PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day

Dietrich
05-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Today is their special day.If you are fortunate enough for your mother to still be alive,show her how much she means to you.You only get one mother.Cherish her. Happy Mothers Day to all.

O'Dell
05-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Today is their special day.If you are fortunate enough for your mother to still be alive,show her how much she means to you.You only get one mother.Cherish her. Happy Mothers Day to all.

Amen My mother died 3 years ago at 96. Although I only got to visit her 5 or 6 times a year, I really miss those trips.

jlottmc
05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
My mother and I are like oil and water, but she's still MY mother. She does keep my kid three days out of the week when I'm at work and that really helps. We had talked about sending the rugrat to her pre-school three days out of the week but mom was quite happy with the two days. Funny how things like that work out.

Bawanna
05-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Well I just finished waxing my wifes mustang! I don't think I've waxed a car in 20 years. Thought about going over and waxing my moms Rav but I fear the energy level is running low. My ma is pretty on top of keeping that thing spotless anyhow. Never see it dirty.

WMD
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
My mom passed away a while back (at too early of an age!). I miss her a lot. That being said..., my wife is the mother of my two kids. I bought her a new car, does that count?

Bawanna
05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
My mom passed away a while back (at too early of an age!). I miss her a lot. That being said..., my wife is the mother of my two kids. I bought her a new car, does that count?

I would hope to shout that counts. I bet shes happy and hope she realizes how lucky she is to have you.

johnh
05-12-2010, 06:42 AM
I let my wife drive my new car a couple times. Does that count?

:D

John

Bawanna
05-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I let my wife drive my new car a couple times. Does that count?

:D

John

With that big hemi, maybe just letting her sit in it without the keys would do. I mean you let her ride with ya once in awhile right. I'd say you went above and beyond. Did you check for scratches and tread depth when she returned?

jlottmc
05-12-2010, 09:18 AM
My wife so seldom drives my truck, I cringe any time it happens.

wyntrout
05-12-2010, 09:37 AM
My wife's 9-year-old Volvo S40 needs to go into the shop, badly. She works and would have to let her use my full-sized van... CRINGE! I drive it like a sports car and I use the accelerator a lot... first V-8 in several decades(27 years)! I love it but it goes into a larger space than her tiny car. I'm afraid she'll try to put it into too small an opening. I've had to LET HER DRIVE some on trips, but that's rare. It still has a small dent in the driver's door from its first month where I was backing and turning and bumped one of those yellow pipe thingies in the concrete to protect something else. I did that and it got the first ding out of the way... but I didn't hurt anything... I'm worried she might trim some off the corners!:eek:
Wynn:D

jlottmc
05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
It beats what mine did to a truck I used to own. First time I let her drive, we were getting back on the highway in the mountains in TN headed back to NC, she goes from third to second (I drive a standard), and 'bout puts us both through the windshield. Then same truck, we went out to a drive through, I was dumb enough to let her drive again, and she cuts a corner too sharp, hits the white concrete thing to protect the menu. Got the truck right on the corner between the extended cab and the bed, big white dent and scrape there. That was about the last time she got to drive if I'm around.