PDA

View Full Version : CC Holster For Wife

bayoutrigger
05-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Between my wife and I we are assembling quite a collection of CC holsters trying to find the "perfect" one.

The process has been more difficult for my wife since she wants but I have successfully argued against carrying her p380 in a holster in her favorite purse.

She doesn't like the specially made cc purses. She tried a belly band which she liked best of all but she said it became uncomfortable after a while. She can't take it off and on conveniently since she is a RN in hospital surgery department.

We tried the neck chain holster from Kahr. The holster is great but the chain is bothersome since she wears scrubs and the chain hangs around her neck.

I just ordered her a Ultra Carry Concealed Carry Holster (http://deepconceal.com/concealed-carry-holsters/ultra-carry-concealed-carry-holster) to try out. It is like the kangaroo holster.

When the ultra carry gets here I am going to see if there is any way to mate the kydex chain holster (without the chain) to the ultra concealed carry to end up with what amounts to a comfortable shoulder holster worn under scrubs. Has anybody tried anything like this?

jlottmc
05-09-2010, 12:30 PM
How were you thinking of mounting that kydex? I could see that as a decent rig, but not so much with the easy off/on part. Also, correct me if I'm wrong here, but it looks like a belly band with some shoulder support. I would suggest maybe an ankle rig, for that situation. One with a retention strap, and support strap, and some lambs wool on the skin side. As for the mounting of kydex to that other holster, you may probably sew some velcro to the holster and the glue the heck out of the corresponding side for mounting on the kydex. I would worry about it coming loose/off with heavy activity though. If off body would be less problematic, what about one of those day planner holsters?

bayoutrigger
05-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Yes, much like a belly band with shoulder support. However, with the shoulder support there is no need for the belly band to be tight for support.

My thought is to run something through the holster when the chain now goes and attach it to the belly band part of the new ultra carry.

I forgot to mention that I primarily use a smart carry but wife didn't like it for her.

jlottmc
05-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Threading though those holes in the kydex might be a bit uncomfortable depending on what is used. I'm not familiar with the smart carry. Hmm a conundrum, what about a runners chest pack/pouch? I'm thinking of testing one for when I run as I get back into shape, that might be an option. I still wonder wonder about that kangaroo type holster getting caught during movement especially if your wife is like mine, which is to say a less than petite figure and a petite height. As she would bend and twist I wonder if it would get caught. I'll stew on this a bit more and see if I can offer some more thoughts.

jlottmc
05-10-2010, 11:34 AM
You know, you got me to thinking (a painful process), I need to get a rig so that I can run and get my fat a$$ back into shape. Check these guys out Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns (http://www.pistolwear.com) it looks like a softer belly band and they have one similar to what you suggest. I'm considering one for the above purpose.

bayoutrigger
05-10-2010, 09:13 PM
That pistol wear looks interesting. Guess I will invest in one to check it out.

jlottmc
05-11-2010, 05:21 AM
I've read good things about it in my research, and I think I'll be investing in one as well. I've still got the wheels turning, but as we all know with me it's a slow process.

1sleekMK40
07-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Has anyone got one of these yet? How do you like it?