko
10-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeahh!!

They could start from scratch with the Little Glock Pistol.
I'm sure it would be far superior to the Kahr PM9.
In fact, it would be so superior it would earn the praise of gun writers everywhere.

that would indeed remind me of the Ruger LCP AND tHE KEL TEK 380. CERTAINLY NO SILILAIRITES THERE WOULD U THINK??? jUST SAY9IN

getsome
10-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Bawanna grips on a Glock, Lord have Mercy on us....Be like puttin Lipstick on a Pig....

I don't hate them and even thought about buying a Gen 4 in either 9mm or .40 but after holding one and firing a rental pistol I just couldn't find a comfortable way to grip the thing, it really did feel like a Block in my hand....Not sure why they couldn't make it more ergonomic and fit the human hand better...I like theTman bought a S&W M&P an never looked back, it has Glock quality and reliability but fits my hand like a glove....IMHO the M&P is a perfected Glock...

As I understand it the reason Glock doesn't make a PM sized pocket pistol is due to the 1968 gun law that doesn't allow import of so called "Saturday Night Special" sized guns....I may be wrong about this but I think pocket guns have to be 100% made in USA not just assembled from foreign parts like a Glock...

If Glock did start making a PM sized gun in America I'd buy two of um even though I don't much care for the Glock trigger I would still want one and so would everybody else and their brother...

Love um or hate um Glocks are what they are, a well made, accurate, reliable but ugly pistol that works and sells well to the Law Enforcement and civilian market as well, they are the "Timex" of pistols...

jocko
10-15-2013, 12:14 PM
THERE IS A POINTS SYSTEM GETSOME

TO BRING A GUN INTO THIS CUNTRY. nOT SURE HOW IT WORKS BUT YOUR PARTIALLY RGHT ON THE SUB GUN. tHEY DON'T OUTLAW THEM,THEY JUST MAKE UM SO FOKKING HAR DTO MAKE ON THAT EVIDENTLY GLOCK SAYS IT AIN'T WORTH IT. THERE LTTILE BUT imo BIG 380 IS IMPORTED INTO THIS CUNTRY BUT ONLY AVAILALBE TO leo PEOPLE. NO OEVER THE COUNTRY SALES DUE TO WHAT U BASICALAY STATED

Kahr could ake a double stack small ass 9 . I have no doubt about thayt and IMO with no proof either, I think we will see a kahrd Double stack and IMO it will be a 9mm first. It could be in th4e cw or P size even, Its doable IMO, just takes some time and engineering to get it goin. Time will tell

Mad Jack
11-21-2013, 03:39 PM
I sold a Glock 26 to buy my MK40. The MK is slim and trim and easy to conceal.
True that the Glock is ultra reliable but it is like comparing a Porshe to a V.W. bug.
I am not a Glock fan either.

Bawanna
11-21-2013, 03:47 PM
In High School I wouldn't even ride in a Volkswagon, my grandpa instilled in me they were crap. Out of High School I learned some and since owned probably 10 VW Bugs. Fastest car I ever owned was a 68 Beetle with a severely souped up motor.

I never had a house with a Porsche so don't much about them.

Mad Jack
11-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Sorry if I dissed a fond memory for you.
I rode home from work in a blizzard at 3 AM one morning. It took 4 hours to go 21 miles. I haven't been in a bug since and have no urge to enter one again.

Bawanna
11-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Nothing to be sorry about. I haven't been in one for 30 years and mostly likely won't be again either.

I've often thought the auto industry blew it in not following the pattern of the bug though. Make the same car year after year, no changes. Keep the cost down, keep the options limited. Something the average guy could afford.

Nothing showy, just basic transportation, make it cool to begin with, basic doesn't have to be ugly.

But folks always seem to want the newest latest bestest most different new thing that comes out.

And that is why I'm not fond of Glocks????:confused:

ltxi
11-21-2013, 04:40 PM
It got you there, didn't it?

Bawanna
11-21-2013, 05:20 PM
It got you there, didn't it?

Most of the time, sometimes it was like an ole Triumph I had, let your buddies know you'd meet em at a certain time and if you weren't there by a certain time the damn thing didn't start.

JGIORD
11-22-2013, 08:30 AM
I love my Glock. Have a G26 and eventhough it was put to rest by my newly acquired CM9 for EDC I have no plans on selling it.

It is still a great gun and super reliable and accurate.

cltyus1
11-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Gosh I love my Glock 26, but I sometimes carry my cw45 as well

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Armybrat
11-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Most of the time, sometimes it was like an ole Triumph I had, let your buddies know you'd meet em at a certain time and if you weren't there by a certain time the damn thing didn't start.

You had a Triumph?

I had an MGA roadster during my college days in the '60s.

Then bought a 1974 MGB roadster in 1990 when my midlife crisis hit. Kept that money pit for 10 years before selling it to a collector from Dallas.

Bawanna
11-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Two wheeler Triumph. Never had one of the fix it again Tony cars.

Wanted an MG for a while but got over that before I actually ever had one.

Couple friends had Renault Dauphines? I think they were called. Strange cars those. Not bad to work on, straight 4 in the back.

b4uqzme
11-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Couple friends had Renault Dauphines? I think they were called. Strange cars those. Not bad to work on, straight 4 in the back.

What the heck were they smokin?
My dad had a Triumph TR something or other when I was real young. I thought it was called a "Tramp". Would have been more accurate.

laserfish
11-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Had a Triumph GT6 in college. Every year I had to replace more wiring to get it to pass inspection. College kid, all I had was speaker wire. Half of that car was wired with speaker wire. Sure was fast though. Basically a hard top Spitfire with a straight 6 motor. Probably couldn't even fit behind the wheel today!!

b4uqzme
11-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Had a Triumph GT6 in college. Every year I had to replace more wiring to get it to pass inspection. College kid, all I had was speaker wire. Half of that car was wired with speaker wire. Sure was fast though. Basically a hard top Spitfire with a straight 6 motor. Probably couldn't even fit behind the wheel today!!

bet it "sounded" good too ;)

berettabone
11-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Two wheeler Triumph. Never had one of the fix it again Tony cars.

Wanted an MG for a while but got over that before I actually ever had one.

They had the three toned horn...................

The Faux King
12-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I love my Glock 26, but it obviously isn't "perfect" despite what Glock's slogan might be! :yo:

Still one heck of a pistol. Simple to take care of, I'm pretty sure my 82 year old arthritic grandma could take the whole thing apart and reassemble it and hit a bullseye at seven yards within a matter of minutes.

cltyus1
12-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I love my Glock 26, but it obviously isn't "perfect" despite what Glock's slogan might be! :yo:

Still one heck of a pistol. Simple to take care of, I'm pretty sure my 82 year old arthritic grandma could take the whole thing apart and reassemble it and hit a bullseye at seven yards within a matter of minutes.

Man my g26 is perfect

OldLincoln
12-02-2013, 09:32 PM
One thing I don't care for on my Glocks is the slide un-lock nub that you push down on each side of the slide for cleaning. I read a post somewhere a couple days ago about a replace part that makes the do-hickies stick out 1mm further. They are cheap (I like cheap!) so I bought a pair - they arrive this week. Other than that my G30SF shoots very well. So does my G30SF.

cigarrodog
12-02-2013, 10:50 PM
At the risk of a Newbie responding to this thread, I'd venture to say that my G17 and G26 are happy additions to my collection. They're very reliable and accurate. Though I give it, no TLC is required. I see them as just another tool in the toolbox. Having said that, whatever floats another's boat. I'd also add that my PM9 will be my first choice for CC.

RRP
12-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Other than that my G30SF shoots very well. So does my G30SF.

One for each hand; I love it!

DanTana
12-03-2013, 07:01 AM
I was so close to buying a Glock at one time. They do have a pretty decent reputation, seem to have tons of accessories and parts available, and are available almost everywhere. A couple things I wanted that the Glock does not provide, 1. Milled slide for optics, my eyes are getting bad, a red dot is a life saver. 2. Ergonomics, Glock feels like a brick in my hands. Maybe just me, but I held a S&W M&P .40L CORE and it fit like a glove. It is very tame shooter, hardly any felt recoil. 3. Trigger, the stock Glock trigger I really didn't care for, granted the stock S&W trigger leaves much to be desired too, but after the Apex kit in it, it is one sweet trigger now. One reason I bought the CM9, I really liked the trigger on it, one of the best I've felt outside a competition pistol. I can't say I really dislike Glocks, but I guess they earned the reputation they have. I just didn't find it all that impressive to me overall. I wanted to get a Glock 30 after reading Massad review on them, but it too felt like a brick in my hand, even the SF model. Plus, they are ugly. I am curious about the new Caracal that was designed by Glocks ex-designer, seems it is a evolution of the Glock design.

BTW I do own two Toyotas, a Sienna and a Camry. I was a devout GM man until a few years ago.

oppi27
12-03-2013, 10:51 AM
I love them, I have a 19,26 & a 20. I love my Cm9 but If glock had made a single stack 9mm I don't know If I would have bought the Kahr.

It took a company not having something I had the need for, for me to look at the Kahr. I'm glad I did, I carry this gun more than others, and man it's a shooter.

gb6491
12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't have a problem with Glocks, but the new finish (smooth, flat grey) on them sucks. It doesn't look that good to me or seem very durable. I looked at four G30S pistols the other day and all had damage/wear to the finish from just being in the factory box.
Regards,
Greg

ParabellumJ
12-03-2013, 01:11 PM
I love them, I have a 19,26 & a 20. I love my Cm9 but If glock had made a single stack 9mm I don't know If I would have bought the Kahr.

It took a company not having something I had the need for, for me to look at the Kahr. I'm glad I did, I carry this gun more than others, and man it's a shooter.

Glock is releasing two new models at SHOT this year, the G41 and G42. Rumor is the G42 is a single stack subcompact, possibly 9mm.

nimdabew
12-03-2013, 01:14 PM
I have heard their single stack is a .380. Not interested.

getsome
12-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Several gun rags with inside information say the new Glock 42 compact will be a small thin single stack 9mm with .40 to come later and will be a direct competitor to the S&W Shield and will be very similar in size....Still not a true pocket pistol but is being marketed as a LEO backup pistol.....We shall wait and see but it sounds interesting for anyone looking for a compact reliable CCW for IWB carry.....Still aint a Kahr though...:D

jocko
12-03-2013, 02:22 PM
would be nice if it was a 9 andnot a 380..

Bushmaster1911
12-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't own a Glock and agree with the OP on the reasons. I ordered one before they hit the 10k serial # point. I had an FFL in the 80's and early 90's and had a cop friend ask me to get one for him. I wasn't impressed then, I'm not impressed now. My biggest objection is the fanboys on the forums. I've actually warmed enough to poly guns to now own several. I just refuse to ever add a Glock, even the name sounds like what I step in when I visit a ranch.

oppi27
12-03-2013, 02:34 PM
would be nice if it was a 9 andnot a 380..

I agree. I just can't see it being a 380. But I sure like the size of the gun in this pic. Hoping for a 9 http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/04/y3yzymuj.jpg

jocko
12-03-2013, 04:00 PM
I would have no doubt thatit willbe a good gun. They will be a true competitor to all the small compact makers, IMO, if it is small enough, to pocket.

Bawanna
12-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Only sheepherders pocket carry. Real men and even some half men wear belts.

ParabellumJ
12-03-2013, 04:34 PM
If it's a 9mm they will be a hot seller. When I bought my Kahr I chose it because there was not a Glock in similar size, and it was before the shield was released. Now that I sold off my Kahr for a G26 I have adapted to carrying a bigger gun. The G42 may have me thinking small again, especially for summer.

Bawanna
12-03-2013, 05:37 PM
If I pocket carried (which I don't) I would not relish the idea of a Glock trigger in my pocket.

I'd probably have to get one of those little plastic blocks they stick behind the trigger you push out before you shoot.

Personally I think they are a few years too late to the party but undoubtedly some will dig it or they wouldn't do it in the first place.

gb6491
12-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Only sheepherders pocket carry. Real men and even some half men wear belts.
Ain't that the truth:D

If I pocket carried (which I don't) I would not relish the idea of a Glock trigger in my pocket.

I'd probably have to get one of those little plastic blocks they stick behind the trigger you push out before you shoot.

Personally I think they are a few years too late to the party but undoubtedly some will dig it or they wouldn't do it in the first place.
You think we might see the phrase "Glock Pocket" (or something of that ilk) joining "Glock Leg" in the future?:eek:
Regards,
Greg

OldLincoln
12-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Wait until the gory pics start to roll out of former males missing serious body parts. Might be enough to get Nancy Pelosi to change her mind about gun control. Or at least make this one exempt.

Anybody who carries any gun without a good external safety naked in the pocket needs some training.

Bawanna
12-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Yup First Aid training.

Daddy sing bass, glock pocket sing tenor!

berettabone
12-03-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't own a Glock and agree with the OP on the reasons. I ordered one before they hit the 10k serial # point. I had an FFL in the 80's and early 90's and had a cop friend ask me to get one for him. I wasn't impressed then, I'm not impressed now. My biggest objection is the fanboys on the forums. I've actually warmed enough to poly guns to now own several. I just refuse to ever add a Glock, even the name sounds like what I step in when I visit a ranch.
:cheer2:

b4uqzme
12-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I agree. I just can't see it being a 380. But I sure like the size of the gun in this pic. Hoping for a 9 http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/04/y3yzymuj.jpg

I was wondering if it will still be ugly... It appears so. Thanks for the pic. :cool:

ParabellumJ
12-03-2013, 10:50 PM
I was wondering if it will still be ugly... It appears so. Thanks for the pic. :cool:

Don't judge a book by its cover. I know this, lots of people will be lining up to get their hands on that ugly little gun, including lots of people who currently own other small carry guns. The rest of the industry just saw a chuck of their market share get taken, again.

wyntrout
12-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Glock needs to make a single-stack that uses all steel magazines, instead of wrapping them in a thick polymer shell and using plastic-to-plastic lockup. They would need to redesign the magazine and its catch mechanism.

Kahr already makes single-stack sub-compacts. Justin Moon had to invent a totally new gun to reach the compactness desired with full big-gun features.

Wynn:)

b4uqzme
12-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Don't judge a book by its cover. I know this, lots of people will be lining up to get their hands on that ugly little gun, including lots of people who currently own other small carry guns. The rest of the industry just saw a chuck of their market share get taken, again.

No argument there. But still ugly. :)

It's funny. In some ways Kahrs and Glocks look alike. But the differences...well...make a difference.

wyntrout
12-04-2013, 09:45 AM
If they got rid of that big, UGLY square trigger guard, it would help. WTH is that thing for?

Wynn:confused:

jocko
12-04-2013, 12:05 PM
No argument there. But still ugly. :)

It's funny. In some ways Kahrs and Glocks look alike. But the differences...well...make a difference.

I have been telling my wife when i BRING HME PLAYBOY AND PENTHOUSE. just sayin

jocko
12-04-2013, 12:06 PM
If they got rid of that big, UGLY square trigger guard, it would help. WTH is that thing for?

Wynn:confused:

bothered me but I think there is enough trigger guard there to round off even and never be noticved

Bawanna
12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Yup, file it off, no big deal.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n538/hopke5/DSCN1566.jpg (http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/hopke5/media/DSCN1566.jpg.html)

jocko
12-04-2013, 12:19 PM
nice work, that grip stippling looks like damn warts..

Bawanna
12-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Truck bed liner. Since I done some stippling since I thought about peeling it off and stippling it proper but it feels good in the hand. At least good as far as Glocks go.

It's kind of squishy and flexible. Looks like hell but it works great.

JERRY
12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
for all the criticism of glocks, if they made a G26.5 Kahr would be in trouble. a G26 scaled down thinner like the did the with G36 v. the G30.....

a G26 with a thinner slide and grip would put it in the same league as the PM9 but without the magazine problems associated with Kahrs....

Tinman507
12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
there's an old joke in there...

Something that looks bad but feels good?

jocko
12-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Truck bed liner. Since I done some stippling since I thought about peeling it off and stippling it proper but it feels good in the hand. At least good as far as Glocks go.

It's kind of squishy and flexible. Looks like hell but it works great.

truck bedliner on a fokking glock what total disrespect "to the truck bed line aker"

Well u know IfI can seeit on the sh!t photo u put in here, that in real life it would make me puke. It looks like crap. Just sayin:amflag:

jocko
12-04-2013, 12:40 PM
indeed a photo of jocko and one of his prize sheep, might look bad but oh doe sit feel so so good. Is that what ur referring to??? Or am I off a tad.

Tinman507
12-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Is that what ur referring to??? No Or am I off a tad.Yes you are off a tad.

Tinman507
12-04-2013, 01:38 PM
A man walks into work and his boss sees him and says,
"Dude, you look bad." The man says, "But I feel good."
Boss says "I don't know, I'd have that checked out if I were you."
He walks towards his office and a co-worker sees him and says,
"Dude, you look bad."
He says, "But I feel good." Co-worker says, "I don't know, I'd have
that checked out if I were you."
So he goes to his doctor and while waiting to see him a new intern see's him
and says, "Dude, you look bad."
He says, "Yeah, I know, but I feel good. What does that mean?"
The intern says, "Well, lets look it up in the medical dictionary."
The intern grabs the book and starts flippin through pages, muttering under his breath, "That would be under L, right ?"
"Ah, here it is. Looks bad, feels good. Dude, you're a vagina."

getsome
12-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Ba Dum Bum TISSSSSSCH

wyntrout
12-04-2013, 03:11 PM
If we had an ugliest Kahr contest, I don't think that Bawanna would win. I think Jocko's "custom" PM9J would win that hands down!

Not knocking anybody's cherished weapon, but it just goes to show that "beauty is in the eye of the holder"... that said... OUCH!:eek: I thought that Bawanna had "blackened" his Glock with a torch!

It would seem that a guy who can make beautiful and exotic pistol grips could do a bit better than that! But, to each his own... different drummer... and all of that!

Wynn:D

Bawanna
12-04-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm hurt Wyn, hurt right to the core.:D

I think I'll get down on the floor in a fetal position and suck my thumb.:o

It's actually not that ugly in person, well, maybe it is.......................

jocko
12-04-2013, 03:19 PM
If we had an ugliest Kahr contest, I don't think that Bawanna would win. I think Jocko's "custom" PM9J would win that hands down!

Not knocking anybody's cherished weapon, but it just goes to show that "beauty is in the eye of the holder"... that said... OUCH!:eek: I thought that Bawanna had "blackened" his Glock with a torch!

It would seem that a guy who can make beautiful and exotic pistol grips could do a bit better than that! But, to each his own... different drummer... and all of that!

Wynn:D

I'm hurt:(

Tinman507
12-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm hurt:(

You think you're hurt now, just wait until you look in the avatar mirror.

Bawanna
12-04-2013, 04:51 PM
rat!

jocko
12-04-2013, 05:02 PM
holly sheep, I mean cow, I missed that. beats a photo of a honder, that is for sure. Just sayin

ParabellumJ
12-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Glock needs to make a single-stack that uses all steel magazines, instead of wrapping them in a thick polymer shell and using plastic-to-plastic lockup. They would need to redesign the magazine and its catch mechanism.

Kahr already makes single-stack sub-compacts. Justin Moon had to invent a totally new gun to reach the compactness desired with full big-gun features.

Glock magazines are among the toughest and most reliable in the industry. I think it's Kahr who needs to redesign their mags, not Glock.

ParabellumJ
12-04-2013, 06:59 PM
for all the criticism of glocks, if they made a G26.5 Kahr would be in trouble. a G26 scaled down thinner like the did the with G36 v. the G30.....

a G26 with a thinner slide and grip would put it in the same league as the PM9 but without the magazine problems associated with Kahrs....

I believe the Glock 42 is just that. Either that or it's a 380 and will suck. Can't wait for SHOT to find out. If it is a single stack 9 I predict lots of used Kahrs, Shields, XDs, PPS, LCPs and the like hitting the market.

wyntrout
12-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Glock magazines are among the toughest and most reliable in the industry. I think it's Kahr who needs to redesign their mags, not Glock.

If the idea is to make a narrower smaller grip... as the steel 1911 mags allow... Glock needs to make a narrower magazine... an all-steel one will do that, but not if they persist in adding a thick polymer shell over the whole thing.

If you want to continue with the LARGE BLOCKY concept for high capacity, you're not going to make a pistol smaller than Kahrs.

Some of you guys want Kahr to make larger capacity pistols... and... you want Glock to make a Kahr-like single-stack pistol! :rolleyes:

I choose to carry Kahrs for concealment and Glocks for firepower.

Captquest
12-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Well, I'm not a Block fan either, but I do have a Toyota Taco with 358k miles on it that runs great.

OldLincoln
12-07-2013, 10:21 PM
I chose the G30 SF because the mag holds 10rds (CA maximum) in the same length grip as the PM45. It is fatter but not by much and it conceals easily. If I carried a PM45 I'd want a spare mag. With the G30 SF I feel okay with the 10+1 without a reload. Hell, I'd probably fumble a reload anyhow.

But the real reason I'm posting tonight is I got the extended slide release bar that sticks out the sides 1mm more than factory. I was amazed at the difference it makes in stripping the slide off the frame. It's cheap and took me less than 5 minutes to replace (drop in replacement). If you have to retry pulling the tabs down to unlock the slide you gotta have this!

cltyus1
12-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Only complaint I had about my Glock is i didn't have to go a break in period and keep sending it back to kahr I mean Glock.... And testing different ammo to see what works... Just put anything in there and boom! That sucks

chrish
12-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Only complaint I had about my Glock is i didn't have to go a break in period and keep sending it back to kahr I mean Glock.... And testing different ammo to see what works... Just put anything in there and boom! That sucks

Yawn! Anecdotal experience doesn't count.

A quick google search of 'glock sent back to factory' yields plenty of Glock issues.

I see your break in period and ammo testing issues and raise you my anecdotal evidence with 3 Kahrs that didn't have a single problem w/ any ammo put thru them from round 1 to round X per gun. ball, hp, heavy, light, standard, +P.

ParabellumJ
12-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Yawn! Anecdotal experience doesn't count.

A quick google search of 'glock sent back to factory' yields plenty of Glock issues.

I see your break in period and ammo testing issues and raise you my anecdotal evidence with 3 Kahrs that didn't have a single problem w/ any ammo put thru them from round 1 to round X per gun. ball, hp, heavy, light, standard, +P.

As much as I like watching a pissing contest, it usually ends up in a draw. Glock and Kahr are two different weapons, so comparing them is apples to oranges. Glock is a duty weapon built to loose tolerances for the benefit of extended use without cleaning. They are not pretty, but they are rugged and reliable. Kahr is a concealed carry weapon built to very tight tolerances. These tight tolerances require break in where Glocks loose tolerances do not. These are facts that no one here will dispute.

Anyone can use Google. You can type in any product made, firearm or otherwise and find reports of problems. But until you have the experience you don't really know. Since I have owned both Glocks (19 & 26) and Kahrs (CM9 & PM9) I have some personal experience that I can go by.

My first Kahr was a CM9. Typical tight Kahr, some reliability issues early on during break in. Then the magazine follower broke after 300 rounds. Gun went back to Kahr and they were great. They fixed it and I never had another problem with it. I kept it until I found a great deal on a PM9 with night sights and traded the CM in on it. I had the same exact experience, broken magazine followers. I sent it back to Kahr (again) and they fixed it (again). I no longer own a Kahr. Both guns ran fine, but only after going back to the manufacturer to fix a well known issue that they still haven't got right.

My Glock experience is a shorter story. Between the two guns I have almost 10,000 rounds fired. Neither one has ever malfunctioned once. They just work. The magazines too. I hear Glock has good customer service but I wouldn't know, I have never needed to call.

My experiences may be very different from someone else. Then again they may be the same. I only know what I have learned from personal use of these products. And from what I know about each brand my experiences were not uncommon. Do I hate Kahr for it? Not at all. Good company, good customer service. And good guns, even if the factory needs to fix the tolerances sometimes after they ship. Most people that hate Glock have never owned one. They hate them because they don't like how they look or feel, not because they don't work. I know people who hate Glock just because they are popular. Personally I don't care what guns someone else doesn't like or the reasons why. But yet here we are, having an internet pissing contest about why we hate Glocks. Guess what? I hate Kel-Tec, and my reasons are from personal experience. Maybe I should start a thread.

Sorry for the rant. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

b4uqzme
12-08-2013, 04:19 AM
PJ et. al,

Thanks for the comments. As the OP, I feel I am uniquely qualified to reply. Notice that the thread is titled "Why I DISLIKE Glocks". Not hate. I really don't like them and was reflecting on the reasons why...and was curious to see how others felt. We all have our preferences and they are usually based on very limited experience and are more emotional than rational. That's what I wanted to point out. We tend to be very serious about our firearms and very serious about our preferences. But they are just that: preferences. They mean more about us than the firearm. I see thread after thread declaring that, just because the poster doesn't like (insert brand name here) --- or had a bad experience with (insert brand name here), it's a bad gun. And I think that's overstepping our own limited experience a bit. So of course it's a pissing contest and it will never get anywhere. But a forum, by definition, is a place for opinions. And I try not to take mine too seriously.

JimC
12-08-2013, 05:16 AM
I choose to carry Kahrs for concealment and Glocks for firepower.

And reliability. ;)

JimC
12-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Many shooters dislike or hate Glock pistols because they just plain work better than the pistol that they personally favor.

DeaconKC
12-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Okay, there is no perfect pistol out there for everyone or every use. I grew up shooting S&W revolvers and 1911s, so I am a snob when it comes to crisp trigger pulls. I really dislike the trigger on my Glock 23 [department issue] but I have carried this gun every day for 13+ years and only had 1 misfire in thousands of rounds, and that was a bad round. It is ugly to me, but when they replace these guns, I am going to buy this one as it is a superbly reliable gun.

chrish
12-08-2013, 10:59 AM
As much as I like watching a pissing contest...

Many shooters dislike or hate Glock pistols because they just plain work better than the pistol that they personally favor.

I don't hate or dislike Glocks. In fact, considering a 19 or 17 in a future purchase at some point. I was merely responding to a snarky comment based in anecdotal evidence. Anyone who believes 'Glock is Perfection' or 'Thin is Sexy' has missed the entire point and hasn't done their homework.

berettabone
12-09-2013, 02:17 PM
PJ et. al,

Thanks for the comments. As the OP, I feel I am uniquely qualified to reply. Notice that the thread is titled "Why I DISLIKE Glocks". Not hate. I really don't like them and was reflecting on the reasons why...and was curious to see how others felt. We all have our preferences and they are usually based on very limited experience and are more emotional than rational. That's what I wanted to point out. We tend to be very serious about our firearms and very serious about our preferences. But they are just that: preferences. They mean more about us than the firearm. I see thread after thread declaring that, just because the poster doesn't like (insert brand name here) --- or had a bad experience with (insert brand name here), it's a bad gun. And I think that's overstepping our own limited experience a bit. So of course it's a pissing contest and it will never get anywhere. But a forum, by definition, is a place for opinions. And I try not to take mine too seriously.
Hate is such a strong word. I don't hate Glock.............I dislike them immensely.......there's a difference. I don't like them, because of the way they feel, not because of their function, or reliability. I think some people just like to throw a bit of gunpowder in the fire.........seems that Glock owners are a bit touchy when it comes to the firearm of their choice. I could care less if someone bashed my choice of firearm......they're not carrying it, I am.;)

cletus
12-18-2013, 01:43 PM
I had this huge long winded reply why I dislike glocks. Deleted it a couple times, changed the wording around a bunch. But I decided I don't' want to bore everyone with a story here. Bottom line, I don't mind Glocks per say, I just dislike the persona/attitude that seems to be so infectious with the majority of their owners. Otherwise, great gun. but I'll never own one again.

btw, I'm new here, and new to Kahrs. Loving this product line, and its not Glock :rolleyes:

JimC
12-18-2013, 01:55 PM
the persona/attitude that seems to be so infectious with the majority of their owners

Kind of like some Kahr owners here. ;)

cletus
12-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Kind of like some Kahr owners here. ;)

Lol, well all I know is I got my first one today. So probably will need some for my transformation to complete

getsome
12-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Welcome to Delta house I mean Kahrtalk cletus.....Glad you found us on your way back from the "Dark Side"....We accept almost anybody here, even Glocksters, heck we even let ole Jocko in so have a good time and enjoy your new Kahr....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMENQeCbxfI

b4uqzme
12-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Welcome cletus. Sorry we missed out on the long-winded reply. We're used to 'em around here.

Bawanna
12-18-2013, 03:05 PM
On this school of thought and I know I'm not gonna be popular here for saying so. I love Sigs. BUT they don't fit me for beans. I've tried a couple. I deeply desire a 220 SAS. Don't fit me for beans, can't shoot worth a darn but I still want one.

Pretty much the same thing with many of the HK line.

Don't be hating.

Ok I detect a lynch mob mentality here, I'm going out back and beat yall to it.

Never been the honored guest of a necktie party before.

berettabone
12-18-2013, 04:35 PM
On this school of thought and I know I'm not gonna be popular here for saying so. I love Sigs. BUT they don't fit me for beans. I've tried a couple. I deeply desire a 220 SAS. Don't fit me for beans, can't shoot worth a darn but I still want one.

Don't be hating.

I can understand your wants.................I traded a Ruger SR40 for one. Stainless slide. A little large in the grip, but I make do. Nice firearm.http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

JimC
12-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Lol, well all I know is I got my first one today. So probably will need some for my transformation to complete

Enjoy your Kahr...

Some of the worse gun brand fans are the Colt crowd! They don't even have much of a sense of humor when it comes to their beloved Colts. :)

JimC
12-18-2013, 05:03 PM

Don't be hating.

Nothing wrong with SIGs...

I have a W. German mfg. P226 made in '88 that I enjoy shooting very much.

lamppa
12-18-2013, 05:13 PM
P226 is a super pistol. The german made ones are coveted.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

cletus
12-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Enjoy your Kahr...

Some of the worse gun brand fans are the Colt crowd! They don't even have much of a sense of humor when it comes to their beloved Colts. :)

I can relate and probably a bit biased, because I'm a huge Colt fan myself. Everyone has their own take on why they like them, but for me, there are many great guns by comparison, but Colt revolvers IMHO are still second to none in craftsmanship & finish. I think classic, not modern, but classic S&W can rival Colt in that dept, but since they're still making them, to me, that makes the Colts timeless. Again, just opinions though. But yeah, I have gathered that mentality from that crowd too. I customize my guns all the time, even my beloved Colts. I don't dare say what work I done on their forums for fear they'd nail me to a cross for it. I just like custom shooter grade guns.

I guess every brand has a cult following, and the personalities of their owners follow along with it. But still, I never have encountered any criticism, harsher than the glock crowd. I think the frames contain arsenic or something, makes people go goofy.....

JimC
12-20-2013, 08:23 PM
P226 is a super pistol. The german made ones are coveted.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Great shooter...I installed a set of SIG night sights last year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/KobraCarry/Miscellaneous/IMG_2218.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/KobraCarry/media/Miscellaneous/IMG_2218.jpg.html)

RRP
12-20-2013, 08:29 PM
The photo must create an optical illusion, because it looks like the can blocks your sights.

JimC
12-21-2013, 03:44 AM
The photo must create an optical illusion, because it looks like the can blocks your sights.

No illusion at all, the "can" does block the sights as suppressors tend to do with the majority of pistols if the std. sights are not replace with higher ones.
I don't care for the higher sights when the pistol is used w/o the suppressor.
I like many, have chosen to "shoot thru" the can, it works very well.
I do this with my G17, G22 (.40 S&W), Walther P99 in 9mm along with the SIG P226 when firing each suppressed.
Another reason that I like Glocks...they suppress very easily and run fine. ;)

RRP
12-21-2013, 03:53 AM
Good explanation, JimC. Thanks.

jeepster09
12-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Glocks smocks.....apparently people that have them try to hide them....

b4uqzme
12-21-2013, 08:37 PM
It's always in the last place you'll look.

GLOCKROCKER
12-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Now that's an IWB holster! There is a way to make a Glock look good after all.

turn signal
01-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I don't like beets....

Brother from another mother !

If I was dying from hunger I'd eat em but not otherwise.

My hands too small for a glock, back of grip to trigger distance, coupled with the huge coke bottle grip frame, AND the weird non 45 degree angle....

I'd have one if it wasnt for that.

:rolleyes:

HAP1978
01-16-2014, 11:41 AM
I've read every post on this thread and thought I'd throw my .2 cents in.

I was a Glock man for many years and would only buy Glock. They are great and reliable guns. There's a reason there are so many out there.

My buddy had a Kahr for several years but for some reason I never held it. Anyway a few years ago I was in the market for a new pistol and the Kahr came to mind so I went down to Sportsman's Warehouse and tried one out. From the moment I held it I couldn't believe how much more comfortable it was than the Glock and the size was perfect for a concealed pistol.

I'm not a big guy so holding a Glock is not comfortable and carrying it on my hip doesn't really work out all that well. For me its all about carrying a good, comfortable concealed pistol and Kahr's fit that mold good for me.

Now if Glock came out with a good sub-compact 9mm, .40 or .45, I might consider buying one. Who knows if that will ever happen though.

Man, I sure like my Kahr pistols.

b4uqzme
01-16-2014, 12:47 PM
I've read every post on this thread and thought I'd throw my .2 cents in.

I was a Glock man for many years and would only buy Glock. They are great and reliable guns. There's a reason there are so many out there.

My buddy had a Kahr for several years but for some reason I never held it. Anyway a few years ago I was in the market for a new pistol and the Kahr came to mind so I went down to Sportsman's Warehouse and tried one out. From the moment I held it I couldn't believe how much more comfortable it was than the Glock and the size was perfect for a concealed pistol.

I'm not a big guy so holding a Glock is not comfortable and carrying it on my hip doesn't really work out all that well. For me its all about carrying a good, comfortable concealed pistol and Kahr's fit that mold good for me.

Now if Glock came out with a good sub-compact 9mm, .40 or .45, I might consider buying one. Who knows if that will ever happen though.

Man, I sure like my Kahr pistols.

:D.

smo79
01-19-2014, 09:53 PM
I have to say that I also own three glocks, a glock 19, 26, and a 20. I originally thought that I would like to ccw the g 26 but it's to big and bulky. I love my CW9 and that is the only 9mm pistol I shoot with any regularity. Kahr got it right with the grip angle, it is so much more comfortable, almost as good as my 1911.

timmy
01-20-2014, 03:29 AM
Only glock i ever really cared for was a Gen 2 G17

tc scout
01-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Being new to the forum, I don't want to offend anyone but I couldn't resist my 2 cents worth.
I have one Glock, G23 Gen3 and I love it. Had a G26 Gen3 and I hated it, just didn't seem to fit in anywhere, too bulky for carry and not a good range gun,gone.
I do like diversity however. I like different guns for a different purpose. One gun does not fill every need, at least for me.
As of right now it is a M&P Pro9, Glock 23 (which has been modified quite a bit), Berreta Nano, S&W 22a, Contender in .223 and just recently added a CM9, which may replace the Nano for carry.
I guess if everybody didn't like something different there wouldn't be so many choices on the market. To each his or her own.
Wife carries a S&W 38 special and I drive a Toyota Tacoma made in :amflag: :D

bob98366
01-26-2014, 02:06 PM
I guess if everybody didn't like something different there wouldn't be so many choices on the market. To each his or her own.

Well said, TC. Fit firearms to the requirement and to the shooter. Plus if we all wanted the same thing, it would be priced sky high.

b4uqzme
03-17-2014, 08:27 PM
F-in hilarious IMHO. Then again I have an odd sense of humor :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTEswkc4lPs&list=PL93F2C2C1F7938FF3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA8hK32JRRw&list=PL93F2C2C1F7938FF3

SlowBurn
03-17-2014, 09:25 PM

If you get in a crash, it is a casket. If you're on a motorcycle at least you're aware you're unprotected. A Prius it looks like a car but the body has the strength of a paper kite.

chrish
03-17-2014, 09:53 PM
If you get in a crash, it is a casket. If you're on a motorcycle at least you're aware you're unprotected. A Prius it looks like a car but the body has the strength of a paper kite.

What's worse, it's a Prius.

Kinda reminds me of that cat thread here. Not gonna own a Prius, or barricade myself in a bedroom from a house cat. Neither can fit down my toilet.

RainingAgain
03-17-2014, 11:27 PM
I guess I'll me the minority opinion. I love Glocks. They are simple, reliable, affordable, and parts are cheap and readily available. They offer the highest capacity magazines, and those are affordable too. I have no issues with the grip or the trigger. There are better looking guns, but I don't think Glocks are ugly. And honestly, I doubt the BG I'm pointing it at would care. The sights suck, but those are easily changed. If you don't like them it makes no difference to me. I've never had to send one back for service, never had to replace a broken part, and have never had a malfunction in thousands and thousands of rounds. If you would like to pass your Glocks on to me I will gladly accept them. Just don't park your Toyota in my driveway, that's where I draw the line.Completely agree. I like being able to carry my G26 in 10+1 or, using a G19 mag, in 15+1. Once I go to bed, a nice reliable 31 round mag slips in. Very flexible.

RainingAgain
03-17-2014, 11:29 PM

My hands too small for a glock, back of grip to trigger distance, coupled with the huge coke bottle grip frame, AND the weird non 45 degree angle....

:rolleyes:There are places that do grip reductions. I found that the 36, 42 and 26 Gen4 fit smaller hands.

muggsy
03-20-2014, 09:12 AM

Not bad Chrish, but you need to work on your delivery a bit. A few embellishments wouldn't hurt either. Muggsy, always the critic. :) Glock, the face that only a muther could love.

berettabone
03-20-2014, 09:53 AM

:rolleyes:
But you can put them in the dishwasher.......................................; )

bobandmikako
03-29-2014, 04:33 AM
I have quite a few pistols, and there are a few Glocks among them. I've never had a problem with the grip angle that some folks mention. I don't think they're ugly, but I wouldn't really care if a gun is ugly anyway. I'm sure there are reasons that Glocks are so widely used in USPSA and IDPA. For carrying though, it's hard to beat a Kahr.

nuke
03-29-2014, 08:30 AM
I recently purchased my first Glock; a G17 GEN 4. Compared to my other handguns (Kahr, Ruger, S&W), it's a well made gun and has given me zero issues with roughly 1000 rounds down range. The GEN 4 has 4 backstraps which I've experimented with and have chosen to provide a tailored grip. Take-down is easier than with my other handguns.

After hearing all the "hate" about Glocks, I found out for myself that it's like most anything else; decide for yourself. Although my LCP and CW9 are my in-rotation-EDC's, that G17 certainly would be part of the mix if I was a bigger framed person. However, the G17 is my PRIMARY at-home, roaming the acreage sidearm. 17+1 is also a nice plus...

sw66hiviz
03-29-2014, 09:47 AM
I recently purchased my first Glock; a G17 GEN 4. Compared to my other handguns (Kahr, Ruger, S&W), it's a well made gun and has given me zero issues with roughly 1000 rounds down range. The GEN 4 has 4 backstraps which I've experimented with and have chosen to provide a tailored grip. Take-down is easier than with my other handguns.

After hearing all the "hate" about Glocks, I found out for myself that it's like most anything else; decide for yourself. Although my LCP and CW9 are my in-rotation-EDC's, that G17 certainly would be part of the mix if I was a bigger framed person. However, the G17 is my PRIMARY at-home, roaming the acreage sidearm. 17+1 is also a nice plus...

---------
Yeah, pretty much what he said. I really didn't want to like Glocks. Tried not to like 'em. Stayed away from them for many years, then bought a 17 sorta on impulse as, at the time, I could get if for $75 less than an M&P. Plus, it came with 3 mags, M&P only two. I now have a love/hate relationship with it.

Drawbacks (sort of):
-Still not crazy about the feel of the grip, but am warming up to it, just as I now think it is a good looking gun. I have small hands. I run it with no back strap insert.

-Still not crazy about the light trigger (I know - training, training, training. Finger off the trigger and all) just because I'm that sorta worry wart. This is the primary reason I continue to consider selling it.

Things that keep me hanging on to it:
-Utter simplicity all around. Looks, controls, take down.
-Abundance of accessories and information, contrary to my 2006 Kawasaki Z750S.
-I can shoot it well, and I'm not generally a very good shot.
-Barrel length, sight radius.
-I like the looks, but not as much as a Browning HiPower, which I can't afford.
-History of reliability, plus, so far, mine has been reliable out of the box. My CW9 with the 8 round mag had a few issues. My CW 380, which I shot for the first time yesterday, has a lot of issues (but man do I love that little thing so far! This will be a separate post.) And yes, I did some break-in work on it prior to taking it to the range.
-The Glock is just growing on me more and more.

Possible alternatives that might get me to sell it:
(BTW, I shoot lefty)
-Sig P250. Simplicity like the Glock. Nice trigger, "safer" than the Glock (I doubt we'll see the same type of ADs/NDs with the Sig v the Glock. Problem is that they seem to still have some issues to work out, and accessories are almost not existent.
-When Kahr makes a hi-cap CW9 and offers some accessories, such as different sights.
-Maybe a Beretta PX 4 Storm. I have a Stoeger Cougar. Nice gun, don't like the slide-mounted safety/decocker.
-Maybe a Taurus PT92. There's just something about it that keeps my attention. Problems: weight. Can't change the sights. Big frickin' gun...but I like it.

In summary, I tried to be a Glock hater just because, and now I can't.

berettabone
03-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Instead of a Taurus PT92, go Beretta.........................................;)

sw66hiviz
03-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Instead of a Taurus PT92, go Beretta.........................................;)

Taurus has the frame-mounted safety, is less expensive and from what I understand, reliable (not that the Beretta isn't, it is just commenting about Taurus' products).

b4uqzme
03-21-2015, 09:20 AM
The Glock 43 thread got me to thinking again as to why I so passionately dislike Glocks. Does it even make sense? So I thought I'd resurrect this old thread and beat the dead horse some more. ;)

1) I guess I am not a fan of the Glock fan base. Similar to how I feel about folks who think Hondas and Toyotas are the best vehicles for everybody.

2) I genuinely think Glocks are silly. But I need to explain that. They are really just silly from MY perspective. The grip angle and the trigger, etc. are way different from the handguns that I train to use for self defense. So the design just doesn't work for me. Honestly, if Glock is what you train with, I wouldn't condemn you for feeling the same about my Kahrs and revolvers.

So, with that said, I guess I'm happy for the Glock guys that they are finally making a single stack nine. I just wonder how good it will really be...is it thin enough to justify carrying fewer rounds? I know that, along with other advantages, my Kahrs are.

berettabone
03-21-2015, 09:52 AM
About a month ago, I went with a friend to the indoor range, which I hardly ever do, but he had gift certificates, so I was there:p......................I went to shoot my Range Officer compact for the first time. My friend brought his Glock 20. Now, I know I rip Glock's and their owners(repeatedly) but it's probably more about the owners than the firearm itself. I have not shot a Glock in forever, and he handed it over. The 20 worked well, no problems, but that grip and angle were just too much to overcome. Actually, I shot it better than the owner. A lot better. I ended up telling him that he has the wrong firearm. Not because of the manufacturer, but he has smaller hands than I, and the grip is too large for me. He picked it up, in really good condition a few years back, for $400, with 3 mags. It's basically for home protection, but he mentioned that he also carries it in the woods. Since we've known each other forever, I could tell him, that even though it's a good woods gun, I don't think he's accurate enough with it, because of the size in comparison to his hands. I didn't hurt his man muscles any...........................He is looking around for something else, but will still keep the G, for home. Like a lot of other firearms, Glock's are for a particular person, who likes that grip angle and fat grip. If I was ever to purchase a Glock(shoot me now :o) it would be a Gen 2 23. Best one they make IMHO.

b4uqzme
03-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Truthfully, when it comes to double stacks, I don't know why everyone doesn't choose CZ. I guess I'm kinda "Glock-like" in that attitude. But CZ corrects all the shortfalls of the Glock ergos and comes in different trigger platforms and allows for different carry styles and they are quality and they don't cost too much and you can choose steel or polymer or alloy ......on and on.

RRP
03-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Some people who drive Fords look down upon those who drive Chevy or Dodge. And vice-versa. It's no different with guns.

Live, and let live.

b4uqzme
03-21-2015, 12:39 PM
Some people who drive Fords look down upon those who drive Chevy or Dodge. And vice-versa. It's no different with guns.

Live, and let live.

Yep. I think my posts show that I agree about the live and let live part. I hope it doesn't sound like I "look down" on Glocks. I just don't like them myself.

SlowBurn
03-21-2015, 01:06 PM
All I can say is I've had my Glock 17 over 20 years. Indestructible, accurate, balances and feels great in my hands. I'll never sell or trade it.

ltxi
03-21-2015, 03:38 PM
I actually like my long owned gen 2 G23 and shoot it well. Ashamed to admit either, I am.

Redstate
03-21-2015, 04:02 PM
I like my Glocks and my Kahrs. I just prefer to carry the Glock for greater capacity and for the reason that I shoot them better. Of course, if i had as many rounds down range on my Kahrs as on my Glocks, I might be able to shoot the Kahrs better. I use a Glocks for competition and have for years. I would estimate that overall I have around 25,000 rounds through Glocks and less than 5,000 through Kahrs.

O'Dell
03-21-2015, 05:24 PM

Live, and let live.

hmm, I have a Chevy [Corvette] and a Ford [C-Max Energi]. I guess I now have to buy a Dodge. That new Challenger HellCat looks nice.....

downtownv
03-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Da Still Ugly....

Barth
03-21-2015, 05:29 PM
I still own my Glock Gen 3 G27.
I'm a trigger guy.
And run factory '-' connector with a NY1 spring module.
The trigger is really quite good.
Adding Storm Lake barrels really improved accuracy for me too.

Personally I'd take a HK VP9 over a G19.
But that's no surprise to anyone here that knows me - LOL!
http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2014/10/hk_vp_9_F.jpg

O'Dell
03-21-2015, 05:31 PM
I just don't like them myself.

My position exactly. The 2x4 grip and the grip angle just don't work for me. My son carries a Glock 22, and more power to him. I can still out shoot his Glock with a SIG, HK, Kahr, S&W, etc.

RRP
03-21-2015, 05:44 PM
hmm, I have a Chevy [Corvette] and a Ford [C-Max Energi]. I guess I now have to buy a Dodge. That new Challenger HellCat looks nice.....

That's sorta the way I feel about guns. I'd like to have one of everything!

Alfonse
03-21-2015, 06:56 PM

I would love to try a VP9. My favorite full sized 9s right now are CZs with CGW work on them. I don't know if a VP9 would eclipse those or not. I don't really need another, but the VP9 has gotten me thinking about it.

gb6491
03-21-2015, 08:27 PM
I still own my Glock Gen 3 G27.
I'm a trigger guy.
And run factory '-' connector with a NY1 spring module.
The trigger is really quite good.
Adding Storm Lake barrels really improved accuracy for me too.

Is it possible to remove the cheap looking (IMO) ambi slide lock lever on the VP9?
http://i62.tinypic.com/bdr6nn.jpg
Regards,
Greg

O'Dell
03-21-2015, 08:41 PM
That's sorta the way I feel about guns. I'd like to have one of everything!

GUNS?? Oh, is this a guns forum? Never mind!

Barth
03-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Is it possible to remove the cheap looking (IMO) ambi slide lock lever on the VP9?
http://i62.tinypic.com/bdr6nn.jpg
Regards,
Greg

My Magic 8 ball says - no.
Seriously, HKPro answer is -
You cannot remove the right-side slide release lever because it holds the TRS in the frame.
Sorry...

gb6491
03-22-2015, 05:59 PM
My Magic 8 ball says - no.
Seriously, HKPro answer is -
You cannot remove the right-side slide release lever because it holds the TRS in the frame.
Sorry...
Thanks Barth.
Regards,
Greg

SlowBurn
03-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Da Still Ugly....

As a mud fence. Nother thing I like about it.